• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I am begining to think you must be a agent for those you mentioned, the way you go on about how you believe they have any pull, importance to the club at all.

Mate, I and others can’t keep trying to explain to people how journalism works. At some point you just have to accept it, read up on it, or ask people in the real world how it works. Clearly you don’t trust what people are saying here.

To be clear, I am not saying Gold or KP have pull or influence *over* the club. I am saying the club will use them to further their own agenda. This might be a WhatsApp confirming or denying some element of a story. It can be as small as that, but it comes from the club.

The club will absolutely use them to get good news stories out there, shape perceptions, etc etc.

Mate, I and others can’t keep trying to explain to people how journalism works. At some point you just have to accept it, read up on it, or ask people in the real world how it works. Clearly you don’t trust what people are saying here.

To be clear, I am not saying Gold or KP have pull or influence *over* the club. I am saying the club will use them to further their own agenda. This might be a WhatsApp confirming or denying some element of a story. It can be as small as that, but it comes from the club.

The club will absolutely use them to get good news stories out there, shape perceptions, etc etc.

You do not need to explain anything to me mate ( thanks all the same), if as you say they will USE them why would they still do that after they have caused uproar and then made a joke of the club in their T weets. It seems to be that you are still ASSUMING rather then any actul evidence that the club trust them to put out good news T weets.

You do not need to explain anything to me mate ( thanks all the same), if as you say they will USE them why would they still do that after they have caused uproar and then made a joke of the club in their T weets. It seems to be that you are still ASSUMING rather then any actul evidence that the club trust them to put out good news T weets.

Not sure COVID exists as i've heard a lot about it in the news but no one has physically sat me down and presented empirical evidence under a microscope :rolleyes:

I would rather we took our time and go the right guy, then rush for the sake of fans and end up having to sack another manager in 18 months. If that means its cutting it close, being that this season will basically be transitional anyways then so be it.

As for the media, didn't the club recently already comment about a lot of manager names being mentioned that they know nothing about? Possibly the Levy Interview.

Don’t entirely disagree with the logic but the problem is our lack of a manager is causing a delay our recruitment process. We can’t sign or sell players because we don’t have a manager or know which players they want to keep around or who we need to identify and go and sign. For a club like us that takes its time signing players this is hardly an ideal situation to be in.

Don’t think many would disagree ENIC have done great things for us commercially and have improved the infrastructure immensely but it is stuff like this on the football side where they really let themselves and us down which is arguably the most important aspect, well it’s what we support the club for anyway. Even if they are not football people, you would think after running a football club for 20 years they would have got the hang of it and improved certain processes to make them slicker.

All done deals, we’re on our 5th permanent manager in a month, yep absolutely!

Well either we've been in touch with some of these managers and failed to secure any of them or we've been doing jack brick to secure a new manager for the past two months.

Either way it's not a good look.

I love the way you dismissed season journalists and fans reactions to their stories as nonsense.

Go on then lad if you know so much what's the real story? And what are your sources?

By the way don't let the fact that most of these managerial stories have been independently confirmed deflect you from your delusion.

Well either we've been in touch with some of these managers and failed to secure any of them or we've been doing jack brick to secure a new manager for the past two months.

Either way it's not a good look.

I love the way you dismissed season journalists and fans reactions to their stories as nonsense.

Go on then lad if you know so much what's the real story? And what are your sources?

By the way don't let the fact that most of these managerial stories have been independently confirmed deflect you from your delusion.
Ah we’ve got ourselves a hero! Well done lad!

I dont doubt we’ve spoken to 4 of those, it’s very different to a done deal though isn’t it? If you want to fall for it and then blame everyone when your hopes are dashed that’s up to you.

Afterall it would be the first time in the history of the world that a seasoned journalist got ahead of themselves wouldn’t it?

deary me!

Even before we hired this DOF, someone tell me Levy had a plan to replace mourinho ... or was this the grand plan all along? Sign a DOF a week ago and then get managers to have a chin wag with.

