• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

The club did the right thing. It had to be dragged kicking and screaming to do the right thing, mind, but it got there.

I was never more utterly ashamed of my club than when they announced that atrocious decision to cut wages and furlough staff.

I have rarely been prouder than now, when they reversed it and gave a fair deal to all the ordinary working men and women who make Spurs what it is.

I'm just..proud of the club. Proud of the fans, who were relentless in their criticism of this - across social media, in the news, in the pubs, fans came together like never before to express their shame and anger about this, and as the statement mentions, the strength of it was noted by the club.

Proud of the Trust, too - they're pretty powerless even relative to the likes of Spirit of Shankly, bit they do good work, and they worked with the club, represented the majority of the fans' views on this and contributed to the club reversing course. Hats off to them.

Also proud that fans across the league are against this, in general - for their clubs and for others. Football is *not* just another business, and it will die the more it tries to become one.

Finally, well done to Levy. It was late, and you had to be forced into it - but better late than never, and you did the right thing. You listened.

I hope those of us who supported the furlough and wage cuts, and those who were against, can now move on. It caused a lot of pro and anti-furlough sentiment amongst GG (not elsewhere, I have to say - fans elsewhere were pretty united in opposing it). But the club's done the right thing, so hopefully that's all in the past.

I can say I'm proud of THFC again - what a day. :)
I've never been more ashamed of my club than hearing them reverse a sensible business decision because a few financially illiterate, half-witted busybodies whined and bitched loud enough.

Levey should be ashamed of himself.

Will be interesting if all those fans who complained will keep quiet if the club are unable when football starts up again to sign players or have to sell off key players in order to maintain the clubs finances.

First of all, smart move by the club.
Secondly, I won't complain, no. Do you have a crystal ball? Can you see the future? I don't see much of a transfer market for a couple of years.

I've never been more ashamed of my club than hearing them reverse a sensible business decision because a few financially illiterate, half-witted busybodies whined and bitched loud enough.

You should not be so quick to doubt him. It has taken over a week. I guarantee you he has found a sensible way to make it work and is going to score on both fiscal and PR level at this point. It isn't the time to doubt his business acumen.

Mmm. I've tried to stay out of arguing with your perspectives on this, because they're pretty extreme in my view.

But I do have to say this - thanks for running the forum the way you do, mate. It's clear you vehemently disagree with my view and the opinions of folks who support the Trust (and fan involvement more broadly). But you nonetheless leave space for us to argue our views, and run GG as a pretty free place.

Just wanted to say, it's genuinely appreciated. Still unsure if you're actually serious or you're just playing the 'Ebenezer Scrooge with a heart of gold' act, mind. :p

Mmm. I've tried to stay out of arguing with your perspectives on this, because they're pretty extreme in my view.

But I do have to say this - thanks for running the forum the way you do, mate. It's clear you vehemently disagree with my view and the opinions of folks who support the Trust (and fan involvement more broadly). But you nonetheless leave space for us to argue our views, and run GG as a pretty free place.

Just wanted to say, it's genuinely appreciated. Still unsure if you're actually serious or you're just playing the 'Ebenezer Scrooge with a heart of gold' act, mind. :p
I can assure you I'm absolutely genuine in my thoughts and opinions.

I'd imagine Levy and I feel fairly similarly about a lot of issues, hence the fact that I defend him so strongly on subjects like this. Having worked in businesses with union representation before I know how busybodies like the Traffic Warden Association Trust Scheme can take time away from making the business stronger for everyone and make busy people focus on having the right brand of coffee in the machines.

So I have little time for them or anyone like them. I also have little time for what appears to be the majority of people on social media who believe that all business owners should just give away all profits (and more) simply because those working for them are earning less.

But thanks - I'm glad we don't always agree as this place would be boring as fudge if we all did.

Think it was just his(levy's) asperger's playing up. He saw a way to save money and went for it. Remember an article years ago how he used to walk around turning off all the lights then when someone told him it was cheaper having sensor lights he carried on walking round switching them off as that was cheaper than getting sensor lights installed
Fixed that for you matey. ;)

I think that's a bit strong but I fully agree with you. I'm amazed Levy has rowed back on this because having made the decision, he'd taken most of the flak over the last two weeks. It was a sensible business decision that's been reversed purely for PR reasons. I didn't think Levy was the type to give in to that.

I think that's a bit strong but I fully agree with you. I'm amazed Levy has rowed back on this because having made the decision, he'd taken most of the flak over the last two weeks. It was a sensible business decision that's been reversed purely for PR reasons. I didn't think Levy was the type to give in to that.
But I do believe at the time it was to call the players bluff and get them to move
The players then got organised and flipped it
He is now trying to negotiate with them to take a drop and getting nowhere fast I assume

I’m not convinced he has turned it purely for PR reasons, even though the statement implied that was the driver. I think we could have weathered the PR. I am hoping the reversal is a pre-cursor to an announcement of an agreement with the players around a pay cut (rather than just a deferral) in the coming days.

Back