• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Ings - Burnley's Number 10

wiziwig

Steed Malbranque
I think we should try to sign this 22 year old. His contract with Burnley expires this summer so now is the time to make our move.

[video=youtube;bldGyHxlW_0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bldGyHxlW_0[/video]

The video is Championship standard but nonetheless , for a team near the bottom of the premier league, he's doing more than decent.

Has a touch of the Robbie Keane about him - hard working , tenacious , has decent technical ability and knows how to find the back of the net .

I rate him as a buy for anything under £10m ...

I think we've covered this one already in alternative threads....

It is very unlikely that we could get him now.

Firstly Burnley are battling to stay up and Ings is one of their best players. The rewards for staying in the PL would dwarf the small transfer fee a team would pay to have him now.
Secondly even if the player sees out his contract and leaves in the Summer Burnley would not lose him on a free as he is under 24 and therefore the club would receive a tribuneral fee (I would guess that this would be set at approx £4 million).

Lastly if we were to start offering the sort of money that might make Burnley think about it (a transfer fee of say £12 million or so) then I think the player and his agent would reject the move as the £8 million difference in the transfer fee and tribuneral fee would add another £30k a week to his wage packet over a 5 year contract.

I agree that he is a good player however and probably worth trying to bring him in for the tribuneral fee in the Summer and releasing Soldado.

Apologies, I've not read those threads . Anyway you make some good points Finney .... I still think we should try to strike up a deal now, even if it's to have the player in our squad for next season. I think he's got a good career ahead of him .

Without Ings, Burnley are much more likely to be relegated. How much money they would lose would far outweigh any potential transfer fee they may receive. Making him pretty impossible to get this January.
But yes, I think he'd be a good signing. As mentioned, more likely thus summer

Would be happy if we signed him same for Charlie Austin and of course Benteke. Thing is with all three of them their clubs are in a relegation scrap as Finney mentioned surely they would think holding on to their best player and fighting to stay in the Prem is more valuable than the transfer fee they will get.

That being said of the 3 I think we have the best chance to get Ings. Burnley realistically is a long shot even with Ings to stay up and will get more of a fee now than in the summer so they may want to cash in but again unlikely.

Would be happy if we signed him same for Charlie Austin and of course Benteke. Thing is with all three of them their clubs are in a relegation scrap as Finney mentioned surely they would think holding on to their best player and fighting to stay in the Prem is more valuable than the transfer fee they will get.

That being said of the 3 I think we have the best chance to get Ings. Burnley realistically is a long shot even with Ings to stay up and will get more of a fee now than in the summer so they may want to cash in but again unlikely.
See above. They will get a tribuneral fee in the summer anyway (if he doesn't sign a new contract and leaves). Anything we offer above the estimated 'development fee' his agent would see as money that could go to his client (and of course him) instead of Burnley so I think he'd be likely to sit tight.

In terms of lining him up for the summer, we're not allowed to approach him until his contract finishes. Only overseas clubs can talk to players with 6 months or less remaining on their contracts. Although I would be dismayed if Ings' agent is not already talking to agents representing just about every PL club to see who might be interested this Summer and at what sort of weekly wage.

Couldn't we just loan them Ade? Contract season, point to prove AND out on loan, how could it go wrong?

I am sold on the YouTube video. If Burnley are expecting to go down then they may cash in. If the players really wants to come they may. If we can offer them options as loans elsewhere it may sweeten it.

Also some ITK called Storts has said we are very interested in him. This has made it less likely as they get Eff all right.

I like Ings and think he would develop well here, but I also really like Dyche/Burnley and hope they stay up. So I'm torn.

I like Ings. He's like a budget (but younger) Jay Rodriguez.

There's no way Burnley will let him go now though.

I can see us signing him in the summer. Though because he's U24, we'll end up paying about £5-6m 'development fee' compensation after a tribunal.

Don't really think he is what we need. I still think a more direct, pacey striker like Berahino is what we need.

Don't really think he is what we need. I still think a more direct, pacey striker like Berahino is what we need.

Ings is pacey and direct. He's also strong, incredibly hardworking and has good movement. Much more alround than Berahino.

He's a textbook Poch player - very similar to Jay Rodriguez, or even a young Robbie Keane

Out of contract in the summer.

Doesn't matter. Because he's under 24, we'd have to go to tribunal and pay compensation.

As that route has going to cost us £3.5m for Zeki Fryers (before we placed him in Belgium for a few months to circumvent that), Ings would likely cost a good £5-6m, even though out-of-contract.

Ings is pacey and direct. He's also strong, incredibly hardworking and has good movement. Much more alround than Berahino.

He's a textbook Poch player - very similar to Jay Rodriguez, or even a young Robbie Keane.

He may have abit of pace but he seems more of a poacher who relies on good service rather than creating something for himself like Berahino.

He's a textbook Poch player - very similar to Jay Rodriguez, or even a young Robbie Keane

Doesn't matter. Because he's under 24, we'd have to go to tribunal and pay compensation.

As that route has going to cost us £3.5m for Zeki Fryers (before we placed him in Belgium for a few months to circumvent that), Ings would likely cost a good £5-6m, even though out-of-contract.

Interesting that you say Ings is much more of an all round player than Berahino.... What is it that you think Ings has that Berahino doesn't? I would say Berahino is faster, stronger, has better touch and a better shot. I like Ings and would be more than happy for him to come to Spurs but I don't see him as being a starting number 9 or a player who would be good backup for Kane as our number 9. Remember that if Kane is out then we currently have to either resort to a mentally troubled, inconsistent Adebayor or a non goalscoring centre forward in Soldado.

He may have abit of pace but he seems more of a poacher who relies on good service rather than creating something for himself like Berahino.

Berahino is to selfish in my view Ings is more about the team, Ings would fit in here more than Berahino in my view, Who I just think is trouble and someone we should avoid.

Ings has 5 league goals this season and 3 assists, Berahino has 8 but 4 are Pens (not that they don't count) and no assists*

*reserves the right to be wrong....

Interesting that you say Ings is much more of an all round player than Berahino.... What is it that you think Ings has that Berahino doesn't? I would say Berahino is faster, stronger, has better touch and a better shot. I like Ings and would be more than happy for him to come to Spurs but I don't see him as being a starting number 9 or a player who would be good backup for Kane as our number 9. Remember that if Kane is out then we currently have to either resort to a mentally troubled, inconsistent Adebayor or a non goalscoring centre forward in Soldado.

Sorry I dont know how to multi quote

I think the main thing he has is work rate and team work, which for us is Key - I think Kane and Ings would work well together as both work hard, eager to improve and buy into the the team before individual belief that MoPo is installing.

Back