• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

I've always thought that Walker was much better in defence than going forward. Though at Emirates Marketing Project he has probably been more creative due to the way they play. When Walker and Rose were our wing-backs, I thought Rose was the better attacking player and Walker the better defensive one.
Walker started as an attacking, goalscoring full back who's defending was his weak point. He worked so hard on his defending, that his attacking was curtailed.

Compering Davies to Rose is difficult as both players have their strengths, however imo Davies is the better player and as far as i am concerned should be/is first choice.
This. Plus everyone keeps comparing Davis now, to Rose at his best. We don't know we'll ever see that Rose again.

A little selective in your choice of stats there. If you include number of successful takeons you'll see that Rose has more than Davies, which I think is what people are referring to when they say 'dynamic'.

Also if you add defensive stats, you'll see that Rose and Davies make an equal number of mistakes, but Rose gets many more tackles and interceptions - again part of what people mean when they say 'dynamic' I think.

http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-...interceptions/tackles_won/defensive_errors#90

Personally I think Rose edges it when both at they're best, but he hasn't been at his best for a long while and Davies is currently better and a better professional.

A little selective in your choice of stats there. If you include number of successful takeons you'll see that Rose has more than Davies, which I think is what people are referring to when they say 'dynamic'.

Also if you add defensive stats, you'll see that Rose and Davies make an equal number of mistakes, but Rose gets many more tackles and interceptions - again part of what people mean when they say 'dynamic' I think.

http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-...interceptions/tackles_won/defensive_errors#90

Personally I think Rose edges it when both at they're best, but he hasn't been at his best for a long while and Davies is currently better and a better professional.

I didn't include the defensive stats because we were talking about their offensive attributes.

Also if you add defensive stats, you'll see that Rose and Davies make an equal number of mistakes, but Rose gets many more tackles and interceptions - again part of what people mean when they say 'dynamic' I think..

And it's not in the stats, but I'm sure Rose draws far more fouls.

Basically Rose does more of everything, except get goals and assists! :D

Which I think reflects most people's view of the two of them - Rose is more 'dynamic' and noticeable, Davies quietly has more end product in attack. I think it's debatable who is the better defender overall (personally I would say Rose, at his best - I always said at the time it was a myth that he was better going forward than defending).

Poch does like a bit of fullback rotation so both will see a lot of action this season I would think.

When is Rose' contract up?

Poch does like a bit of fullback rotation so both will see a lot of action this season I would think.

When is Rose' contract up?
Heard it's because WBs have to do so much more running up and down their flanks. Except no one clocks up more miles per game than Eriksen and he plays every game.

Rose is more aggressive. Pogba on the wing holding the ball by the line. No chance of a full back winning the ball off him it would seem. Rose steamrollers into Pogba and through sheer determination makes the tackle. In some circumstances he might have committed a foul with his aggressiion. But either way it breaks up United's play and stops them getting a foothold. He is tenacious, if a little rash at times.

When attacking Rose can cut in and drive into the box. He can committ defenders in way Davies doesn't. Davies complments tho, as he's what Rose isn't - steady, thoughtful etc. Rose acts first and thinks later. But with that comes drive and determination which you can't coach.

Last edited:
It's a nice problem to have, 2 good players for 1 position. And if the Torygraph is right, then that's excellent news

Back