• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Never a left back in a million years. Weak,indecisive,suspect distribution and poor defensively. An accident waiting to happen and vastly inferior to Benny.
Not even good cover.
Oh, and barely average as a left winger.

Lol you don't get a thread on a player without these sort of OTT comments that always end up biting you in the backside.

You've got nothing to base that on at all, got MOTM at Anfield and against Blackburn was his poorest game I've seen him in yet he wasn't that bad, just let himself down with his crossing which is usually better.

Only thing I agree with you is that he's not a left winger, not got the ability to beat a man one on one usually....

People need to give this guy a break. He's not going to be the finished product when he's young and when he's only playing 5-10 games per season. However he looks to have the basics of what a LB needs and, from what I can remember, has never ballsed up when playing LB for us

Ironically, yesterday the times when he f****d up was when he was going forwards, depsite previously being a winger, rather than defensively. He'll never make it as a LW but with his pace and composure could make a very decent LB over time

Personally, I wouldnt loan him out next year however he should be able to get 20 games by playing all domestic cup games plus some in Europe and the league

People need to give this guy a break. He's not going to be the finished product when he's young and when he's only playing 5-10 games per season. However he looks to have the basics of what a LB needs and, from what I can remember, has never ballsed up when playing LB for us

Ironically, yesterday the times when he f****d up was when he was going forwards, depsite previously being a winger, rather than defensively. He'll never make it as a LW but with his pace and composure could make a very decent LB over time

Personally, I wouldnt loan him out next year however he should be able to get 20 games by playing all domestic cup games plus some in Europe and the league

I would send him out on a season-long loan as a left-back and let Naughton cover that position in his absence.

I would send him out on a season-long loan as a left-back and let Naughton cover that position in his absence.

Problem with that is that now Harry is most likely staying, Charlie is as good as gone given his comments last week. You really need 4 full backs (ie 2 on each side) to cover injuries, suspensions, cup games etc even if someone such as Naughton can play on both flanks. We would have Walker, Benny and Naughton...I dont think thats enough particularly when Walker and Benny with have international commitments (incl walker playing in June) next season as well. SO unless we bring someone else in, I think we need Rose

To be honest i have seen most of his games and he does not impress me as a future LB, yes he is fairly young but i have also seen Naughton on occasions this season and he looks a far better player and should be back here next season.

It was his first PL start this season,how the fudge do you people expect him to perform?He had terrible end product,but so did Walker on the other side

He proved at the end of the last season that he can play LB just fine,he just needs games

Looked a bit nervous to me, seemed to get better as the game went on, looks strong in the challenge too and showed some decent aggression similar to Benny.

It was his first PL start this season,how the fudge do you people expect him to perform?He had terrible end product,but so did Walker on the other side

He proved at the end of the last season that he can play LB just fine,he just needs games

I agree 100% with everything you said

I do not necessary disagree with your first point, but i have seEn him play about a dozen games at LB and he really has struggled on the defensive positioning,as i have said earlier if Naughton does return next season he wii be the back up for Benny. And if that is the case you will not see much of Rose playing LB;

Could you name and provide video evidence of a goal or clear cut goal scoring opportunity which a mistake or inferior defending by Rose has been a direct cause for?

Well against Blackburn , they did not have any attacks , so it was difficult for him to muck up.

He looked out of his depth though and easily our worst player.

Just things like the weight on his passes. He is not composed or accomplished enough on the ball. Championship player, that shows Harry up for being lazy and sloppy .

Problem with that is that now Harry is most likely staying, Charlie is as good as gone given his comments last week. You really need 4 full backs (ie 2 on each side) to cover injuries, suspensions, cup games etc even if someone such as Naughton can play on both flanks. We would have Walker, Benny and Naughton...I dont think thats enough particularly when Walker and Benny with have international commitments (incl walker playing in June) next season as well. SO unless we bring someone else in, I think we need Rose

Adam Smith can take over the Danny Rose role then on the other flank, he's just turned 21 and a promising right back who's had successful loan spells as a right back.

I do not necessary disagree with your first point, but i have seEn him play about a dozen games at LB and he really has struggled on the defensive positioning,as i have said earlier if Naughton does return next season he wii be the back up for Benny. And if that is the case you will not see much of Rose playing LB;

Did you see him play at the end of last season when he gave some commanding performances including a man of the match performance at Anfield?

He's not the most spectacular left-back, but everytime I've seen him play there he's done a good job IMO. I'm not sure why he's getting such a lashing on here, he hardly gets any time on the pitch so how can he significantly improve his all-round game? I felt he could have spent more time starting this season to ensure that BAE was on his toes and 100% fit for the big games. Instead his form tailed off at the end of the season and now he needs surgery!

Rather surprised to see most people want to send him out on a season long loan.

I mentioned that we should a couple of months back and somebody gave me an earful for it. (For next season)

He seems to lack that final delivery at the moment, but that is only from what i have seen of him which is not that much. That said i doubt it would hurt if Rose, Lennon, Walker and Bale spent a while practising those deliveries. It can't really do anything but help in the long term. Defensively he looked sound yesterday, but he seemed prone to the same kind of tricks that bae does, flicking it around and over players in our own third. As far as i know this if why people don't like Bae, but the people that don't haven't seemed to notice this about Rose. Looking defensively sound against a team that really struggled to have any enthusiasm isn't really a standing ovation though.

Well I for one have every confidence in him with regards to our final three games of the season
Same here. The manager, players and the fans will have to be confident in his abilities until the end of the season as he's our only true left-back at the moment!

What I find ridiculous is people bashing him after one Premier League start this season. Does no-one remember his performances in the back-end of last season? If he performs like that, then we'll be fine. He managed to have a good game against Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project, so I'm 100% confident he can do the same against Bolton, Aston Villa and Fulham.

Same here. The manager, players and the fans will have to be confident in his abilities until the end of the season as he's our only true left-back at the moment!

What I find ridiculous is people bashing him after one Premier League start this season. Does no-one remember his performances in the back-end of last season? If he performs like that, then we'll be fine. He managed to have a good game against Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project, so I'm 100% confident he can do the same against Bolton, Aston Villa and Fulham.

Looking through this thread i can't actually see more then one or two people bashing him.

Saying he's crap and he's not going to make it would be bashing him.

Saying he currently lacks the final ball and that is something he should work on is constructive criticism.

Did you see him play at the end of last season when he gave some commanding performances including a man of the match performance at Anfield?

I was at Anfield and i have seen all his games at LB and i just do not think he will make it, one because Naughton is better and two he is not a defender;

Good question

Back