• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

As I've said many times the profile of the football fan has change, it's no longer people following their local club or one that their family has followed, it's now lots of people with low personal esteem who believe that success of a team reflects glory on themselves and makes them superior to others. Win, lose or draw Spurs results have and never will change who I am and what I've done in my life, I suppose I'm lucky and have got a life and don't need to grasp desperately to others achievements.

I love football!
Support Spurs AND England women and men's.
Sadly United growth coincided with Sky finance to some extent.
Don't mind any young or genuine fan from any team, even Chelsea......

Its not just on RedCafe, the 'joke' about empty trophy room is everywhere. To be fair, this is our longest trophy drought since the war so we really could do with winning something sometime soon.....
Ignore them. Football is about so much more than how many trophies you've won..

Especially given that trophy cabinets nowadays are merely a reflection of how much was spent to fill them. It's vapid.

Ignore them. Football is about so much more than how many trophies you've won..

Especially given that trophy cabinets nowadays are merely a reflection of how much was spent to fill them. It's vapid.

This .. does anyone think Emirates Marketing Project winning the league is an accomplishment? or any of Chelsea's (it's merely an expectation based on billion dollar squads)

Trophies are nice, but football is an escape, the only time that is ok to be tribal, and to do that with a club that isn't in cheat mode, tries to play the game the right way and has a responsable stance on community (living wage, hiring people from area, supporting charities) and has local players in squad, that's what we should enjoy not stats based validation. What next? how many likes does your club have?

Said it before, Levy is playing a long game, people may get frustrated but it will pay off .. (what are Chelsea's/City's long term fiscal prospects without constant money doping?)

If we spend another summer sitting on our hands and doing absolutely nothing, which is very possible, it will be interesting to observe how we rationalize it to ourselves, at least.

If we finish in the Europa League, it will likely be 'the players we want don't want to come to an EL side.' If we stay in the CL spots, it will be 'players don't want to compete against the ones already here / no one better than what we already have / insufficient 'liquidity' in the market, but we tried, honest guv'nor'.

Take yer pick. ;)

If we spend another summer sitting on our hands and doing absolutely nothing, which is very possible, it will be interesting to observe how we rationalize it to ourselves, at least.

If we finish in the Europa League, it will likely be 'the players we want don't want to come to an EL side.' If we stay in the CL spots, it will be 'players don't want to compete against the ones already here / no one better than what we already have / insufficient 'liquidity' in the market, but we tried, honest guv'nor'.

Take yer pick. ;)

Getting your voodoo doll of Levy and your pins out already i see. :rolleyes:

Take yer pick. ;)

Why is it very possible?
We now know what the ground cost
We have Poch secured long term
And IMo we will have CL football

Why is it very possible?
We now know what the ground cost
We have Poch secured long term
And IMo we will have CL football

Because of what Levy discouragingly cited as the reason for our lack of movement at the Trust meeting - 'lack of liquidity in the market.'

By which he means, the players we want aren't going to move at the prices we're willing to pay.

Problem is, the price we're willing to pay is zero. Or at least, zero net spend.

Which means a lot of the players Poch probably wants ('sofas, not chairs') are out of our grasp. Which means we might end up doing nothing, because Poch doesn't want Levy's Cheapo Bargain Bin Nelsen-and-Saha Specials as substitutes.

It's possible. Is it likely? Don't know. Is it very, very possible? Certainly.

Because of what Levy discouragingly cited as the reason for our lack of movement at the Trust meeting - 'lack of liquidity in the market.'

By which he means, the players we want aren't going to move at the prices we're willing to pay.

Problem is, the price we're willing to pay is zero. Or at least, zero net spend.

Which means a lot of the players Poch probably wants ('sofas, not chairs') are out of our grasp. Which means we might end up doing nothing, because Poch doesn't want Levy's Cheapo Bargain Bin Nelsen-and-Saha Specials as substitutes.

It's possible. Is it likely? Don't know. Is it very, very possible? Certainly.

That’s not how I read it
What I believe it meant was there wasn’t many transfer happening which was true
People quickly forget it was a World Cup summer and a very short break in between which has a multitudes of issues
Add in that we were in the middle of a huge investment project which we didn’t know the end of cost of and would you gamble on a £50m buy like Fred (one who Poch said he wanted)?

We need a proper song for him. I need help:

Sleigh bells ring, are you listening?
In the lane, snow is glistening
A beautiful sight
We're happy tonight
Walking in a winter wonderland

[Arsenal]____are you listening?
At the Lane ________
A beautiful sight
We're happy tonight
Watching in a Levy wonderland

------