• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

But they haven’t got better or worst
Before or after him
I mean they spend the third most and end up third ish
I do agree trying different leagues is a good thing
They hardly spend much on players. They buy cheap players that turn out to work, or sell them for profit.

Last edited:
Just the small matter of a stadium build to contend with during that period...

I'm down on him as I've ever been over the handling of Poch and the hiring of Mourinho but let's see what we achieve over a period when we aren't being hamstrung financially by a stadium build - so far we're spending at a competitive rate since the final build costs were known, let's see where we get to now that's where we are operating.

I think that's fair

Stadium revenues could have been an respectable 80% of the new build with a less expensive re-build of the Lane.

Either way, Levy has been dilly and dallying even when within budget for a player to push us on.
The real issue is that Levy (who the documentary plainly revealed as having no more football knowledge than the average fan) is still making football decisions and having an input into the clubs transfers.

He should step away and concentrate on getting sponsors etc. It's obvious he enjoys the football side of it (sitting with Mourinho and the rest). But he's to let all that go.

He should have no say in the appointment of the next manager. He was fooled by AVB's powerpoint. He appointed Tim Sherwood. He believed Mourinho's changed man nonsense.

Picking the manager is the starting point of everything at the club.
There's no point in having a world class stadium, world class training facilities and some world class players when you have a non expert picking the manager.

When Levy first arrived there was an article which stated this. He wanted someone with a better footballing knowledge to do the football and he did the business side. Sadly, for whatever reason, that was not taken up and once again we are a mess from top to bottom with our best players looking like they will leave.

I put my hands up and admit I was wrong about Jose but I was right about Levy, he is the main reason for these downfalls as he fails to back the manager. It is so ridiculous that he moves mountains to get the manager but then doesn't do the same to get the players the manager wants.

Regardless as to new stadium or not, not signing a single player in 2018/19 was a disgrace.

Klopp here admitting that without Liverpool's analytics department he never would have been hired in the first place
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/22/magazine/soccer-data-liverpool.html
A very good read, that!

Most disturbing in that article?
"For four years, from 2008 to 2012, Graham advised Tottenham. The club was run by a series of managers who had little interest in his suggestions"

Once more, fate throws a dungbomb at us. We had gold, didn't know what it was, and threw it away.
A fitting epitaph to the club. "Here lies Spurs, a club so desperate for success it went out of its way to ensure it never achieved any"

Yes, get rid of the chairman that has got us to the point that we can compete. His work has meant we now have closed the gap significantly on income.
This had put us in a position were he was loosening the purse strings and we've had a couple of good transfer windows (yes more needs to be done still).
Levy’s biggest trick with many on here is that he wasn’t Sugar. He fooled you into thinking that Sugar had us where we should be.

Last edited:
Even this summer, though. I despise Mourinho's tenure here, but he asked for Milan Skriniar to overhaul an atrocious backline and got...Joe Rodon on deadline day.

He still runs the the club like it's his pound store on the corner and shaving every nickel out of every deal is the one and only priority. He's loosened up a tiny bit since the stadium opened up, but penny wise, pound-foolish still applies. Doesn't work when you want to win things. Never has, never ever will.
Not just deadline day either.... but second deadline day for lower league players!

Levy’s biggest trick with many on here is that he wasn’t Sugar. He fooled you into thinking that Sugar has us where we should be.
Or maybe there's a lot on here that don't realise the damage that Scholar and Sugar did to the club that had to be fixed to get us back to where we are now.
Let's be honest, a good chunk that are complaining about Levy just want a sugar daddy and won't be happy with anything less.

Yes but that all comes back to the lack of funding due to the stadium build - could and should have been handled better, but maintaining a high level with no money to spend is always going to see a higher liklihood of regression than progression.
Why is it though that levy gets a free pass (and better than that actually a £3m bonus) for the stadium going £400m over budget? Isn’t it actually this that has been the single biggest issue in terms of the decline of our team?

We have a new guy for sponsors
An American chap who got a lot of stadium naming rights deals done in the us
At present we’re down what?.... £45 million or so on that front? (assuming we could’ve taken a sensible and fair (yet still huge) £15m a season deal for the new stadium instead of the £25m a season that it is rumoured Levy was demanding. We could’ve covered over 10% of Levy’s stadium overspend already. We also no longer go into negotiations as a CL club. I think Daniel’s negotiating on the stadium has hurt us quite considerably financially, it wouldn’t surprise me if the deal we end up doing is for less money than we could’ve achieved 2 or 3 years back.

Put another way that £45 million would’ve been enough to purchase The CB that our manager wanted, maybe that CB would’ve been no better than our existing ones anyway or maybe armed with him we might’ve avoided dropping some of those 20 points we’ve thrown away from winning positions and be right in the top 4?

We may well end up doing a £20m a season 10 year deal and people will laud Levy for doing a great job, ignoring the fact that the 3 or 4 years of no deal makes it anything but.

