• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I was thinking in the shower the other day... yes laugh
What we need is for the Arabs to buy Saudi Sportswashing Machine and for Levy to approach the American guy who was looking to buy them and say chuck that money here for 20% or THFc (the club he supports)
@Finney Is Back has said it a few times and that’s the kind of money that could have a mega mega impact in the current climate at no real material cost to ENIC

what do they get for their 20% though, why would ENIC sweeten it enough to guarantee a profit in the current financial situation?

Does anyone know of another team in the Top 5 leagues of Europe with one single striker in their first team squad?

How can anyone possibly defend that when Southampton manage to have 3?

Does anyone know of another team in the Top 5 leagues of Europe with one single striker in their first team squad?

City, United, I was about to say Liverpool don't have any, but then I remembered Origi

I could probably find another 50 to be honest.

City, United, I was about to say Liverpool don't have any, but then I remembered Origi

I could probably find another 50 to be honest.

City have Jesus and Aguero both listed as strikers in their first team squad, and you know this but can check their website and it lists them.

Man U list Martial and Rashford, and also signed Ighalo in January, check their website as above. Liverpool Origi and Firminho as you well know.

Spurs have Kane, i mean, you know this, you're not an idiot so why are you trying to pretend otherwise?

You know full well City switch between Jesus and Aguero. You know full well United switch between Rashford or Martial. You know full well in several games this season Liverpool have used Origi when Firminho was injured and missing.

Come on now, you know this, you're not a child so don't debate like one. Spurs have 1 striker, our back up option is moving our No1 winger to play up front, thus negating our No1 wing position.

What's even more remarkable is i've had this discussion before and previously, Spurs used to list players by position (just like City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea websites do). Now we dont.

City have Jesus and Aguero both listed as strikers in their first team squad, and you know this but can check their website and it lists them.

Man U list Martial and Rashford, and also signed Ighalo in January, check their website as above. Liverpool Origi and Firminho as you well know.

Spurs have Kane, i mean, you know this, you're not an idiot so why are you trying to pretend otherwise?

You know full well City switch between Jesus and Aguero. You know full well United switch between Rashford or Martial. You know full well in several games this season Liverpool have used Origi when Firminho was injured and missing.

Come on now, you know this, you're not a child so don't debate like one. Spurs have 1 striker, our back up option is moving our No1 winger to play up front, thus negating our No1 wing position.

What's even more remarkable is i've had this discussion before and previously, Spurs used to list players by position (just like City, United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea websites do). Now we dont.

Jesus is the same as Son/Bergwijn, as is Martial, Rashford is better from wide too. Firminho is an AM like Alli.

I don't think our system is suffering because we don't have another classic 9 to bring on. We play Son wide because he and Kane have such potential, it's not a weakness playing them both it's a sign of strength in that position.

Jesus is the same as Son/Bergwijn, as is Martial, Rashford is better from wide too. Firminho is an AM like Alli.

I don't think our system is suffering because we don't have another classic 9 to bring on. We play Son wide because he and Kane have such potential, it's not a weakness playing them both it's a sign of strength in that position.
Don’t think Jesus is at all mate. He tends to play through the middle in place of Aguero.

Totally agree with you mate,we’ve got one striker and he’s been out for 6 months with no replacement,apart from one 18 year old,what a joke for a supposedly top 5 side....we’ve got Son,Moura,Bergeijn and also Lamela,all similar players all blow hot and cold.
We supposedly had a sniff at Danny Inges,and the way he came back from injury has been superb,agree he’s on the wrong side age wise but he’s sort of forward we’re crying for,runs forever,pressurises defenders and knows the premier league inside out,I pay what ever for him even though it be a loss on the sell on fee.

There are few other nuggets in the Premier League in other positions,name wise not big,but will give far more than half a dozen that played tonight.

Don’t think Jesus is at all mate. He tends to play through the middle in place of Aguero.
Yep he definitely does bait apparently he is a WF according to some Brazilian journalist on this weeks guardian podcast.
don’t see it myself and think if city can get a proper CB alongside laporte and a quality cover for Aguero their rightfully favourites

I don’t m ow many teams with worse full backs than ours I really don’t
That’s our single biggest weakness

He’s not a classic number 9 is my opinion and my point.

I think Son has proven to be really effective cover for Kane and Bergwijn shows the same potential.

With hindsight Llorente would have had plenty of minutes but at the start of the season letting him go wasn’t a big deal imo.

I think Son has proven to be really effective cover for Kane and Bergwijn shows the same potential.

With hindsight Llorente would have had plenty of minutes but at the start of the season letting him go wasn’t a big deal imo.
Letting him go with no backup was criminal
He wasn’t good on the pitch but he played in the right area and occupied defenders to allow son to play or moura

Yes but City don’t play Aguero up top and Jesus out wide. They play one or the other. When Kane is out we have to weaken our wide area to cover him... City don’t have to move a wide player.

Yes but City don’t play Aguero up top and Jesus out wide. They play one or the other. When Kane is out we have to weaken our wide area to cover him... City don’t have to move a wide player.

I think Son is more than a wide player and it doesn't weaken us, in the eleven we are basically swapping Kane for Lamela/Bergwijn/Alli, Son is still on the pitch, the quality of that attacking quartet isn't reduced overall. Kane has been out a lot over the last two years, we've been really good with Son up front.

Not saying City reduce quality in that same situation.

I think it's good to have different types of player for the same position and that Son is so good that he can play is multiple roles isn't a bad thing.

Would people feel better if Son wasn't good enough to start wide so was on the bench as cover?

I think Son is more than a wide player and it doesn't weaken us, in the eleven we are basically swapping Kane for Lamela/Bergwijn/Alli, Son is still on the pitch, the quality of that attacking quartet isn't reduced overall. Kane has been out a lot over the last two years, we've been really good with Son up front.

Not saying City reduce quality in that same situation.

I think it's good to have different types of player for the same position and that Son is so good that he can play is multiple roles isn't a bad thing.

Would people feel better if Son wasn't good enough to start wide so was on the bench as cover?
No people would feel better if we didn’t have to move our first choice 11 in Son to play as a 9, making us weaker in 2 positions (9 & 11) instead of just having a capable back up 9 like every other team in the PL.

No people would feel better if we didn’t have to move our first choice 11 in Son to play as a 9, making us weaker in 2 positions (9 & 11) instead of just having a capable back up 9 like every other team in the PL.

We'd have to spend a lot of money on a capable backup for Kane who was better than Son imo.

I'd also add that most PL teams don't have one capable 9, let alone two.

I’d say it’s more about having a back-up player that means we don’t have to change our style of play.

Snark answer: we don't have a style of play

Sensible answer: we need to have multiple styles of play as we come up against a huge variation of opponent, we need to spread it around, use multiple weapons, keep teams guessing, if all of our forwards are the same type, that reduces the prevention schemes opposition defences need to drill.

We don't use Son as the CF enough, he's a genuine option for Kane, who we use way too much (regarding rotation for fitness) not just when unavailable.

Snark answer: we don't have a style of play

Sensible answer: we need to have multiple styles of play as we come up against a huge variation of opponent, we need to spread it around, use multiple weapons, keep teams guessing, if all of our forwards are the same type, that reduces the prevention schemes opposition defences need to drill.

We don't use Son as the CF enough, he's a genuine option for Kane, who we use way too much (regarding rotation for fitness) not just when unavailable.
I agree it’s great to have the option.... not great when it’s the only option. Maybe we’re the Mavericks with the right idea here and everybody else will catch on? Or maybe the other 19 PL clubs know what they’re doing? Which is your money on?

Back