• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

There's been chatter for the last 20 years, I just find it boring. Of course eventually they'll sell and it'll be "I told you so"

I don't know how to use the like button. Probably from the same fans who said Levy would never build us a new stadium, he would get the planning permission and then sell.

Levy has raised the profile of the club just for this moment.

He saw it coming long term with the stadium.

But he definitely saw it coming in the last two years.

The decisions he has made only make sense if you think that Levy knew.

Appointing the highest profile manager in football. Doing an Amazon documentary. Delaying getting a stadium naming rights sponsor. Bringing Gareth Bale back. All terrible decisions but make sense in light of today.

Was thinking the same. They'll need to pause their plans whilst this shakes out. There is no way they could go ahead with £500m spending when the value of PL right might fall considerably
All depends on how they were financing it
They were getting a loan off the council, but the mayor is going to prison for bribery and corruption (it was him who agreed the loan)
Now Usmanov may need to step in and go public with his money to fund it

Levy has raised the profile of the club just for this moment.

He saw it coming long term with the stadium.

But he definitely saw it coming in the last two years.

The decisions he has made only make sense if you think that Levy knew.

Appointing the highest profile manager in football. Doing an Amazon documentary. Delaying getting a stadium naming rights sponsor. Bringing Gareth Bale back. All terrible decisions but make sense in light of today.

I don't think any of those decisions mentioned will have had an impact on our involvement

With the ESL, Levy has shown once and for all he does have the best interests of the club at heart. As much as I dislike what is happening, we are far better off - financially - being in than not. Having the best interests of football at heart is a different matter. But then I suppose that's not his job.
I feel hugely conflicted by the whole thing.

You are assuming that the ESL happens regardless of the reactions and fallout from yesterday. I hope and believe that to not be the case.

It seems pretty solid - the money being talked about is from world wide tv audiences and sponsorships, id be surprised if there's a level of fallout from disgruntled match going fans that will scratch that tbh

With the ESL, Levy has shown once and for all he does have the best interests of the club at heart. As much as I dislike what is happening, we are far better off - financially - being in than not. Having the best interests of football at heart is a different matter. But then I suppose that's not his job.
I feel hugely conflicted by the whole thing.
Exactly how I feel. I hate the whole idea. On the moral side I want us to stay out of it, but being pragmatic, if it's going to happen we need to be in it from a financial perspective.

the timing is weird, I mean Levy has obviously been busy with other things, we have a game in 2 days, the caretaker is seemingly the first guy he ran into this morning

surely this wasn't planned

I don't believe Daniel has sacked a manager before without having a solid back-up plan, aka a manager who is confirmed within 24 hours or a clear shortlist from which he will then pick someone - usually when that preferred candidate is still in a job somewhere. Don't know if that's the case now as well, but he has witnessed the decline of spirit and results for a few weeks now. Let's not underestimate him. Courageous, too, to sack the manager he had been waiting for for so long. Regardless of the Super League disaster, I'll back him all the way.

Back