• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I think partly it’s because you get certain pro ENIC posters telling others who disagree with them to go and support another club and we can’t possibly do better than Levy. I get this is not the norm and most posters here are more respectful and reasonable, but at the same time it tends to be the more vocal critics of ENIC who push back against this type of reaction and not so much the pro ENIC posters. I guess I am just more sympathetic to people who are willing to engage and debate rather than be shouted down.
There's the other side of that too, the anti-Levy (ENIC) phalanx that insert abuse, sometimes crude, of Levy, even in topics that have nothing to do with him, whenever they can without any constructive points. That very quickly gets boring and is going to cause a reaction. On the whole it is a very small minority on both sides and the debate has been mostly really good.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/57077965
member representation at the spurs board? lol they are mocking the fans.
whats the role of the corp comms person anyway?

What did you expect? you make an appeasement request, you get an appeasement answer

Said it elsewhere, truly amusing that people on the trust and this board that think Levy is stupid, doesn't know what he's doing (vs. disagreeing with his approach)

If supporters truly wanted to have representation they would in my opinion to bring a minimum homework to the table

- What supporters are they representing? season ticket holders, UK, overseas, randoms?
- What areas of improvement do they see for the club, and how are they going to bring legitimate value to that conversation
- A real statement on is the role of representation, is it to ensure the best for club or best for supporter (e.g. success vs. ticket prices)
- Are these fans going to invest (any money), said it elsewhere is any fan group willing to put money up?
- Are any of these supporter groups going to drive club growth (e.g. work with social media, global supporters groups, etc) or is this passive participation

In the end, shouting "I need to be hear" has been answered, fans will have a seat at an irrelevant meeting so they can posture.

What did you expect? you make an appeasement request, you get an appeasement answer

Said it elsewhere, truly amusing that people on the trust and this board that think Levy is stupid, doesn't know what he's doing (vs. disagreeing with his approach)

If supporters truly wanted to have representation they would in my opinion to bring a minimum homework to the table

- What supporters are they representing? season ticket holders, UK, overseas, randoms?
- What areas of improvement do they see for the club, and how are they going to bring legitimate value to that conversation
- A real statement on is the role of representation, is it to ensure the best for club or best for supporter (e.g. success vs. ticket prices)
- Are these fans going to invest (any money), said it elsewhere is any fan group willing to put money up?
- Are any of these supporter groups going to drive club growth (e.g. work with social media, global supporters groups, etc) or is this passive participation

In the end, shouting "I need to be hear" has been answered, fans will have a seat at an irrelevant meeting so they can posture.

They've done what they did - put up a formal statement. Or go with their usual social media outlets and mouthpieces ... The Trust will pick this up in their next meeting anyway and there will be a time to employ the usual channels. Everything will blow away once we win the next match.

This is the PR Team justifying their pay by putting in useless mechanisms that do nothing more than lip service, and top management believing that publicized representation is the club caring for the fans.

To me, another symptom of the rotting bureaucracy that plagues the club.

Because their owner cares about them, mate. Simple as that. They want to be the best they can be, on and off the field.

Our owners want to use us as a vehicle to buy up property in Haringey and hold NFL games. And credit to them, people will defend them for that, so why would they change?

People say 'be careful what you wish for' when it comes to new ownership ,and that's definitely true. But at least new owners would allow us to dream - dream of being like Leicester.

ENIC will continue sucking the ambition out of this club, and we will always have a glass ceiling with them around. Always. Managers will come and go, DoFs will come and go, but Levy will remain, micromanaging and penny-pinching until we fail at the death like we always have. And Joe Lewis will take his billions stolen from the British economy and sit in the Bahamas, not giving a sh*te about us.

They're what stops us from being Leicester, having that culture of excellence and wanting to win trophies and be the best. Always have been, always will be.

So Leicester win a league and a cup and Levy can't even get us a league cup in the last 10 years.

I saw a really good Tweet on this subject, a response to Kasper’s interview saying ‘look at what happens when owners don’t just treat the club like a business, but as a passion project’.

