• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Everton, Aston Villa, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine don't have the advantage of being London based. Spurs match day and sponsorship revenue is far greater as a result.

How many chairmen would have let Modric go last summer?

Now he's bad because he can't predict the future.

I only blame Levy for not ensuring we buy a quality central striker over the last 5 transfer windows

For us going out of The FA Cup? Not at all, it was down to number of factors including:

- Poor team selection (not starting Friedel)
- Awful officiating
- A very even match going Chelsea's way
- The players dropping their heads after their third goal and conceding defeat

Plus their new kit deals and their massive sponsorship agreement with Standard Chartered, which hasn't been factored in, I believe, means we'll be a lot lower than them in terms of revenue, and that won't change for a long while yet.

Indeed our new kit deal is 10m a season. Liverpool's is 25m.
Our sponsorship ending in the summer was 12.5m. Liverpool's deal with Standard Chartered is 20m.

What Levy has done wrong is not fire Harry and get Ancelotti in at the end of last season imho.

But overall he has done a fantastic job, step 1 was the new training ground which is world class, step 2 will be the stadium. That has taken too much time to come but it will and then finally we will be able to compete at the top permanently. Everything now is inconsequential compared to building the stadium imo. 4th this year is still crucial though and I feel like we can only get there by replacing Harry with a caretaker manager until the end of the season.

For us going out of The FA Cup? Not at all, it was down to number of factors including:

- Poor team selection (not starting Friedel)
- Awful officiating
- A very even match going Chelsea's way
- The players dropping their heads after their third goal and conceding defeat

This, Levy has made Tottenham competitive again, playing good football, with decent plans for the next few years.

Fact is, our season has fallen apart a bit by reason of

- The England manager speculation crap
- Injuries to players
- Fatigue in a small 1st 11 over tough season
- Blip in form at exactly the wrong time

A bit of all, can any of that be "Levy's fault"? is it anybody's fault?

Is it a co-incidence that Cheat$ki/Emirates Marketing Project/Manure are all going to run into form at the end of the season, beacuse they can afford to have Torres/Drogba/Berbatov/Tevez/etc. spend long parts of the season resting on the bench?

Some on here love him, i never fell into that group.

I wonder if his haggling over transfer fees and not getting rid of squad players (dos santos) meaning we did not have the money to reinforce parts of the team that we need has had an impact on the team, feel the same with pav who should have been moved on sooner.

People keep saying that the stadium build will not impact on our transfer spending because thats what levy has said, but i just do not see how that will happen.

So redknapp gets most of the blame and the players to and they deserve it, but what about levy. At other clubs chairmen seem to be quicker to make the big decisions.

I do.

Hagging over transfer fees but in the next sentence you don't think we have any money... This point is debatable.

Dos Santos has effectively been up for sale for years. That's why he has spent most of his time on loan. No one is stupid enough to take Bentley, Jenas and co. (Especially when they know we'd loan them anyway.)

Pav was Harry, I think. Jenas was also sort of Harry, but 3 years or so ago when Harry thought he was good and he'd scored Capello's first England goal.

Big decisions like what? Chelsea's revolving manager door? Arsenal's "yes, we're looking at that player, we'll bid on him in 3-5 years... Oh wait, someone beat us to him?" Man United's "this club needs more debt"? Ashley's "Sports Direct Arena because I couldn't sell the club, so I got three managers in one year and we got relegated, whoops"? Emirates Marketing Project's "We'll pay ten times what he's worth, but we want him now"? Liverpool's "We need a flimflam position... Let's get that guy, he knows how to negotiate, he has a reputation for it... 35 million you say? And another 38 for Henderson and Downing?" Villa's "You know that guy who took Birmingham down? He seems awesome, this is going to excite the fans. ?ú25 million for Darren Bent saved our season, I'm so glad we don't spend like crazy anymore. Oh, we have 91% wages to turnover." Bolton's "92% Wages to turnover, epic losses and a relegation battle." Everton's "I don't have any money, but I've been looking for a buyer for the best part of a decade, I wish you could spend some money Moyes, but get us Europe, eh. :) "

If you consider Liverpool, Everton, Chelsea and other clubs need new stadia, a bunch of clubs have huge issues at board level and Levy has consistently proven himself to be one of the best chairmen in the PL, it's hard to blame him. Harry was the right man to bring in, we've been buying solid players for peanuts rather than spending fortunes on flops, he's got stadium development sorted, we're one of the best run clubs, our FFP figures will glow and he doesn't fall out with managers. He doesn't say stupid things, undermine the manager or do the mistakes chairmen seem to make all the time. I find it hard to criticize him, which is why I don't think that many of your points are even debatable.

Your comment about the stadium not altering our transfer policy is hard to make any argument for either way. At this stage it's not possible to know for sure.

could have sacked Redknapp at the end of last season. The England situation was always gonna rear its ugly head at some point this season.

LOL. WTF?

Sack a manager that took us to the CL Quarter Finals against Real Madrid and 5th in the League?

Even if Levy could see the future he'd have no way of explaining that, and if he could see the future and see the run we'd be on, he wouldn't have sacked him anyway.

