• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

He started out as a left winger, but I don't think he ever had enough in his locker to be a top one.
Agreed. Maybe in the old 442 days when he was starting out beating a man and slinging in a cross on your good foot was enough but with inverted wingers and preference for 4321 this has become the role of the full / wing back.

Rose:

"What he has done here in the last four or five years has been amazing. It is no secret all the teams have spent a lot more than what we have. The manager did not make any signings in the summer and he is probably not going to make any signings in January."

"It speaks volumes of how good he is. It is no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him. It is exactly what he deserves."

"He has transformed how others think of us outside the club and transformed how we think of ourselves and how we approach big games. We hope he stays for a really long time."

"Everyone had written us off and we proved them wrong. The belief he gives everybody is just amazing. For example, Kyle Walker-Peters made a mistake in Barcelona but that will not affect what the manager thinks of him. He will stick with Kyle no matter what."

"That is the sort of man he is, once you win his trust it will take an awful lot to break that. He has been amazing for myself and this club, and we hope he is here for a very long time."

Nothing wrong with that, I'd say.

Probably something to do with this.

Mauricio Pochettino deserves to be linked with Real Madrid and Manchester United thanks to his achievements at Tottenham, according to full-back Danny Rose.

The Argentine led Spurs to the Champions League knockout stages for a second consecutive season this week thanks to a 1-1 draw at Barcelona, and a little luck with results going their way, despite having only taken a point from the first three group stage games.

It is arguably his finest achievement since arriving at Spurs from Southampton four-and-a-half years ago. However, while he is often praised, Pochettino is, of course, yet to win a trophy at Tottenham and is often cited as the first choice with top clubs around the world, with both United and Real Madrid persistently mentioned, where – the theory goes – he is more likely to win something.

“It’s no coincidence that every day you read Real Madrid want him or United want him,” Rose told the Guardian.

“It’s exactly what he deserves. What he has done here in the last four or five years has been amazing. He has transformed how others think of us outside the club and he has transformed how we think of ourselves and how we approach big games.

“The belief he gives everybody is just amazing. For example, Kyle Walker-Peters made a mistake in Barcelona but it will not affect what the manager thinks of him. He will stick with Kyle no matter what. That’s the sort of man he is: once you win his trust it will take an awful lot to break that. He has been amazing for myself and this club, and we hope he is here for a very long time.”

Pochettino has spoken of this season being his biggest challenge as a manager, with a number of injuries following the World Cup, stadium delays and – most challenging perhaps – no summer signings.

“It’s no secret all the teams have spent a lot more than what we have,” Rose continued. “The manager did not make any signings in the summer and he is probably not going to make any in January. Why do I say that? Well, I’ve not heard anything so I am guessing. So for him to do what he has done and what he is doing now speaks volumes. Like I said, it’s no coincidence big teams are being linked with him.”

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/fo...al-madrid-links-says-danny-rose-a4016196.html

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with that, I'd say.

Huh?! This is what he's alluding to:

"He deserves to be linked with 'big' clubs, especially because he has no money to spend and only signs players I have to search Google for. Oh woe is me! But I hope he stays a long time though.."

fudge off Danny. Seriously shut your fudging trap and fudge off.. He knows what he's doing, too many repeat occurances for it to be bad judgement.

Had his best game for a long time, IF he can keep that up then Davies will once again have competition for the LB spot. And lets be honest that can only be a good thing for us.
Great to have him back and he looked good. Would be great for us if he can regain his form and move on from what's happened in the past.

I agree with him that Pochettino deserves to be linked to the biggest clubs, and that I hope he stays with us despite those links.

Great to have him back and he looked good. Would be great for us if he can regain his form and move on from what's happened in the past.

I agree with him that Pochettino deserves to be linked to the biggest clubs, and that I hope he stays with us despite those links.

You may agree, but you don't have the same wide public platform to share your thoughts. Nor do you have the ability to destabilise our squad.

They're fudging stupid comments for a player to make, I don't give a brick if you agree with the sentiment.

Huh?! This is what he's alluding to:

"He deserves to be linked with 'big' clubs, especially because he has no money to spend and only signs players I have to search Google for. Oh woe is me! But I hope he stays a long time though.."

fudge off Danny. Seriously shut your fudging trap and fudge off.. He knows what he's doing, too many repeat occurances for it to be bad judgement.
Calm down. There is nothing detrimental to the club there at all. It is actually very complimentary towards Poch. Cant see what there is to be annoyed about? Much more important things in the world to get stressed about.

You may agree, but you don't have the same wide public platform to share your thoughts. Nor do you have the ability to destabilise our squad.

They're fudging stupid comments for a player to make, I don't give a brick if you agree with the sentiment.
If it destabilises the squad that will obviously be bad. For me that would point towards more fundamental problems in our squad, which I don't think are there.

I think Pochettino's reactions will be a decent gauge of the actual consequences of Rose saying this. If it has any destabilising effect I would expect Rose to be out in the cold rather quickly.

If it destabilises the squad that will obviously be bad. For me that would point towards more fundamental problems in our squad, which I don't think are there.

I think Pochettino's reactions will be a decent gauge of the actual consequences of Rose saying this. If it has any destabilising effect I would expect Rose to be out in the cold rather quickly.
I dont see how mentioning the constraints we work under and how good a coach Poch is are going to destabalise the squad in any way. These things are common knowledge in the football world, Rose hasnt let out some secret from within the Spurs camp....

Back