1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Howard Webb, 8 Feb 2012.

1. Raziel

Raziel Jimmy Neighbour

What's top honors? league title?

To me, Europa/FA Cup plus top 4 would be significant progression from the past

2. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

League and CL - runners up in both is where we were and is what the big teams are judged on. If Mourinho matches (or exceeds) that whilst delivering domestic trophies too then of course that is progression.

Last edited: 20 Sep 2020
    Robspur12 likes this.
  3. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

This for me as well, winning our first trophy ( whichever one it is) will give the players in the dressing room a massive lift and make them want even more. We have added a number of new players and it will take time to settle them into the team but IF we can do that quickly ( and that is not always easy) then a top four place AND a trophy should be possible.

afsoc4life and DubaiSpur like this.
  4. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

Winning trophies now is all that matters for the club, we have it all laid on a plate now with ground, training facility and investment. Add the intent with Jose and it has to be trophies and regular finals

AdamB likes this.
  5. metalgear

metalgear Christian Ziege

Top 4... If we do it regularly enough, we will get a trophy eventually. Its the additional finance and player appeal that we get and deny other clubs that will count towards a trophy. Where is a statistician when you need one?

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Finney Is Back and glasgowspur like this.
  6. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Pedro Mendes

Exactly,, that's why this season is so so important. We almost have to be CL next year.

7. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

Without fail need to be

8. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Jimmy McCormick

Very good work this week.

I'll reserve overall judgement until after the window shuts though:)

9. glorygloryeze

I truly, TRULY hope your mate is wrong here.....

10. Raziel

Raziel Jimmy Neighbour

It's a very good window now = PEH, Doherty, Reguilon, Bale - 4 first team starters that obviously improve the team (they replace Sissoko, Aurier, Davies, Lucas in line up) and greatly improve depth.

Add a CB and ST to that list and you would arguably have one of the best windows Spurs has ever had (not even mentioning the financials of the deals as well)

11. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Roman Pavlyuchenko

I just want a trophy. Levy has done a lot for Spurs.

mjc23, spasm, SteveAWOL and 4 others like this.
  12. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Justin Edinburgh

Yes. Two consecutive years out of the Champions League would be a body blow for the club in terms of recruitment, player retention, prestige and financial clout.
    I'm desperate for us to win a trophy though. Winning the Europa League brings Champions League qualification with it, doesn't it?

milo likes this.
  13. Raziel

Raziel Jimmy Neighbour

Yes

14. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Bobby Zamora

Whilst i don't disagree with what's being said, Arsenal were without CL football and still managed to get players in like Aubameyang. I think CL is a big bonus, but not essential, i think wage structure can be a massive factor.

Bullet, metalgear and Finney Is Back like this.
  15. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Nick Barmby

The squad was in absolute dire need of a rebuild, we were shot at centre half (and still are), had no presence in the centre of midfield, were poor in the fullback positions and had zero cover for when our centre forward was injured/suspended/out of form/needed a rest. The fact that even now, having signed a whopping 10 players we still need at least two more (first choice centre half and rotation option at centre forward) shows how desperate we were for a rebuild.

billyiddo likes this.
  16. milo

milo Mel Hopkins Staff Member

Qualifying for the CL through the PL is the measure of how good you are and is a must for this season. Every year we're not in it, the financial gap widens. Like everyone else, a trophy would be nice.

17. glorygloryeze

As i say, better to wait until the end of the window to judge. We are still open in cm AFTER having bought PEH and a need for a striker is nothing new (and might still not happen...)

18. indospurs

indospurs Tim Sherwood

Levy putting his balls on the line with these purchases - actually, since he (planned) ditched Poch and got Jose in

Shiney stadium and training, but what is it all for if the long game doesn't deliver trophies, and make big money to recoup all the investments ?

We are all praying this will work, it has to - big statement if we let Alli go. It'll only work if Ndombele and Le Celso unleash their potential, and we shore up defense imho

AdamB likes this.
  19. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 John Lacy

Its a premier competition in football, its what we should want to play in regardless of finances, otherwise whats the point?

20. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

it's absolutely essential, the CL is football

milo likes this.