1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Howard Webb, 8 Feb 2012.

1. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

Poch got the best out of our players for a while for sure so he could motivate, sadly he had lost that at the end and i guess we will never really know why. But its obvious that the same players who downed tools at the end of Poch are doing it again for another manager, we need to get those players out and get some in who are willing to put more effort into their games then we have at the moment.

2. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Jonathan Woodgate

SteveAWOL likes this.
  3. fernadez

fernadez Neil Ruddock

I expect(ed) Jose to win something, I saw the end coming for Poch the Watford game after we beat United away.

Looking back on the last few years, that's two managers, two different styles, ethos, mentalities etc and the end result has been the same. Sure the highs were higher with Poch due to a combination of reasons but the last year if his tenure and this period of Jose's are scarily similar. I understand what Levy was gambling on, that it wasn't the players but the manager had run he's race and that maybe someone else could squeeze a bit more out of them, but now he has to face up to the clubs failings. Rose still getting paid, back up players under Poch's era are still at the club and in some case starters. Players not shipped out when they should have been etc etc. Are scouting and recruitment has been failing for a while. Grealish, Maddison, Watkins, Aarons, Fernandes off the top of my head are players we could have signed if we wanted to and didn't, I'm sure there are others. We've either signed inferior options or kept inferior options.

Will changing the manager help? Probably in the short term, but the club needs to be structured to compete rather than to make money, that stage of our evolution is done now. Even the Dildo Brothers have decided to get out of the managers way and let him do his job. Start getting in some football people into these senior positions and let them work with the manager (whoever that is) and start moving forward.

4. AdamB

AdamB Barry Daines

The way which you describe Poch's ending is quite accurate IMO and is what differentiates his ending and the end of Jose, assuming we're approaching his final days.

Both end periods obviously had a lot of poor results - thats what ends most managers. The thing about Poch's demise, which is a shame, is that he had a lot of credit in the bank for the man who he is, the values he held, the way players liked him, the way fans liked him, the football he played - many many reasons. That's very different to where Jose is.

Had it not been for the above 'shell of a human' type comment which you mention above, Poch should have been able to see through the poor period in order to get through to the other side...and would have been allowed that time (I hope) because of the credit and goodwill which I mention

MKSpur likes this.
  5. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Paul Robinson

In Redknapp’s final year Spurs finished 4th. In Pochettino’s final (full) year we finished 4th and got to the CL final.

thfcsteff and billyiddo like this.
  6. Bishop

Bishop Mido

Harry didn't really crumble he just took his eye of the ball due to the England position. As soon as he lost out on that job he started winning again.

He was sacked because Levy disliked his disloyalty not because he was unsuccessful.

7. billyiddo

billyiddo Steve Sedgley Staff Member

8. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Dean Richards

Saw that and was quite surprised how low down we are on that particular chart. I would have said we are without doubt well run.

However, I think my definition of well run probably differs from a lot of fans who hold Levy and Enic primarily responsible for the lack of trophies.

Kandi1977 and Gazza Dazzla like this.
  9. billyiddo

billyiddo Steve Sedgley Staff Member

I wouldn't say i was surprised - the anti ENIC sentiment has been back on the rise the past couple of years.

10. MKSpur

MKSpur John Lacy

Looking at the table it seems more of a general satisfaction with how your team is performing against expectations. West Ham a little outlier due to the emotional impact of the stadium move despite the fact they have had players a managers of a higher profile and now are getting good results

11. Baleforce

Baleforce Paul Miller

fair play to @DubaiSpur he must have voted loads of times to pull that average down

:p

;)

DubaiSpur and DubSpur like this.
  12. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

I think that is spot on, we are well run but a lot of the Levy haters will never admit it.

DTA, DeanoAustin and afsoc4life like this.
  13. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Ralph Coates

That’s the key
    I hear that they should just fudge off
    Or levy should be sacked
    With no comprehension that we’re talking about owners here, not football managers

Last edited: 31 Mar 2021
    DeanoAustin likes this.
  14. Raziel

Raziel Paul Robinson

People want simple

- Owners throw money at team = good
    - Owners manage the club in a responsible way = bad

Hilarious how many teams in that top 10 list of "well run" have no coherent/understandable long term plan to secure the clubs future competitiveness.

15. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

Indeed, sad state of affairs to be honest.

16. Yiddo

Yiddo Pat van den Hauwe

Its all the spoilt fans who forget what the club was like before Levy.

glasgowspur, DTA, spasm and 4 others like this.
  17. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Paul Robinson

There are other tables from the survey that cover that type of stuff.

This really is an owner's focused question.

18. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Paul Robinson

Not the goldfish short memory/attention span brig.ade?

19. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Colin Calderwood

Over the years I've learnt that a very large percentage of people are complete idiots, with absolutely no ability to see further than their nose.

20. braineclipse

braineclipse Paul Stewart

I think it's definitely that easy for some.

I also think owners and chairmen are often evaluated based on who came before them. Levy/ENIC have been here so long that this becomes difficult/irrelevant. Going through a period of bad ownership probably makes people appreciate the better one's more. Here's to hoping we won't have to go trough that.

I also think owners are compared to idealised versions of other owners. Team X outperforms expectations properly for a handful of years, it's perhaps fair to ask why can't we do the same? But those examples are often just a few, and often for a limited time and in very different circumstances to ours. Arguably there's even a bit of luck involved.

Daisuk likes this.