• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

It already is unacceptable. Its down to those that use and control social media to make the changes. All good posting on a relatively tiny forum about it and beating the drum with morals etc.

What are YOU doing about it? I'm off all social media personally as i don't agree with it.

For one, I challenge tossers who think this is 'cool' in person whenever the moment arises. Also, if ever these tossers pass my online vista (I rarely go to twitter) and post this brick, I report them. Again, rather than sit back and shrug, join people who agree it is unacceptable.

For one, I challenge tossers who think this is 'cool' in person whenever the moment arises. Also, if ever these tossers pass my online vista (I rarely go to twitter) and post this brick, I report them. Again, rather than sit back and shrug, join people who agree it is unacceptable.

Just don't think society is going change anytime soon just because you challenge individuals, perhaps do more to make a change? It's for the people who run these things to do more. Like I said social media will not get my time, a silent protest if you will. It's naive to think that people will change until the platforms tackle the problem from top-down, but even then there will be people with alternative views and ways of spouting with things that are not acceptable.

I'm no superhero, just a realist.

Look deeper than the surface mate. Simon Felstein has been an excellent PR for us for many years. I'll leave it there.

I'm not sure anyone agrees with you (even the club media mouthpieces don't think so), you think Spurs has had excellent PR? in the last 18 months?

Just don't think society is going change anytime soon just because you challenge individuals, perhaps do more to make a change? It's for the people who run these things to do more. Like I said social media will not get my time, a silent protest if you will. It's naive to think that people will change until the platforms tackle the problem from top-down, but even then there will be people with alternative views and ways of spouting with things that are not acceptable.

I'm no superhero, just a realist.

I, too, am a realist.
I work in media (not social).
It needs both approaches to help change occur.
I think it is somewhat lacking in fibre to sit there and suggest there is only one course of action. We have a responsibility to take charge where we can with situations we can. What you appear to be saying is that you don't believe anything you could do on a personal basis will help (save a 'silent protest' albeit I should point out this here forum can count as social media)...sounds a little too easy and convenient for me, but hey, whatever works for you.

I, too, am a realist.
I work in media (not social).
It needs both approaches to help change occur.
I think it is somewhat lacking in fibre to sit there and suggest there is only one course of action. We have a responsibility to take charge where we can with situations we can. What you appear to be saying is that you don't believe anything you could do on a personal basis will help (save a 'silent protest' albeit I should point out this here forum can count as social media)...sounds a little too easy and convenient for me, but hey, whatever works for you.

Well I think it lacks a little just to feel soo passionate about something and respond by simply "replying and reporting" on your personal account. Surely being in the media you could use your intelligence and influence to bigger and greater things no? Seems like not much effort, excuse me.

I do not think by not being on social media platforms globally I am influenced as much or affected enough to care as much as some who passionately post etc. I just disagree with abuse in general but understand that as long as the platforms exist in their current format you can almost guarantee and expect some vitriol comments, again not that I agree.

I grew up in probably different circumstances were racial, homophobic, bullying behavior were the norm and am very happy to see that things are improving in society after 40 years of in-your-face stuff. One step at a time.

You were Hitchen's chief executioner last month. Now its July, its Felstein. I bet the kit man is bricking himself for August.

Well, not like any of them have done a good job over the past two years. Hitchen, this Comms bloke, the higher ups...no one has come out of the past two years looking good. In a perfect world Levy would f*ck off to begin with, but he and his tax exile boss will be useless deadweights on this club until they decide to leave.

So, sack or demote the staff partly responsible and start over, I suppose.

How about we start making that sort of brick unacceptable instead of shrugging our shoulders and saying 'tis the way of the world'?! I am tired of 'accepting' this flimflam, we need to stand up against it.

Could not agree more mate, the only real way of stopping it though is what i suggested in another thread. Everytime one of these social media sites ( Facebook, T w atter etc) have a racist sexist etc post on their forum the goverment should fine them HEAVILY and i do not means a slap on the wrist with a few hundred pound fine i am talking thousands. Facebook and the like are full of brick and need to accept that they are to blame when macarons are making these posts.

I'm not sure anyone agrees with you (even the club media mouthpieces don't think so), you think Spurs has had excellent PR? in the last 18 months?
To be fair it has perhaps had better PR than it deserved....

