1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Howard Webb, 8 Feb 2012.

1. StephenH

StephenH Barry Daines

Agree.
    It though was not the smart PR play.
    Was always going to get the Sun/Mirror/Mail readers in a lather.

DubaiSpur likes this.
  2. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

scaramanga and Gazza Dazzla like this.
  3. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Edgar Davids

Unfortunately on this subject it does seem like they talk for most Spurs fans though, as unfathomable as it is to me.

DubaiSpur likes this.
  4. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

most isn’t all

5. demotw

demotw Ryan Nelsen

Will be interesting if all those fans who complained will keep quiet if the club are unable when football starts up again to sign players or have to sell off key players in order to maintain the clubs finances.

6. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Nick Barmby

Of course he could have done more and better but the clubs at a level consistently it hasn’t been ever off the pitch which in the modern game is needed, a point missed I think by most. Being able to progress the club off the pitch whilst moving it along off the pitch has been great.

The trophy regression started long before Levy arrived and the game became more dominated by 2/3 clubs spending money we never could, levy’s work off the pitch has helped to close that gap, and although still a gap that has closed in recent years.

parklane1 and billyiddo like this.
  7. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Edgar Davids

They’ll say the small amount saved here isn’t significant, but Levy is all about saving the pennies to be able to spend the pounds.

8. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Nick Barmby

Leagues without dirty money like Russian, Thai and Arab dollars which we have had for a lot longer. Even Germany made it hard for Red Bull.

I am shocked Dubai didn’t chuck in Rangers and Celtic.

scaramanga and Bedfordspurs like this.
  9. Notmegov

Notmegov Tim Sherwood

Its flimflam, all whilst BA put 30000 members of staff on %80 whilst there parent company made 3.2 billion last year.

Anti football flimflam.

DubSpur, SteveAWOL, spurrrr and 6 others like this.
  10. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Nick Barmby

The stadium isn’t about LEDs and Seats although it’s nice and people are allowed to enjoy. It’s where it takes up in terms of revenues that then should reflect on the field, that’s where most level minded people see it.

The improvement started with Jol, Redknapp even AVB got the team upward even if boring and Poch made us consistent on a week in week out and finished the job.

As someone said on a post earlier in terms of trophies we had many SF and Final appearances it’s not all on Levy that we stumbled or some of Poch (who I love) made some baffling decisions

11. elyid

elyid Andy Sinton

I find the whole thing quite disgusting.

It's not for businesses to determine if laws set by the government are "moral".
    As you say, far more wealthy industries haven't been criticised.

Personally think it's all a deliberate misdirection to shield the average Joe from the real imbalances of the country.

12. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Simon Davies

In amongst that adorably cute kittens purring it was nice to read what the Club is doing to help with the facilities that we have.

DubSpur and scaramanga like this.
  13. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

That was announced a while ago, obviously didn’t get much press coverage at the time as only negative Spurs stories get published.

Finney Is Back likes this.
  14. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Pat van den Hauwe

The maternity unit? I thought that was new? Previously it was being used as a food distribution point?

15. parklane1

parklane1 Gary Stevens

Do not hold your breath on that one mate, if i could be bothered i would run a book to see which member will be the first to bitch. I think we ALL know who that would be.

demotw and Grays_1890 like this.
  16. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Nick Barmby

Hope you have enough paper

parklane1 likes this.
  17. Baleforce

Baleforce Mel Hopkins

Ah right, I meant the other stuff we are doing at the stadium.

I bet it won’t be the headline that furloughing staff was though.

18. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Chris Jones

I think the club have done the right thing here. I’ll say again, I didn’t agree with the decision to furlough staff but I also understand why they did it.

It’s perfectly ok to large companies to listen to advice both internally (supporters groups etc) and externally and admit they got something wrong. Especially in these weird, unprecedented times we have seen the government make grave mistakes. No one is going to get it right all of the time.

Further from Hootnow’s post, I too consider my views on Levy quite moderate. In the real world I would be quite vocal in defending the club against fans of other clubs but amongst our own fans I am more likely to be critical and ask questions.

19. Legohamster

Legohamster Jimmy Neighbour

The amount of money saved on this scheme won’t stop the transfer money being spent if the club wants to, plus Levy’s pretty much said don’t expect transfers -

If we have to sell a key player to balance the books, levy has clearly done something wrong.

Unless he is of course but spending the pounds and missing out on players

20. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Frederic Kanoute

To be fair to them the turnaround came shortly after their piece. Levy also mentions them.

DubaiSpur likes this.