• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

The fact you had to pick the period containing us not being a top division club and a world war says it all....

Haha it still counts. That was 30 years without a trophy and the war was only 6 years. Fair enough though, I see your argument. I just can’t agree with it probably the same way you can’t agree with mine.

I don't think Levy saw that as punching above our weight.

Also, at the time, the only thing Poch was doing consistently was losing games.
That’s because Levy has a strange skewed view on reality. We should be finishing 6th or 7th each season really....

Seems we’re becoming even more ‘consistent’ recently eh?

That’s because Levy has a strange skewed view on reality. We should be finishing 6th or 7th each season really....

Seems we’re becoming even more ‘consistent’ recently eh?

Levy must be doing something right then because in the last 15 years we've only been outside the top 6 twice, we've been top 4 six times and have a few 5th placed finishes. And that's with a bunch of different managers.

Levy must be doing something right then because in the last 15 years we've only been outside the top 6 twice, we've been top 4 six times and have a few 5th placed finishes. And that's with a bunch of different managers.
One brilliant manager in Poch and one very good one in Harry have overachieved, the former one of those consistently. Both sacked by the chairman.

Having a better training/medical/coaching centre and staff. Having a better youth system, having a better scouting system.
We definitely have a very good trading ground.
We haven’t got a better youth system than our rivals.
We haven’t got better scouting than our rivals.
At present it doesn’t look as though our coaching staff actually do any coaching (or good coaching anyway).
Our shirts do look very white though.... I’m not sure you’re giving that one enough credit to be fair mate... it might be Levy’s really smart ‘how to be a top 4 club on a top 7 budget’ dea.

We definitely have a very good trading ground.
We haven’t got a better youth system than our rivals.
We haven’t got better scouting than our rivals.
At present it doesn’t look as though our coaching staff actually do any coaching (or good coaching anyway).
Our shirts do look very white though.... I’m not sure you’re giving that one enough credit to be fair mate... it might be Levy’s really smart ‘how to be a top 4 club on a top 7 budget’ dea.

I'm not saying we do, but that has to be the plan, we'll never be able to outspend the doped clubs, so we have to win in another way. If Levy didn't think that was possible he wouldn't be trying, if we didn't think it was possible we wouldn't still follow the club.

I'm not saying we do, but that has to be the plan, we'll never be able to outspend the doped clubs, so we have to win in another way. If Levy didn't think that was possible he wouldn't be trying, if we didn't think it was possible we wouldn't still follow the club.

Levy can think what he wants. Reality doesn't necessarily match up to his goals or are actually achievable by him and his methods.

Leicester won the PL without being the biggest spenders, it is possible but you have to be decisive in the transfer windows. Levy is far from that.

We follow the club because it's our team not because we think there is an outside chance of winning the league each season. If we are relegated the majority are still going to be fans.

One brilliant manager in Poch and one very good one in Harry have overachieved, the former one of those consistently. Both sacked by the chairman.

One for overseeing a league slump as a result of him taking his eye off the ball because he thought he was going to get the England job; while the other had us 14th, playing some awful stuff, and gave the impression by the end that he’d rather be anywhere else on earth than managing us.

Well he wants to have a think about the scouting system.
I point this out all the time but our scouting system is fine. We often identify talented players. What we don't do is sign them. That isn't to do with scouting department. It's their job to identify players its not their job to sign them. That is on the transfer committee which often deem the players as not worth the risk at whichever stage development they are at.

When you analyse the players we have looked at over the years it's quite clear Levy is rather risk adverse. On one hand that does mean the club has been in a safe financial governance since ENIC took over but it also means we have missed out on opportunities to make bigger steps forward where a braver soul might have.

One for overseeing a league slump as a result of him taking his eye off the ball because he thought he was going to get the England job; while the other had us 14th, playing some awful stuff, and gave the impression by the end that he’d rather be anywhere else on earth than managing us.
Neither was backed at the golden moments so can you begrudge Harry seeing a better opportunity elsewhere? In the end he matched his brief, he got us Top 4.

Last edited:
When you consistently overachieve, still don’t get backed by the chairman and then the chairman also doesn’t listen when you tell him you need a painful rebuild I’d imagine most people would rather be elsewhere.

Back