Ah we’ve got ourselves a hero! Well done lad!

I dont doubt we’ve spoken to 4 of those, it’s very different to a done deal though isn’t it? If you want to fall for it and then blame everyone when your hopes are dashed that’s up to you.

Afterall it would be the first time in the history of the world that a seasoned journalist got ahead of themselves wouldn’t it?

deary me!

Calm down dearie! Not trying to be a hero, apologies if I came across all aggressive but your rhetoric irritated me.

I don't believe anyone thought any of these managers was a done deal, we're all just tinkled off at the blatant lack of any coherent strategy in chasing after the managers and the clear evidence of insufficient ambition on the part of those pulling the strings.

Calm down dearie! Not trying to be a hero, apologies if I came across all aggressive but your rhetoric irritated me.

I don't believe anyone thought any of these managers was a done deal, we're all just tinkled off at the blatant lack of any coherent strategy in chasing after the managers and the clear evidence of insufficient ambition on the part of those pulling the strings.
On the one hand you provide a list of top quality managers that we've been closely linked with or reportedly "deal done" and state that it's ridiculous the stance that people don't believe the links. Then you turn around and state there's insufficient ambition, talk about contradicting yourself...

Its a rubbish post compering COVID to speculation on T w atter, sad that you can not see how uncaring/stupid that is. :(

Apologies, I did not mean to cause offence. To me I thought that post was parodying the mad mental gymnastics covid deniers go through the the mad mental gymnastics to some people will go through to excuse the fiasco of spurs hunt for a manager.

I don't think it was ever intended to belittle covid or people who have suffered from covid directly or indirectly (in terms of family members or friends).

It's obviously a emotive subject anyway so I apologise, there was certainly no intebt to offend and apologies for doing so.

On the one hand you provide a list of top quality managers that we've been closely linked with or reportedly "deal done" and state that it's ridiculous the stance that people don't believe the links. Then you turn around and state there's insufficient ambition, talk about contradicting yourself...
That's not what I stated at all don't put words in my mouth

Apologies, I did not mean to cause offence. To me I thought it was parodying the mad mental gymnastics covid deniers go through the the mad mental gymnastics to some people will go through to excuse the fiasco of spurs hunt for a manager.

I don't think it was ever intended to belittle covid or people who have suffered from covid directly or indirectly (in terms of family members or friends).

It's obviously a emotive subject anyway so I apologise, there was certainly no intebt to offend and apologies for doing so.

Fair enough mate. No problems.

Apologies, I did not mean to cause offence. To me I thought that post was parodying the mad mental gymnastics covid deniers go through the the mad mental gymnastics to some people will go through to excuse the fiasco of spurs hunt for a manager.

Glad someone got the grasp of my joke.

for the record, i've lost 3 members of my extended family from COVID (you'll see my wife lost her auntie earlier in the year on the COVID thread in Random) for example.

My point is, if respected journalists are reporting these meetings as happening, such as David Ornstein who is widely accepted in the field as one of the top football journalists with actual sources at club, i'm inclined to believe him over Spurs fans on a forum defending Levy.

It's exactly what you've stated.
OK let me count the ways you are wrong. Firstly you state
'On the one hand you provide a list of top quality managers that we've been closely linked with or reportedly "deal done"f. [/QUOTE ]

Wrong I didn't provide any list, I quoted another poster. 2ndly neither I or the other poster made up thos list it has come from multiple respected journalists entirely independently of one another.

'and state that it's ridiculous the stance that people don't believe the links.
Wrong again what I said was that ultimately was ludicrous people would rubbish these stories from respected journalists wheb they have absolutely no evidence to back up their own head in the sand theories.

'Then you turn around and state there's insufficient ambition, talk about contradicting yourself.

Once again this is simply wrong. I stated that people like you claim people are "wetting the bed" about done deals that don't materialise, when the actual truth is that we're legitimately tinkled off about the absolutely cackhanded way the managerial search has been conducted with no evidence of any strategy or professional business plan.

Back