*Edit.... Though giving a more balanced view the club has done some good things as well (our charity and community work is up there amongst the best of all clubs and the food bank, NHS and covid initiatives were commendable.

First of all, your penultimate line is pathetic. What a cop-out. FWIW I am 54. My father was a brown man. I saw plenty in my world.

As for your opening paragraph, try knowing a bit more about your subject before taking cheap swings. Whatever 'efforts' I am, or am not, making, it would appear that they're a lot more than your 'world weary wise owl on your arse tut-tutting at others' approach.

Again, I return to this line you wrote...

<<I grew up in probably different circumstances were racial, homophobic, bullying behavior were the norm and am very happy to see that things are improving in society after 40 years of in-your-face stuff. One step at a time>>

What a patronizing sentiment. And again, I'll take a guess that you are not much older than I am.

Haha you made me laugh mate ill give you that.

My penultimate line is pathetic? With that kind of response you could probably stay off social media for some time as I'm sure there is a lot more out there that would get under your sensitive skin.

I wouldnt assume that I am more knowledgeable about the topic than you, certainly not. Although your keyboard warrior opposition to the current plight on social media on personal and on this forum suggest that you will lead us to the chosen land.... perhaps not in this instance.

Your efforts should be commended, I will put your name forward for an MBE ... big deal you report and delete posts. Well done for picking up the baton, I'm sure there are hundreds of millions out there deleting their posts right this very minute.

Apologies for coming across patronising wasn't my intention. I look forward in seeing your fight against the platforms gain massive momentum in the near future. I applaud you from behind my computer.

All good, yeah, whatever fella blah blah blah but here's the thing.

Until you clearly read what people write, and get up off your arse and do something yourself, I won't be taking what you say on the matter with any degree of note or value, so whinge away and enjoy yourself.

Sorry I misread what your wrote ... so you were getting off your arse while reporting and deleting messages and making a real change?

I dont think I was even passionate enough to be the one whinging about it, you sound frustrated at the lack of your own action vs how passionate you want to come across... you will be my reference for future action if I ever want anything changed. Now about that keyboard ....

Sorry I misread what your wrote ... so you were getting off your arse while reporting and deleting messages and making a real change?

I dont think I was even passionate enough to be the one whinging about it, you sound frustrated at the lack of your own action vs how passionate you want to come across... you will be my reference for future action if I ever want anything changed. Now about that keyboard ....

Sigh. Wrong. Back to school. Read it AGAIN hero. You still haven't.

Have you ever stood up to anything in your life? Genuine question. I don't mean here, I mean in (say) a pub, or at a match? In the street? On a train? Anywhere? Ever stood up to a bully or racist or abuser? THAT is what I am talking about. Taking a personal, and physical, stand. Again, a GENUINE question, and if you don't want to answer seriously (maybe you have) then save us both the time and move one...

Sigh. Wrong. Back to school. Read it AGAIN hero. You still haven't.

Have you ever stood up to anything in your life? Genuine question. I don't mean here, I mean in (say) a pub, or at a match? In the street? On a train? Anywhere? Ever stood up to a bully or racist or abuser? THAT is what I am talking about. Taking a personal, and physical, stand. Again, a GENUINE question, and if you don't want to answer seriously (maybe you have) then save us both the time and move one...

So much for letting it go and not replying ... (I knew that you couldn't since you are so emotionally invested) I think you will find that YOU are the hero here. I mean if there is ever a problem that needs fixing you will type furiously and fix it.

Started off disingenuous but now has to state to be genuine? Think you should have a little self control, should have learned that earlier in life.

Pah anyway, we are going around in circles you crack on typing and reporting; genuinely wish you all the best in your campaign to change the world. Someone that wants to make a difference in the world I don't think your method is going to do much.

Change needs to be taken on a higher scale for what we all want to see.

But have I ever stood up for anything? Nah not me pal hah, not from behind a keyboard anyway ...

The irony of having to delete your own posts was brilliant on your behalf, hats off to you.

Last edited:
Anyway, back to the thread...I am hoping that Levy has finally found some stability with Paratici and NES in place. He was definitely wobbling for a while there, and it is clear he was not always receiving the best advice.

Here's hoping Paratici gets the chance to do his job properly, which in turn will mean NES is getting the chance to do his.

Back