• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Do you often see businesses valued and sold at a pure asset valuation? In my experience that's quite rare.

Asset valuations can form a part of a discussion but in single buyer markets it tends to be combined with a measure of multiplied up earnings or similar to come to an agreed figure.

Obviously if there are multiple buyers interested then the figure becomes what someone will pay.

In our scenario the only value that matters is what it will take Levy & Lewis to walk away. Neither seem to be in any hurry to get out, so will take some convincing from any buyer.
Asset vs debt and potential profit/order book and normal in the deals I’ve worked on

Decent article that.

In many ways we are actually now perfectly ripe for a sugar daddy takeover. We have the biggest match day revenue in the country (still with decent potential for further growth) and our broadcasting revenue is right up there thanks to the might of the PL in general. Emirates Marketing Project style in-house sponsorships would therefore see us have revenue to match those two Manchester clubs.

The problem of course is the likely prohibitive sale price that Lewis and Levy would put on the club. I fear their valuation of Spurs is one that places us as already being the biggest club in the country, instead of the 5th or 6th biggest with the potential to become the biggest with a large owner investment. I hope we don’t get stuck in that middle ground for too long as one never knows for how long we’ll have the stadium advantage for.
In an ideal world, you'd buy the club, install yourself as manager, and we'd all live happily ever after.

I assume beverage sales etc from non THFC events get lumped into match day revenue? As that number was missing 5 spurs home games, a rugby game and a few gigs/concerts.
That’s a fair bit to add in.

In an ideal world, you'd buy the club, install yourself as manager, and we'd all live happily ever after.
I’m glad you and I have the same ideals mate :D

Alas, I don’t have my UEFA Pro coaching badge so I wouldn’t be able to install myself as manager (ignoring the small matter of not having the 2+ billion quid either)

Last edited:
In many ways that goes to show how important Wenger was to Arsenal. I hope their fans regret their huge role in removing him from their club for a very long while.
It’s the same with so many clubs when a person becomes part of the institution
I’m hearing palace will get rid of Hodgson which is I get. What they forget is they could easily then do a Charlton or Stoke and free fall a lot

I assume beverage sales etc from non THFC events get lumped into match day revenue? As that number was missing 5 spurs home games, a rugby game and a few gigs/concerts.
That’s a fair bit to add in.
I wonder whether the income from non THFC events would instead be added to commercial revenue?

I’d love to know the various options available to hire the stadium as I’m sure there’s a sliding scale depending on who gets the food/drink revenue. What do people think stadium hire starts at for a single event? £2m for a rugby or football one that keeps the grass pitch in place perhaps with THFC supplying the event staff and getting the food and drink profits?

Last edited:
Back