A Spurs fan said this is exactly their point with Levy and ENIC, and I very much agree. Accepting I don’t want us to do a Leeds, I think there’s a middle ground where we can take more of a risk and do what Leicester do. The replies basically said they’ve had some down swings, misfires like Puel and Shakespeare. Yes, all fine. But they are willing to take a little more risk, and as a result, they’ve slid down the table more than us at times, but they’ve won things. They’re smart with their recruitment, and they’ve had a great few years.

This is all I think anyone is saying; there’s a definite benefit to ENIC’s philosophy, the stability it grants us. But seeing Leicester celebrating this, I want some of that. And now we have the stadium, that isn’t unreasonable.

Because their owner cares about them, mate. Simple as that. They want to be the best they can be, on and off the field.

Our owners want to use us as a vehicle to buy up property in Haringey and hold NFL games. And credit to them, people will defend them for that, so why would they change?

People say 'be careful what you wish for' when it comes to new ownership ,and that's definitely true. But at least new owners would allow us to dream - dream of being like Leicester.

ENIC will continue sucking the ambition out of this club, and we will always have a glass ceiling with them around. Always. Managers will come and go, DoFs will come and go, but Levy will remain, micromanaging and penny-pinching until we fail at the death like we always have. And Joe Lewis will take his billions stolen from the British economy and sit in the Bahamas, not giving a sh*te about us.

They're what stops us from being Leicester, having that culture of excellence and wanting to win trophies and be the best. Always have been, always will be.

I have had a membership with tottenham for 40 consecutive years, when I was younger it was a season ticket. Now just membership, if I could get on the santander mobile banking I would cancel my direct debit, nearly did after paying for premium membership but not getting ticket for the ajax semi.

I saw a really good Tweet on this subject, a response to Kasper’s interview saying ‘look at what happens when owners don’t just treat the club like a business, but as a passion project’.

A Spurs fan said this is exactly their point with Levy and ENIC, and I very much agree. Accepting I don’t want us to do a Leeds, I think there’s a middle ground where we can take more of a risk and do what Leicester do. The replies basically said they’ve had some down swings, misfires like Puel and Shakespeare. Yes, all fine. But they are willing to take a little more risk, and as a result, they’ve slid down the table more than us at times, but they’ve won things. They’re smart with their recruitment, and they’ve had a great few years.

This is all I think anyone is saying; there’s a definite benefit to ENIC’s philosophy, the stability it grants us. But seeing Leicester celebrating this, I want some of that. And now we have the stadium, that isn’t unreasonable.

It is not unreasonable just unrealistic. It is about growing the assest not the team that counts.

The most interesting thing about that amazon documentary was that the chairman had an office at the training ground and gave pep talks to players. That troubled me.

It is not unreasonable just unrealistic. It is about growing the assest not the team that counts.

The most interesting thing about that amazon documentary was that the chairman had an office at the training ground and gave pep talks to players. That troubled me.

Agreed. If Levy wanted us to be as successful as possible, he would have really backed the managers when push came to shove. Get Moutinho for AVB. Get Jose a proven CB. Get Poch anyone. I think it all comes back to needing to satisfy a relatively conservative financial plan that doesn’t let us slip too far, but doesn’t allow us to consistently push on. Until that really changes, I’m not convinced the fortunes of the club change too much. Maybe the increased spending power from the stadium allows us to pay wages and keep good players longer. But if the relative power compared to our rivals stays the same, maybe it won’t.

I have had a membership with tottenham for 40 consecutive years, when I was younger it was a season ticket. Now just membership, if I could get on the santander mobile banking I would cancel my direct debit, nearly did after paying for premium membership but not getting ticket for the ajax semi.

Sorry to hear it, mate. Club always needs fans like you - if you're getting tired of it, it's not a good sign for THFC.

Leicester have just bought and sold consistently well over a period of say 5+ years and have a decent manager.

Its not some black magic and doesnt need to cost a £bn.

When was the last time we signed a little known player who ended up being a first choice player like Vardy, Ndidi etc or even just got a Tielemans etc for a decent price?

Leicester have just bought and sold consistently well over a period of say 5+ years and have a decent manager.

When was the last time we signed a little known player who ended up being a first choice player like Vardy, Ndidi etc or even just got a Tielemans etc for a decent price?
Sold really well
Brought well
But the key was selling their best players on paper for silly money to Chelsea

Holiberg is decent but your point remains.

Tielemans was £40m wasnt he?

Back