• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Without a doubt, i know there are some fans who still think he is holding us back at times but if you look at where we have come as a club since he arrived ( competing with all those money doped clubs) he has been a top chairman. I know a lot of fans who dropped a lot of interest during the 90's because of how we had stagnated as a club and now look at us, we have a top manager, a brilliant new ground, some real top players and a view of the future which is looking glorious.

Ah look, I'd have my criticisms of him in the last two transfer windows particularly and over the sackings of BMJ and Harry. But overall, he's done brilliantly. Just some missteps along the way. He's been here almost 20 years. Who doesn't make mistakes in that length of time. When I look at what he's achieved, I can't help but wonder what the people who want him out really expect. F**k me, my greatest professional achievement is the Excel spreadsheet I gave our accounting department. Kinda pales in comparison:)

If it hadn't been for the Russian crook and the oil money from the Middle East, we'd have several trophies and be top 4 regulars for the last decade. That he has us competing with those clubs and the other big boys is amazing.

Well done Dr Evil. You're one of our own.

Ah look, I'd have my criticisms of him in the last two transfer windows particularly and over the sackings of BMJ and Harry. But overall, he's done brilliantly. Just some missteps along the way. He's been here almost 20 years. Who doesn't make mistakes in that length of time. When I look at what he's achieved, I can't help but wonder what the people who want him out really expect. F**k me, my greatest professional achievement is the Excel spreadsheet I gave our accounting department. Kinda pales in comparison:)

If it hadn't been for the Russian crook and the oil money from the Middle East, we'd have several trophies and be top 4 regulars for the last decade. That he has us competing with those clubs and the other big boys is amazing.

I suppose the only thing about the doped clubs is it did break up the monopoly Goons and United looked like having over the title and then City have helped us make the same top 4 a more inter changeable top 6.

Funny enough i had my doubts about him with Jol and " rent a quote" as well, i was upset that he got rid of Jol ( especially the way he did it) and i actually hated the fact he employed " rent a quote" as he was the type of person i hoped we would never see as our manager.

However as you say he has achieved amazing things since being here and i am convinced there is not a better chairman in the game.

Funny enough i had my doubts about him with Jol and " rent a quote" as well, i was upset that he got rid of Jol ( especially the way he did it) and i actually hated the fact he employed " rent a quote" as he was the type of person i hoped we would never see as our manager.

However as you say he has achieved amazing things since being here and i am convinced there is not a better chairman in the game.

Funnily enough, I hated the appointment of Old Saggy Face too because I think he's a crook and had my doubts about his abilities. But, to be fair to him, he had us playing some brilliant football and had us challenging at a level we hadn't been for decades. I enjoyed his reign despite myself which is why I was tinkled Levy fired him. But in the long run, it's worked out well because Poch has brought us on several levels since. And he's done it with a proper vision and in arguably more trying circumstances.

Hopefully Levy will now fulfil many of our fans dreams and make some mega money signings and pay top wages to all without a thought as to if it is a sustainable business model and don't give a toss about the consequences of possibly having the best half empty stadium in the championship should things not work out. Its oh so easy to spend when it's not your money and don't have to be held accountable if it doesn't work out.

I see Pool spent £44m on agents' fees in the last 12 months
Whereas Spurs spent £11m, same as Woolwich.
Yet we signed nobody.

I can only think it’s staged payments. Levy doesn’t like playing clubs full amounts up front so can’t imagine he’s keen on paying agents up front either.

I may have said it before, but...I love Daniel Levy, his bald little head and all the amazing work he has done to get my club to where it is today.

He's up there with Bill Nicholson, IMO. Those two men basically made Spurs into the club it is today, and I hope we as fans will appreciate and remember them both fondly.

A well-designed Excel workbook that a whole accounting department can use without feeling the need to overwrite formulae or sneak in their own weird calculation sheets is no small thing. It’s up there with new stadia as far as I’m concerned. Good work.

A well-designed Excel workbook that a whole accounting department can use without feeling the need to overwrite formulae or sneak in their own weird calculation sheets is no small thing. It’s up there with new stadia as far as I’m concerned. Good work.

I thought so too but there was no opening ceremony, opera singers or fireworks. That was probably because I was dealing with accountants who know the price of everything and the value of nothing. Bastards.

Thanks for the recognition Sir.

We are absolutely on the same page here! Jol era remains one of my favourite times. Redknapp's a self-serving crook. But I think Levy's been on a learning curve and he's got it right with Poch!

Back