• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Their CBs are settled we have chopped and changed . RB maybe.

As for CM I’d take Rice over PEH all day long. Soucek is decent but Ndombele is a better player when he pulls his finger out.
They have changed their CBS a lot
They have had injuries too
They just haven’t shown it
The Czech lad at right back is quality IMO

There was a point where I thought he could have pulled the trigger in Feb too, post the West Ham defeat but as we’d played Liverpool Chelsea and City recently we had a decent run of fixtures. That run against Burnley, Fulham and Palace where we started Bale kept us in touch with 4th sandwiches between Europa progression and a 2-0 first leg win gave cause for optimism in the run in. Before them the signs were there but the cup runs, mostly against minnows papered over the cracks.

Since then we’ve collapsed against Goons, choked the Europa and blown leads in games we needed to win to stay in touch with 4th. You’d have to to back to November for the last time we won a game we weren’t favourites for and it’s not like we comfortably despatched the teams with inferior resources that we expect to beat. I can only think Levy is now hoping for a everyone to rouse themselves for a shock upset in the final and there is a financial benefit to letting him see out the season.

Agree with that. I'm assuming that the rumours of their being a financial benefits to letting him see the season out are true

Agree with that. I'm assuming that the rumours of their being a financial benefits to letting him see the season out are true

Yep bang on. Levy won't pay more then he has to.

Would have been quite fun in a way if the fans were in the ground because they would have gone crazy.

I think we will finish 10th personally.

They have changed their CBS a lot
They have had injuries too
They just haven’t shown it
The Czech lad at right back is quality IMO
The RB is a decent defender , something ours forget to do. If they have a better squad then it’s a failure of our board to provide the quality needed. That’s on Mr Levy.
Still think we would comfortably be above them even with a caretaker manager.

Levy keeping Mourinho as manager for another hour, let alone week or month, is so fudging irresponsible. Makes my blood boil. Act now for fudges sake.

Levy keeping Mourinho as manager for another hour, let alone week or month, is so fudging irresponsible. Makes my blood boil. Act now for fudges sake.

It could well be that Mourinho's deal is something like £10m basic, plus £2m for CL qualification, £1m for PL title, £1m for El qualification, £1m per domestic cup or something like that. In which case sacking him now would cost £2m more than sacking him in 5 weeks' time. Setting aside precision on numbers, it seems that that is the balance which Levy would be weighing up

It could well be that Mourinho's deal is something like £10m basic, plus £2m for CL qualification, £1m for PL title, £1m for El qualification, £1m per domestic cup or something like that. In which case sacking him now would cost £2m more than sacking him in 5 weeks' time. Setting aside precision on numbers, it seems that that is the balance which Levy would be weighing up
Let’s hope so. I suspect though that we have to pay up his (very large) contract and that’s why he is still here. Time will tell I guess, though even if and when we sack this summer it wouldn’t surprise me for the terms to be withheld to allow us to save face.

Let’s hope so. I suspect though that we have to pay up his (very large) contract and that’s why he is still here. Time will tell I guess, though even if and when we sack this summer it wouldn’t surprise me for the terms to be withheld to allow us to save face.

Terms will almost certainty be withheld and we'd sign a mutual agreement not to bad mouth each other.

If (when) we lose next Sunday, it would be telling if he's then fired. Assuming Jose has a silverware related bonus, his pay-off would drop a bit next Sunday evening

Terms will almost certainty be withheld and we'd sign a mutual agreement not to bad mouth each other.

If (when) we lose next Sunday, it would be telling if he's then fired. Assuming Jose has a silverware related bonus, his pay-off would drop a bit next Sunday evening
I suspect his contract is indeed loaded with bonuses. I doubt the one associated with the Carabao Cup is sizeable however (if one exists for that competition at all).

fudge's sake. So close, so close to actual freedom and a hope of doing more than making up the numbers. :(

I suspect that the main reason they rejected it is that the bid was below what they are looking for. The club is valued at £2.5bn, it will be worth more with an NFL franchise at WHL and us in a European Super League. I think that they will be seeking a fee closer to what we would be worth with the latter tied up.

fudge's sake. So close, so close to actual freedom and a hope of doing more than making up the numbers. :(

You need to be careful what you wish for! New owners can go both ways

At the end of the day, might fall into one of 3 buckets:
1 a fan who had made his fortunes
2 a finance/business person
3 an oligarch/sheikh

1 is less likely nowadays given the value of clubs, whilst 3 has its pros and cons. 2 is the most likely....and ENIC are in this bucket. Whoever a new owner might be, their aim would be to maximise the value of their investment, just as ENIC wish to do. Therefore given their goal is the same as ENIC, I'd suggest that a lot of their broad decisions might be similar

You need to be careful what you wish for! New owners can go both ways

At the end of the day, might fall into one of 3 buckets:
1 a fan who had made his fortunes
2 a finance/business person
3 an oligarch/sheikh

1 is less likely nowadays given the value of clubs, whilst 3 has its pros and cons. 2 is the most likely....and ENIC are in this bucket. Whoever a new owner might be, their aim would be to maximise the value of their investment, just as ENIC wish to do. Therefore given their goal is the same as ENIC, I'd suggest that a lot of their broad decisions might be similar
You make it sound like a no lose gamble.

Back