• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

As opposed to buses, taxis, cars, motorcycles and pedestrians.........:rolleyes:
Of course, if you take the wrong routes, you'll be stopped by everything.

I'm talking about a situation when the traffic is flowing (relatively) freely - it's not at all uncommon for a cyclist to leave the cycle lanes to overtake other cyclists, or pull into the right hand lane a long way before turning, or sit in front of cars that are endlessly faster to a start at a set of lights.

Of course, if you take the wrong routes, you'll be stopped by everything.

I'm talking about a situation when the traffic is flowing (relatively) freely - it's not at all uncommon for a cyclist to leave the cycle lanes to overtake other cyclists, or pull into the right hand lane a long way before turning, or sit in front of cars that are endlessly faster to a start at a set of lights.

In answer to your last reply to me as well. That's where there's integration nowadays. Not sure if this is something that's been implemented since you've left but there's a designated cycle area at the beginning of sets of traffic lights, so there's always going to be a delay for drivers whilst the bikes push off and get themselves to the cycle lane/side.

There are a LOT more cycles on the road now, like many smaller major cities I've experienced. That number will grow further since they have introduced alternatives to the TFL bikes, which can be left anywhere and paid for/unlocked through an app. They've also introduced electric bikes to hire recently.

In answer to your last reply to me as well. That's where there's integration nowadays. Not sure if this is something that's been implemented since you've left but there's a designated cycle area at the beginning of sets of traffic lights, so there's always going to be a delay for drivers whilst the bikes push off and get themselves to the cycle lane/side.
That's an issue for me and seems like the most ridiculous implementation possible. Why have the slowest moving vehicles at the front of the queue? Why can't they queue up in the cycle lane like drivers have to queue up in the real people lanes? I assume the implementation was so that cyclists who are turning right at the junction have space in which to do so, which is sensible but having them use that area for going forwards at a fraction of the speed of even the slowest cars is nothing short of ridiculous.

There are a LOT more cycles on the road now, like many smaller major cities I've experienced. That number will grow further since they have introduced alternatives to the TFL bikes, which can be left anywhere and paid for/unlocked through an app. They've also introduced electric bikes to hire recently.
I'm all for the number of cyclists increasing - especially if that's matched with a decrease in the number of cars in my way. My issue is when those cyclists leave their little box and get in my way - they shouldn't be allowed into the real world any more than us motorists are allowed into their little toy one on the left.

That's an issue for me and seems like the most ridiculous implementation possible. Why have the slowest moving vehicles at the front of the queue? Why can't they queue up in the cycle lane like drivers have to queue up in the real people lanes? I assume the implementation was so that cyclists who are turning right at the junction have space in which to do so, which is sensible but having them use that area for going forwards at a fraction of the speed of even the slowest cars is nothing short of ridiculous.

I'm all for the number of cyclists increasing - especially if that's matched with a decrease in the number of cars in my way. My issue is when those cyclists leave their little box and get in my way - they shouldn't be allowed into the real world any more than us motorists are allowed into their little toy one on the left.

Sincerely, you have a wonderful way with words.

Sorry I have been away in Canada with little coverage.

Well I think you will see a huge fringe cull, the likely lads such as Vorm, Llorente, Janssen etc will be out and clear alot of wages. Coming in not much in terms of names but from what I have been told they are serious and want to get their business done quick.

The main issue we have and this is my opinion, is once we start to show intent on names we are there to be shot at by clubs with more financial power, we have the funds to spend big this summer but not silly and that may be a stumble.

And it’s never easy to bed lots of new players at once. A refresh rather than overhaul. Getting a spine of elite level players would be awesome. CM, RB, one more quality forward. 3 top players would do it.

Then some youth prospects to fill out the squad either from the farm or bought in.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back