• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Played well again, wish he would concentrate fully on trying to earn his place back in the team and less on flapping his gums to the press.

I don't care what he says if he's playing well, but he has to realise its a stick to beat him with if he's not.

Good point and that is why he should keep stum, he was good against Barca but brick against Burnley so maybe he should do less of the gum flapping and get down to trying to become the player we saw for the 12 months he was at his best.

Played well again, wish he would concentrate fully on trying to earn his place back in the team and less on flapping his gums to the press.
I’ve got to be honest, I don’t see how much focus/energy it takes to say have that Arsenal and we’ll see who comes where at the end of the season. If giving a two minute interview took that much away from his ability to train he wouldn’t even be a professional footballer.

Also this thing of making him out to be constantly talking to the press is nonsense - he doesn’t do it anymore than certain other players in the squad. I’ve seen plenty of other interviews from players not posted on here at all, but as soon as it’s a Danny Rose one it’s straight up on here so can be lambasted for talking to the press yet again even when he’s not said anything out of turn. All because a while ago Rose said a couple of things that upset some on here and ever since he’s criticised anytime he talks. He’s always going to be honest and direct in interviews and good on him for that....

I’ve got to be honest, I don’t see how much focus/energy it takes to say have that Arsenal and we’ll see who comes where at the end of the season. If giving a two minute interview took that much away from his ability to train he wouldn’t even be a professional footballer.

Also this thing of making him out to be constantly talking to the press is nonsense - he doesn’t do it anymore than certain other players in the squad. I’ve seen plenty of other interviews from players not posted on here at all, but as soon as it’s a Danny Rose one it’s straight up on here so can be lambasted for talking to the press yet again even when he’s not said anything out of turn. All because a while ago Rose said a couple of things that upset some on here and ever since he’s criticised anytime he talks. He’s always going to be honest and direct in interviews and good on him for that....

Well Stop! Hammer time i guess, and its not just a two minute interview is it. He is always flapping his gums about something and he seems unable to shut up. But as i say Stop! Hammer time and we have different ones. :)

I’ve been someone who’s been irked by a couple of his interviews, I don’t mind the Goon one so much as he wasn’t being negative about the club or voicing feelings that should only be shared with his employers.

The press seem to have cottoned in the he will give a better sound bite than most of the media trained robots so will probably ask him a few questions more often than say Eriksen. Hopefully he can use his platform for drawing awareness to mental health issues and what a cracking set up we have for players to improve. If he can carry on his form and fitness he has a big part to play this season and beyond.

I'm good with Rose's statement because his perspective is supported by his performances. The Arsenal game and others recently.

Success at the highest level of any professional sport is dictated by fine margins and having confidence is a huge factor. He's displaying that confidence with his words and actions. One can feed off the other and it's not hard to imagine that when Rose is in a fully confident mode, he's begun to play the way we always wanted him to - with a little swagger. Same way Dele goes about his business.

Poch on Rose: https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...-dangerous-situation-vs-everton-a8694381.html

Mauricio Pochettino joked he has told Danny Rose he needs to “relax” more as a player, and focus on his game, as he praised the left-back for turning his Tottenham Hotspur career around.

There had been points over the last two years where it seemed Rose would leave, with the manager even telling him he needed to focus on his football. Pochettino feels he has done that.

“There is no doubt about Danny Rose's quality, there is no doubt. He is a great player. But, like with all the players of great quality, you need to be focused in your job,” Pochattino said.

“If you are focused, and you train and care about yourself - and don't think too much. Danny is a thinker.

“I always say to him ‘Danny you are thinking too much. You need to stop, and work. You need to deliver the job that we want, don't think.’

Poch laying the smackdown on Rose! Love it!

More quotes:

“He arrives here (at the training ground) and asks ‘what are we going to do? One lap, two laps? Training session or tactical session? And then I need to go to the gym? Have a shower or not have a shower. Eat or not eat?’

