• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

They didn't need to do anymore than that though. They had a better attack than we did and a better defense (not even mentioning our abomination of a midfield at the time). They could play defensively as well as offensively, if we can manage that then maybe this system can work, as it is we have no versatility.
We had Sissoko and Winks in the centre of midfield.... they could've played any way they wanted and beaten us.

But more importantly they were just better (as evidenced by PL position/points that year and the one after and them beating us every game).
City were better than us league wise
We beat them
It’s cup football
We were not as well prepared for the game as they were
Klopp even made a big deal afterwards about it

Reactions: DTA
We beat them
It’s cup football
He would do as it makes him look better.... Personally I can't see how a half-arsed friendly has any real impact. I've watched enough friendlies over the years to see how they have no resemblance to real games (hence why young players tend to always look way better than they really are, as they put in 80% effort instead of 50% put in by the senior pros)

We beat them
It’s cup football
City were also better than Liverpool. As you say its Cup football, and we should have at the least shown passion an determination

He would do as it makes him look better.... Personally I can't see how a half-arsed friendly has any real impact. I've watched enough friendlies over the years to see how they have no resemblance to real games (hence why young players tend to always look way better than they really are, as they put in 80% effort instead of 50% put in by the senior pros)
But playing those games at the trmpature you play at helps
You was in Spain I think, same as me. It was 30 plus out there and we wilted

They we’re much better prepared than us for that final
Played games in the heat
Played against a team set up to play like us
And had familiarity with the pressure of that type of final

In all honesty i knew we were not going to win right after the SF, there was no way we were beating a Liverpool side, any Liverpool side. Not going to happen.
It was the worst team in the world we could have got, we meet Liverpool or Manchester utd in a cup and thats it.
We just don't have it in us.
Barcelona win that SF and we'd be CL winners.
But thats tottenham for you.

In all honesty i knew we were not going to win right after the SF, there was no way we were beating a Liverpool side, any Liverpool side. Not going to happen.
It was the worst team in the world we could have got, we meet Liverpool or Manchester utd in a cup and thats it.
Can’t agree more if I tried :(:(

I'm not sure we'd have beaten Barca to be honest.

But I agree with the rest of your post. I had no expectation at all that we'd beat Liverpool. None. I hoped, GHod I hoped. But deep down, I knew "we're Spurs and we just don't win these games". I can't explain it but it runs throughout the club not just the players and management.

I'm not sure we'd have beaten Barca to be honest.

But I agree with the rest of your post. I had no expectation at all that we'd beat Liverpool. None. I hoped, GHod I hoped. But deep down, I knew "we're Spurs and we just don't win these games". I can't explain it but it runs throughout the club not just the players and management.

Barca were a shadow of their great team, all the pressure would have been on them, but most importantly it wasn't Liverpool and I think we would have fancied our chances.
Also Barcelona wouldn't have sat back and stifled us like Liverpool did, much like city and ajax did they would have tried to play football, push on and win, giving us chances.

But playing those games at the trmpature you play at helps
You was in Spain I think, same as me. It was 30 plus out there and we wilted
Yes I was there. Had a great time until a couple of minutes into the game! ;)

I don't think we wilted because of the temperature. We went a goal behind to a bad penalty that wouldn't be awarded nowadays and then weren't good enough to get back into the game against a team who proved for that whole year before and after that they were significantly better than us. If anything I thought we probably shaded the game, but that's because Liverpool had a goal lead so needn't (and therefore didn't) really take any risks in pushing their full backs on.

City were also better than Liverpool. As you say its Cup football, and we should have at the least shown passion an determination
We did show those things. We probably shaded the game overall (though a lot of that was down to Liverpool having a goal lead and then not needed to commit players to attacks).

If he put the success of THFC above (or at least on par) with increasing his own personal wealth then I wouldn't bitch about him at all.
He has literally devoted his life to building foundations for Spurs to be successful. You make yourself sound stupid or naive or a WUM, which is only backed up by the people who give your posts likes.

Back