Last edited:
Yes but that all comes back to the lack of funding due to the stadium build - could and should have been handled better, but maintaining a high level with no money to spend is always going to see a higher liklihood of regression than progression.
That lack of funding is by choice. ENIC's choice. Let's not pretend it's anything but that.

Our income has grown as the Premier League has grown, our commercial income shows this. The part that Levy can actually have an impact on.

@DubaiSpur is speaking the truth it will just take some time before everyone comes around to realising it.

Or maybe there's a lot on here that don't realise the damage that Scholar and Sugar did to the club that had to be fixed to get us back to where we are now.
Let's be honest, a good chunk that are complaining about Levy just want a sugar daddy and won't be happy with anything less.
I think at the end of Sugar’s tenure we had the 5th highest income in England.... right where we are now.

I think at the end of Sugar’s tenure we had the 5th highest income in England.... right where we are now.
Levy is the problem, always has been and always will be but his fans just refuse to see it. [emoji52]

The best move we could do in the summer over and above moving Mourinho on would be to give Levy a non exec seat on the board and get a different more useful chairman in.

I will now put on my flame suit.

Why is it though that levy gets a free pass (and better than that actually a £3m bonus) for the stadium going £400m over budget? Isn’t it actually this that has been the single biggest issue in terms of the decline of our team?

You think Daniel Levy is solely responsible for a 400m over spend on the stadium? You don't have anywhere near the required knowledge or information to be making those sorts of claims mate - there's armchair/fag packet accounting and then there's a layman trying to make sense and apportion blame for the costs of a major construction project of world leading stadium.

Levy is the problem, always has been and always will be but his fans just refuse to see it. [emoji52]

The best move we could do in the summer over and above moving Mourinho on would be to give Levy a non exec seat on the board and get a different more useful chairman in.

Show me a club that has broken the top 4 and consistently performed at that level despite not having the financials that the OG top 4 clubs and oligarch clubs have? You won't find one because we're the only ones to do that, people say Levy is a problem as though there's evidence that we have not been over achieving this past decade+

Show me a club that has broken the top 4 and consistently performed at that level despite not having the financials that the OG top 4 clubs and oligarch clubs have? You won't find one because we're the only ones to do that, people say Levy is a problem as though there's evidence that we have not been over achieving this past decade+

Show me a club that has broken the top 4 and consistently performed at that level despite not having the financials that the OG big clubs and oligarchs have? You won't find one because we're the only ones to do that, people say Levy is a problem as though there's evidence that we have not been over achieving this past decade+

We have the financials we choose not to go down that path which is fine but please don't then plead poverty.

Leicester have won the league in a 3rd of the time Levy has been in charge so sorry I'm not that impressed.

We don't spend what the other clubs do but that is by choice, our own choice. If ENIC. And Levy actually wanted success they would have long ago modified their approach. Ok so fine we are especially prudent cool I accept that. My issue is with Levy being entirely unsuited to the role of football administrator that he takes. Read @DubaiSpur and @Modric THFC previous posts as they articulate very well my exact thoughts regarding Levy and it's pointless just repeating what has already been said so eloquently.

We have the financials we choose not to go down that path which is fine but please don't then plead poverty.

Leicester have won the league in a 3rd of the time Levy has been in charge so sorry I'm not that impressed.

We don't spend what the other clubs do but that is by choice, our own choice. If ENIC. And Levy actually wanted success they would have long ago modified their approach. Ok so fine we are especially prudent cool I accept that. My issue is with Levy being entirely unsuited to the role of football administrator that he takes. Read @DubaiSpur and @Modric THFC previous posts as they articulate very well my exact thoughts regarding Levy and it's pointless just repeating what has already been said so eloquently.

We spend what we generate as a club - I'm happy with that - it's how the other clubs operate it's how you evaluate your standing. You can spend your time wishing we were run like City or how Chelsea used to be but the liklihood of that being how a new owner operates are slim to none.

Leicester a 5000/1 shot coming in proves nothing - it's an aberration. Let's see where they are and where we are in 5 years

Last edited:
In 2006 (the earliest I could find quickly) we had the 6th highest income in England (Saudi Sportswashing Machine in there instead of City). At that point, we had less than 1/2 the income of Utd.
We were also a mid-table team, rarely qualifying for Europe let alone the CL.

In 2020 we had the 4th highest income, with the gap to Liverpool quickly closing, 5/7ths the income of Utd, and only the dodgy sponsorship deals of City keeping us from already being third. We're also now regulars in the CL and at the very least qualify for Europe.

The only way we could've closed that gap quicker is with a sugar daddy and no other club has done what Levy has with us.

that may be right but as I’ve have to highlight plenty... levy isn’t an employee, he is part owner. He owns roughly 30% of the club
Hence why he is actively involved, as it’s his money he is playing with

Back