• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

He was excellent I thought, very aggressive, not in terms of fighting everyone, but in terms of attacking the ball. Walker was great at that as well back in the day for us. I think FB is such an important position for a Poch team, would be great if Rose can find some fitness long term.

Similar to guardian article

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...ter-nonsense-derby-celebrations-a4022646.html

Some great insight into Poch's management of him

After the World Cup, I called the manager and we spoke. We spoke for an hour before the first game at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and we spoke for an hour after that. The one main thing that stuck out from what he said to me was: ‘Danny — stop wasting time’. So yeah, I’m not wasting any more time. I’ve got my head down again and I’m doing okay at the minute. I’m trying to get back to where I was a couple of years ago.

“He meant, ‘Be fully focused’. On the pitch. And if you’re not fully focused then you’re free to leave the club. So I told him that I am fully focused. And I’m going to be here to fight and help the club progress. And I hope that I am showing that in my performances and in training as well.”

Really hope we and he can get him back to where he was, thought he was better than Walker that season he was on fire. Has better end product than Walker when on top of his game.

Nothing wrong with what he said

Dier is getting abused through the window of his car, after spongebob is hanging out of his Uber winding them up.
Particularly pointed remark about players who have played 10 games for the club going OTT and nothing wrong with calling them out.

Its shown them to be what they are - us 10yrs ago

Oooh. I loike that.

The best thing about Rose's comments are that he's backed up every word with his level of play and commitment.

Captain Danny Rose. Conquerer of Islington.

Picturing him draped in fur, roaring with laughter as he rides an Arctic sled pulled by a team of feral Corgies, viciously snapping at the shins of panicked Arsenal fans scrambling to get out of his way, as a cackling Daniel Levy mans a projector casting giant replays of Rose's debut goal off the glowering clouds overhead.

Yeah. It is possible to change people's perceptions with a little hard work.

Last edited:
We still have to play them again and we still have to finish ahead of them. Do your talking when you've done the job. Not before.
Seriously, some really are over precious about every little comment this player makes. He’s done his job, he played well and stated this win was for giving it the big one after one victory against us. He’s right, and he’s not celebrating like we’ve won the league he’s just telling it how it is and what most of Spurs have been saying. This comment isnt going to rile Arsenal up into becoming a better team than us. Good on him....

Seriously, some really are over precious about every little comment this player makes. He’s done his job, he played well and stated this win was for giving it the big one after one victory against us. He’s right, and he’s not celebrating like we’ve won the league he’s just telling it how it is and what most of Spurs have been saying. This comment isnt going to rile Arsenal up into becoming a better team than us. Good on him....

He’s effectively said we’re going to finish ahead of them. We probably will but if we don’t, which is not beyond the realms of possibility, that comment will come back and bite him because you’ll have some Arsenal player that will come out and say “Rose riled us up with his brick talk.”

Say nothing, finish the job and then talk all you like.

He’s effectively said we’re going to finish ahead of them. We probably will but if we don’t, which is not beyond the realms of possibility, that comment will come back and bite him because you’ll have some Arsenal player that will come out and say “Rose riled us up with his brick talk.”

If Arsenal finish ahead of us you have no idea who will say what, and you are making more of his comments than is necessary and possibly even more than Arsenal players would. It’s a rivalry and these sort of comments are normal, if you can’t gloat after beating your rivals only a couple of weeks after their players we’re going way OTT over their win and their fans piping up then what is the point. Enjoy the now, if Arsenal were to finish ahead of us which they won’t it would have zero to do with what Rose has said....

Who cares what they say at the end of the season? If they finish above us, I won't need them to tell me that we fudged up.

Even if they are riled up, that impact will be short lived. Then as we are a LOT better than them, we’ll finish nicely ahead of them still. I’ll be surprised if we don’t finish at least ten points ahead of them. They’ve failed to impress in a lot of their matches, that’s why they haven’t led at half time yet. That’s a worrying statistic and shouldn’t be overlooked, that they are good in the second half shouldn’t outshine their poor start, it means that they are saving and scraping results rather than going out and outright winning from the start.

Back