• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I will add on the Danny Rose thing, some of you know that I know Callum Davenport who has a solid unspectacular career but earnt decent money and also had off the field incidents which are well publicised

He truly didn’t have a clue what to do when he retired and tried coaching ... last time I spoke to him he was learning to be a hair dresser and had found GHod. He moved to Plymouth as it has great swimming facilities for his kid and he couldn’t stay in Bedford for fear of agro from ex friends and jealous people

Yes. I read an article about him earlier this year and you prompted me to find it:

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sp...s/fame-football-faith-calum-davenport-2430049

Good for him.

Interesting that he says football is full of a lot of egos. That explains why certain players will be fans favorites as they appear humble.
I’ve met plenty of players and IMO the ones that people think are arrogant are and vice versa

Sheringham... dingdong
Defoe... legend
les ferdinand... arrogant
Rio Ferdinand.... top guy

Don Hutchinson... lovely bloke but a rubbish player

I’ve met plenty of players and IMO the ones that people think are arrogant are and vice versa

Sheringham... dingdong
Defoe... legend

Agree with most of those, though I have to say every time I met Sheringham he was alright. Ledders, Shaggy, Hazard, Ossie all magic...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Sheringham... dingdong
Defoe... legend

like the famous rugby football quote

Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; football is a gentleman’s game played by beasts

Im guessing he was put coked up when you met him

Venables wasn’t very nice either

Danny Rose was sound, quite quiet but funny too

Indeed whenever I met Sheringham it was players lounge or in the stands when injured. There were a few who could really, really drink back in the 90s! A night out in London post-game was carnage!

Indeed whenever I met Sheringham it was players lounge or in the stands when injured. There were a few who could really, really drink back in the 90s! A night out in London post-game was carnage!

Yeah they may have been athletes but they showed that more in the bar

like the famous rugby football quote

Rugby is a beastly game played by gentlemen; football is a gentleman’s game played by beasts

Having played with and met some great players I’d say that gonad*s, and is a saying created by rugby players

Back