• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

How do you add value now?
Factually out value will have decreased due to the level of competition we’re currently in
And we have more debt now than ever before
An NFL franchise (or longer tie-in), becoming more established as the first (not the new) choice for music and other sporting events.

What the football team does is in the margins in terms of value.

An NFL franchise (or longer tie-in), becoming more established as the first (not the new) choice for music and other sporting events.

An nfl franchise is no where near to happening IMO
Fit it to even been discussed there would need to be an owner from the us willing to lose his franchise which is as rare as a fit and proper prem owner

The number of non football events is capped and I suspect make a max of £2m profit per event. I would’ve thought this is already factored into any valuation.

The value of the asset will increase once the huge debt we are carrying is paid off however. If Levy can work it so the club pays off a big chunk of the capital over the next (say) 10 years then every £ the club pays off effectively goes into his and Lewis’ pockets when they sell. It’s why I said yesterday that I’d go in quite large in terms of injecting equity if the value was reasonable as I expect the owners will look to pay down the loans.

The number of non football events is capped and I suspect make a max of £2m profit per event. I would’ve thought this is already factored into any valuation.

The value of the asset will increase once the huge debt we are carrying is paid off however. If Levy can work it so the club pays off a big chunk of the capital over the next (say) 10 years then every £ the club pays off effectively goes into his and Lewis’ pockets when they sell. It’s why I said yesterday that I’d go in quite large in terms of injecting equity if the value was reasonable as I expect the owners will look to pay down the loans.

So lets say thats 1 carling cup in 30 odd years while they cream their pants all the way to the bank ... leaving the levy and enic happy clappers in disarray

The

The loans are not going to be paid down. It makes zero sense.

Given the silly low interest rates they've locked into and inflation already running above that.

To pay the loans off with redirected yearly profits would likely have a detrimental effect on their product/business.

Plus it goes against Levy's claim that increased income streams will be directed towards team development now capital projects are out the way.

Last edited:
I don't mind the Jews or blacks though.

I appreciate your post was connected to John Terry’s racism and the anti-semitism of Chelsea fans, and your opposition to those views, and we’d all agree with that, without a doubt. But references to “the Jews” and “[the] blacks” as homogenous groups is a bit jarring, and a bit patronising, and, I don’t know, it just sounds wrong because it’s the way racist people speak by lumping groups of people together (“the xxxxx”). Sorry, I’m not being very clear and I’m not accusing you of racism in any way at all, but the way we use language has an impact and your wording just hit a nerve with me.

I appreciate your post was connected to John Terry’s racism and the anti-semitism of Chelsea fans, and your opposition to those views, and we’d all agree with that, without a doubt. But references to “the Jews” and “[the] blacks” as homogenous groups is a bit jarring, and a bit patronising, and, I don’t know, it just sounds wrong because it’s the way racist people speak by lumping groups of people together (“the xxxxx”). Sorry, I’m not being very clear and I’m not accusing you of racism in any way at all, but the way we use language has an impact and your wording just hit a nerve with me.
It does and your right to flag it
Come on @Danishfurniturelover, please rethink your words in this situation

Reactions: DTA

I totally agree with you actually and was trying to be humorous by writing like that. As you rightly said I was not be racist and I know you are not accusing me of it.

Despite what some on here might think due to my support of brexit. I am not racist and would actually proudly be more tolerable of every group except the Green Party, particularly in Brighton.

It is easy to group people together by one trait such as ethnicity. I guess it might be a little lazy on my part. Would it be most jarring because of the historical prejudice those groups have faced.

I don’t disagree. Call me a cynic, but I’m fairly confident most of us would get on board if some rich businessman with similarly questionable ethics and human rights beliefs were to buy Spurs tomorrow. It’s akin to the narrative that is spun when those of us highlight our lack trophies in the ENIC era, the response is often along the lines of are trophies the only reason you started following spurs or some who say trophies don’t matter unless it’s the PL or CL. I bet they would change their mind very quickly if we won a few FA or league cups in the next 10 years.

The average fan doesn't give a flying fudge.
There has been practically zero reaction to this on sunday by the same people who are complaining about the Saudis and their war crimes etc
The US Military pays the NFL to do these recruitment campaigns - https://the-cauldron.com/the-nfl-is-one-giant-military-recruitment-tool-ae28276185e4
Our club is now part of that

The average fan doesn't give a flying fudge.
There has been practically zero reaction to this on sunday by the same people who are complaining about the Saudis and their war crimes etc
The US Military pays the NFL to do these recruitment campaigns - https://the-cauldron.com/the-nfl-is-one-giant-military-recruitment-tool-ae28276185e4
Our club is now part of that

I’m not sure I understand the equivalence, but I may be missing something?

Back