• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Totally agree, if Jan’s was really a red card offense then I’m giving up the game!

But the fact is he was given a red and it wasn’t overturned after the game, so the FA clearly think it was, ergo if that was then why the fudge was Bardsley not given one?
We didn't appeal did we?

Thought it was straight red? If it was a 2nd yellow it’s slightly more palatable!

It was a second yellow. This one is seared on my mind because I "ever-so-slightly" lost my cool with a bloke in the pub who was yelling for Jan to get sent off and I knew that even a yellow would mean he had to go (as he'd been booked for the earlier handball).

Him playing in central midfield was a good demonstration of why the majority of involvements in that role should be fairly simple and safe passes.
It was a crazy few minutes. Some glorious blood and thunder challenges, mazy dribbles right through the middle and constantly losing possession in key areas. Love Danny but let's not do that again in a big game.

Couple of points here:

First, there has definitely been a change in Poch in recent weeks. A lot more fire in his belly, where he is usually quite calm and considered. Hopefully this isn't a bad thing!
Secondly, we were far worse in the second half I thought! Might have been a great team talk but I didn't think we would score with the way the game was panning out. Rose however embodies the fighting spirit Pochettino wants in his teams. He has that bit of devil and we all love it.

Couple of points here:

First, there has definitely been a change in Poch in recent weeks. A lot more fire in his belly, where he is usually quite calm and considered. Hopefully this isn't a bad thing!
Secondly, we were far worse in the second half I thought! Might have been a great team talk but I didn't think we would score with the way the game was panning out. Rose however embodies the fighting spirit Pochettino wants in his teams. He has that bit of devil and we all love it.

Better? Worse?, not sure but the important thing is DIFFERENT!!

Back