• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

We will never be successful while ENIC are our owners, they don't care about winning trophies. People slate Abramovich, but in reality, he buys footballers, while Lewis buys paintings, I know which one I would like in charge of Spurs.

And who owns abramovich? Who told the oligarchs to get into football in the first place so that russia could get the world cup? Guess it doesn't matter if we win trophies.

And who owns abramovich? Who told the oligarchs to get into football in the first place so that russia could get the world cup? Guess it doesn't matter if we win trophies.

Putin I guess. Can we not get a Chinese owner and just turn a blind eye to what they do to Muslim's and Tibet. I mean we could get another league cup win in 10 years.

All that matters to our owners is taking the minimum personal financial risk to maximise their own net worth.... If not then why did we fail strengthen when we had lucked out on a manager who took us to the cusp of titles?
Why did we sack a manager who actually knows how to win Cups in the week before a Cup final?
Why did we then bring in a cheap, available manager instead of one who was known to actually be good?
Why is the only time we have ever pushed the boat out for signings been the time when we were in a spot of relegation bother under Harry Redknapp? (i.e. the owners shat themselves that the club they owned might become a Championship club).

All that matters to our owners is taking the minimum personal financial risk to maximise their own net worth.... If not then why did we fail strengthen when we had lucked out on a manager who took us to the cusp of titles?
Why did we sack a manager who actually knows how to win Cups in the week before a Cup final?
Why did we then bring in a cheap, available manager instead of one who was known to actually be good?
Why is the only time we have ever pushed the boat out for signings been the time when we were in a spot of relegation bother under Harry Redknapp? (i.e. the owners shat themselves that the club they owned might become a Championship club).

You will be spouting off next about how he has gone into the dressing room befor the semis and finals we have been in and told the manager and players that under no condition must we win a trophy.

As is said first time. walob

You will be spouting off next about how he has gone into the dressing room befor the semis and finals we have been in and told the manager and players that under no condition must we win a trophy.

As is said first time. walob
He doesn't need to do that... His actions speak far louder than words. Our owners (Lewis is just as much to blame as Levy) make it perfectly clear to the players that there is no real ambition for this football club to win trophies.

Sacking Mourinho to appoint Ryan Mason less than a week before the League Cup final last season showed us pretty much unequivocally this was the case.
Spending several months to eventually appoint Nuno Santo merely backs that up.

He doesn't need to do that... His actions speak far louder than words. Our owners (Lewis is just as much to blame as Levy) make it perfectly clear to the players that there is no real ambition for this football club to win trophies.

Sacking Mourinho to appoint Ryan Mason less than a week before the League Cup final last season showed us pretty much unequivocally this was the case.
Spending several months to eventually appoint Nuno Santo merely backs that up.

Your original post hinted/said that our owners had no desire to win things. (it does not matter), that was a load of gonad*s. Now you make think that they could do more but to say they/it does not mater is as i said.

WALOB.

Your original post hinted/said that our owners had no desire to win things. (it does not matter), that was a load of gonad*s. Now you make think that they could do more but to say they/it does not mater is as i said.

WALOB.
They don't. They evidence that they don't really have the desire to try to compete for trophies with most decisions that they make at the club.

Our owners have a HUGE desire to make as much money as possible for themselves and, to be fair to them, they are both absolutely brilliant at achieving that desire. I have to tip my hat to them there, they are clearly both fantastic business men.

Our owners may even end up making more money out of a football club than any other owner in the history of English football (other than perhaps the Glaziers, who might even be better at making money for themselves than Joe and Daniel, with their leveraged buyout of Man Utd costing them pretty much nothing at all).

WALOB.

Yeah I agree, of course they want to win stuff. But they also put a very firm focus on wanting to rake in money. They aren't mutually exclusive so it becomes a question of what emphasis you put on both goals.

There is a story persisting from the Jose sacking that Mourinho wanted to rest players against Southampton to have them raring to go in the League Cup final and Levy told him he had to play a strong team v Southampton because we still had a chance of CL. If that's true, then it says two things. Levy prioritises CL over cups to such a degree that he'd rather take a punt on a long shot at getting into CL rather than a pretty good chance at a trophy.

It also says he interferes in first team selections which is, for me, an absolute no-no for a chairman.

They don't. They evidence that they don't really have the desire to try to compete for trophies with most decisions that they make at the club.

Our owners have a HUGE desire to make as much money as possible for themselves and, to be fair to them, they are both absolutely brilliant at achieving that desire. I have to tip my hat to them there, they are clearly both fantastic business men.

Our owners may even end up making more money out of a football club than any other owner in the history of English football (other than perhaps the Glaziers, who might even be better at making money for themselves than Joe and Daniel, with their leveraged buyout of Man Utd costing them pretty much nothing at all).

We can go around the houses all day with this and get nowhere, you have a downer on Levy fair enough but i will ask you again do you believe that Levy went into the dressing room before all our semi and finals and told the players he does not want us to win anything. That is what you suggested in you earlier post, and no matter what you come back with ( some of it may make sense) that was a

WALOB.

Yeah I agree, of course they want to win stuff. But they also put a very firm focus on wanting to rake in money. They aren't mutually exclusive so it becomes a question of what emphasis you put on both goals.

There is a story persisting from the Jose sacking that Mourinho wanted to rest players against Southampton to have them raring to go in the League Cup final and Levy told him he had to play a strong team v Southampton because we still had a chance of CL. If that's true, then it says two things. Levy prioritises CL over cups to such a degree that he'd rather take a punt on a long shot at getting into CL rather than a pretty good chance at a trophy.

It also says he interferes in first team selections which is, for me, an absolute no-no for a chairman.

You make some good points and i do not really disagree about the financial bit but we all know that storys are either made up or exagerated so i never put a lot of faith in what i hear second, third of forth hand
as most of it is gonad*s.

Back