• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Spoke to my mate who has done some marketing work at the club and he said Levys work on Bale and the other lad is him saying we can't not qualify for CL next year, this year with the disruption of travel and no crowds the club believe its not a bad year to miss but next they can't esp as its likely to be back to normal.

Expect another 2 signings too

That is bang-on the case.

Spoke to my mate who has done some marketing work at the club and he said Levys work on Bale and the other lad is him saying we can't not qualify for CL next year, this year with the disruption of travel and no crowds the club believe its not a bad year to miss but next they can't esp as its likely to be back to normal.

Expect another 2 signings too

This sounds all very plausible/likely, but then it begs the question: why not get that Number 9 in January when it was obviously likely to be the difference between top 4 or not, given Jose's open comments and the way Jose plays anyway?

Anyway, they are finally seeming to strengthen so let's just enjoy what we can i guess

This sounds all very plausible/likely, but then it begs the question: why not get that Number 9 in January when it was obviously likely to be the difference between top 4 or not, given Jose's open comments and the way Jose plays anyway?

Anyway, they are finally seeming to strengthen so let's just enjoy what we can i guess
I think we tried, but signing a good enough and suitable backup striker in January is easier said than done.

What’s Harry on £200k? This is still costing Madrid the best part of £20m a year!
Saves them over £20 million if he stays with us for two years. That's just in wages. We may have included some fee to them as part of the deal (we'll probably never know) and I'll bet that Zidane and others see an intangible benefit in simply not having Bale around any more.

I think Sessegnon was £25m not £35m. We then sacked the manager who bought him in before he could integrate him.
I don't think Sanchez was a replacement for Vertonghen.... Surely he was a replacement for Wimmer?
Dembele/Ndombele - I agree with you.... Although losing Dembele 6 months before signing Ndombele isn't the ideal thing to be doing.
Also - don't think that Lo Celso was a replacement for Eriksen. If he is then he is (IMO) of considerably lower quality than the player he replaced.
Keeping Eriksen when it was clear he wasn't going to sign a new contract was investment in itself.

Levy's been clear in the past that a two year contract is the minimum for anyone we want to keep. That 18 months of keeping Eriksen probably cost us over £40M.

I asked my mate this morning he said delusion on how good everyone thought the team was added to how hard Jan business is to do.

He reckons Everton performance first game of season with two new lads but same lack of spark was penny drop moment

Thank you Danny for making this happen, hope it gets the moaning fans of your back for a while (it will not though as they will always find something to bitch about)

I genuinely believe we can challenge for the league here. The only potential weakness in our side is at centre back and we’re still decent there especially if Tanganga kicks on. It’s over to Jose now. He has the tools.

I genuinely believe we can challenge for the league here. The only potential weakness in our side is at centre back and we’re still decent there especially if Tanganga kicks on. It’s over to Jose now. He has the tools.
Such a shame there that we let K0ch go to Leeds (especially when it was such a paltry fee). Could’ve sold either Dier or Sanchez, been stronger overall and not been out of pocket.

still.... can’t sign them all and I’m very happy with Bale and Regulion as signings.

Back