“Stop and relax! He needs to stop thinking. Sometimes he tries to think for us too. He spends too much energy thinking about everything. He needs to arrive here and stop thinking. ‘We are going to manage you, do this, do that, go to the shower and then have lunch. Then when you go to your car you can start to think again’.

“But for the four or five or six hours he spends here, he needs to let us manage him. If not he wants to manage himself, us and everyone. He spends too much energy and he doesn't have the energy to do what he is supposed to do. That is a very dangerous situation.

“He is a lucky man. When I arrived, I don't know why, I connected with him and he felt my love. He was out (of the team) when I arrived and was on his way out of Tottenham. That is why now he has to pay it back.”

Poch laying the smackdown on Rose! Love it!

More quotes:

“He arrives here (at the training ground) and asks ‘what are we going to do? One lap, two laps? Training session or tactical session? And then I need to go to the gym? Have a shower or not have a shower. Eat or not eat?’

“Stop and relax! He needs to stop thinking. Sometimes he tries to think for us too. He spends too much energy thinking about everything. He needs to arrive here and stop thinking. ‘We are going to manage you, do this, do that, go to the shower and then have lunch. Then when you go to your car you can start to think again’.

“But for the four or five or six hours he spends here, he needs to let us manage him. If not he wants to manage himself, us and everyone. He spends too much energy and he doesn't have the energy to do what he is supposed to do. That is a very dangerous situation.

“He is a lucky man. When I arrived, I don't know why, I connected with him and he felt my love. He was out (of the team) when I arrived and was on his way out of Tottenham. That is why now he has to pay it back.”

Of all the things that I expected Rose to be accused of, I never thought that it would be thinking too much

Those Poch quotes are a fascinating insight, he seems to have a knack for speaking honestly but with thought at the same time.

I’m sure we’ve all worked with people who can take instruction without question and others who challenge their superiors. Rose said himself that he spent a lot of extra time talking with Poch, perhaps driven by a desire to improve and understand the philosophy of the drills and training. The real stumbling block came when Walker who he must have felt he had so much in common with was allowed to leave to hit the jackpot in many ways by going to City. At the same time it would not have been unthinkable that united had made overtures via his agent for a similar salary and then he got himself properly injured. I think Poch is reminding him to focus on the here and now.
I was thinking about Lennon and his personal issues the other day and saw another possible affinity with Rose - left Leeds at 15/16 in a move which was driven by the club’s financial state rather than them wanting to go, coming down to London and through a lot of hard work eventually establishing themselves as a perm club regular and into the England squad. As such being away from home at that age might have made playing and training an even more important part of their life, so when this was taken away through injuries / loss of form this leaves a huge hole in their routine with little experience of how to cope with the changes.

this mental health issue is very important - i'm reaching here perhaps, but hearing tyson fury in his interviews on this just shows that people with depression are thinking ALL the time - they just don't feel they have done enough, or are adequate etc and must be so draining on them and those around them

Don't worry Danny, as Poch says focus on the work and let your mind rest - best i feel is yet to come from him

this mental health issue is very important - i'm reaching here perhaps, but hearing tyson fury in his interviews on this just shows that people with depression are thinking ALL the time - they just don't feel they have done enough, or are adequate etc and must be so draining on them and those around them

Don't worry Danny, as Poch says focus on the work and let your mind rest - best i feel is yet to come from him

Depression comes from a chemical inbalanace, so it’s a physical illness that causes mental issues (my wife is a mental health expert).

The side effects are that when you have that imbalance you will think and operate differently

Depression comes from a chemical inbalanace, so it’s a physical illness that causes mental issues (my wife is a mental health expert).

The side effects are that when you have that imbalance you will think and operate differently
Would recommend Lost Connections by Johann Hari for a view on depression different from the chemical imbalance hypothesis. Not looking to start a huge discussion on it, but the chemical imbalance hypothesis is controversial and imo far from the only answer.

Rose recovering from that and recovering form is great news all around.

Back