The England situation was always going to rear its head after Capello left which was scheduled to be after the Euros. John Terry creating a chain effect that saw Capello resign was extremely unlikely to happen. Usually managers go after tournaments, not before.

Some blame Harry for bringing in loan signings BUT I very much doubt Harry's first choice striker was saha on loan.

?ú20 mil for Remy is a pretty big bid. Remy's chairman said no other French team's chairman would have turned down such a huge offer. When someone says that, you don't offer more money. Remy for ?ú20 mil is risky enough anyway.

As far as I can recall he has made one big mistake and that was the Jol/Ramos-saga. Not necessarily sacking Jol but the way it was handled.

That did fudging suck. The whole way that panned out. It's not like he intended it to happen that way, but that felt horrible. We were losing in Europe, but the crowd was singing "Stand up for Martin Jol" and the entire thing was a mess.

problem is Redknapp would still have been talked about as Capello's successor during the second half of the season as the Euros drew closer, and the players would have known it was his last season as each game passes by

No more than he had been before Capello resigned. That massive explosion wouldn't have happened and it happened because England is managerless. If the players didn't know about England before Capello resigned I'll be surprised.

Levy could have started the long term planning last summer and got a fresh man in

Levy started his long term planning last summer.

Yes and no. He could have got a manager that was happy to be in the Europa League in, it is extremely unlikely that he would know that manager would be better than Harry.

Alternatively, he sacks Harry and loses 15 million pounds, he hires someone that will probably be worse in his first season than Harry would be.

WTF is the reason for dismissal? Harry is jobless for a year because he might get the England job, a job someone else has? Our fans would have gone apebrick.

It's really hard to justify losing ?ú15 million to replace the manager with what would probably be an inferior manager.

It's also not possible to know what a fudging derail that would be, but our season was going fine. If the players lost focus because Harry was mentioned for the England job, they lost it exactly when Capello resigned... If he hadn't resigned and we still imploded due to the England, it might have happened later, by then, we'd have been CL secure.

By giving Harry an extra season, the club gets ?ú15 mil and if we get CL, we get the chance to get a CL manager... Managers are like players. They all want the work done for them, an established club can get better staff, playing staff or coaches.

We all know Levy doesn't like to waste money, so he's not wasting ?ú15 mil on sacking "the best manager we've had for years", and we don't even know what Harry's compensation would have been.

Harry's trial hadn't happened. He might have had a guilty verdict and not been offered the England job.

We used to spend on our money on up and coming players like berbatov and modric now we seem to be going for a level of player that does not want to come to us and then we end up with no one.

Well, not everyone had heard of Modric or Berba before they came, some knew a little bit (Berba was a bit more famous), but not many knew them well. If we're aiming too high then we're aiming for very good players. It can't be a mistake to aim for very good players?

Everton, Aston Villa, and Saudi Sportswashing Machine don't have the advantage of being London based. Spurs match day and sponsorship revenue is far greater as a result.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine have one of the biggest stadia in the country and could sell out when they were in the Championship, Everton are one of two big clubs in Liverpool and Villa is "steeped in history"... You may have a point about London being an advantage, but there are tons of London clubs. Villa, Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine best compare with us. Besides, Liverpool have insane sponsorship purely because they're Liverpool, regardless of them being midtable. The brand counts for more than the location. I get that being in London does help, but there are so many factors that London alone is not the only reason.

Besides, Levy got us epic shirt sponsorship, that has nothing to do with us being in London... Saudi Sportswashing Machine can fit in almost double the fans... The big overachiever is Everton for sure, but that's only because they're broke. Moyes takes credit there rather than the chairman, the chairman is the handicap rather than anything else. Villa are the next closest to our wage bill and spend like fudge.

I only blame Levy for not ensuring we buy a quality central striker over the last 5 transfer windows

Has it been 5 years since Berbatov left? o_O Wow. Well, we got to borrow one without having to spend tons of money this year, so yay. But to be honest, Harry picks the players, Levy only buys them. He doesn't buy gifts like Shevchenko to fudge the manager up. :p

It's hard to think of many big centre forwards that we could buy that would be good enough though. Each big target man has something to fudge us up. Llorente plays for a club that literally wouldn't play Messi if they were given him for free, he can't be replaced for them so they won't sell cheap... Ibrahimovic is a 70 mil striker that misses more sitters than Pav, Bent, Crouch, Campbell, Kane and Ade combined, his finishing makes Ade look like Messi... Drogba is old now... Seriously, if you can think of any strikers suited to a lone striker role that you feel Levy could go out and buy tomorrow, let me know, because I'm struggling.

Whoever the new manager is will either fudge us over for years to come by spending all our money on brick, or be a hero.

Levy good chairman or not?

I know a lot on here rate him very highly.

For me im still not sure, i appreciate he does not get the club into to much debt(we still have some) and he is only going to go ahead with the stadium build when it can work finacially. But the is something im still not quite sure on about him.

I would give him a 7 out of 10 if i was marking him during his time here.

He is a superb businessman who has our club financially competing in an arena it should not be. Our financial strategy under him is superb. Our footballing strategy under him is often questionable, and whilst he understands the Spurs brand from a businessmen's point of view I don't know if he truly understands it from a fans point of view.

He is certainly a lot better than Scholar and Sugar were that's for sure....

Back