1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Howard Webb, 8 Feb 2012.

1. Howard Webb

Howard Webb Clive Wilson

Happy birthday dan levy, happy birthday to you

2. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

Should done a Haiku instead

3. Mr. Green

Mr. Green Stephen Kelly

The day Harry got a not guilty verdict? It has to be a coincidence?

4. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Gerry Armstrong

Levy's watch

The agent of Roman Pavlyuchenko has described Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy as a "clever man".

Oleg Artemov managed to get Pavlyuchenko to Lokomotiv Moscow last week.

Asked about Levy, Artemov told Sports.ru: "He is a clever man, he knows the game through and through, a very shrewd negotiator. A few times we met casually and he would wear trainers and jeans, though his ?ú200 000 watch gave him away."

----------------------------

I know the rich and famous likes to do crazy things with their money but why do you need a 200,000 watch anyway ?
    Some people can only earn that 200,000 in 10 or 20 years of working hard !

5. Superhudd

Superhudd Simon Davies

I don't see the problem with it tbh. You earn it you spend it how you see fit.

The most expensive comic is over $2m... why not, if you like something.

I think its more when there is a cross over, when well off people, celebs ask the less well off to give money to charity I see more a problem.

6. GlennGoddle

GlennGoddle Andy Sinton

I'd imagine he has worked his gonad*s off for the dough he has too. Would you wear a casio if you were a multi-millionaire?

7. Alaric

Alaric Radek Cerny

Frankly, I don't care what watch he wears. I do like to hear the first part of that quote however, "he is a very clever man, he knows the game through and through, a very shrewd negotiator.". That is the only part I care about.

8. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Steffen Iversen

The interview is in Russian. Clearly the 200,000 was originally in rubles. 200k rubles is around 4k sterling.

9. Ralphy Coates

Ralphy Coates Reto Ziegler

What kind of watch?! ?ú200,000!!? Does it toss you off?!

10. Enter the Pitbull

Enter the Pitbull Luke Young

Yes.

According to the Sun yesterday, Tottenham Hotspur Croatian football player Vedran Corluka swapped watches with a nightclub waiter after the waiter complimented him about his watch.

The player was on a night out at the London nightclub Whisky Mist when the waited commented on his diamond encrusted Hublot watch, when Corluka, whose nickname is 'Charlie', then took the watch off and handed it over to the surprised waiter.

A club spokesman from Tottenham confirmed that the Premier League player aged 25, who joined Tottenham in 2008 for a fee in excess of ?ú5 Million told the waiter, 'Let's swap' after receiving the compliment and then exchanged watches with the waiter who at first thought it was a joke.

It is reported that the watch was a diamond encrusted Hublot which was worth around about ?ú36,000, whilst the waiters watch was a mere Seiko worth around ?ú100 !

Tottenham supporters will be hoping that next season their defence may not be so charitable as a host of mistakes at the back during the run in at the end of this season cost them a Champions League place, including an own goal by Peter Crouch in the crucial 6 pointer against Emirates Marketing Project.

11. Storky

Storky Danny Murphy

Stories like that make me feel a little better about humanity - and then I see Kim Kardashian on the cover of a magazine at the supermarket and it all goes out the window.

12. spasm

spasm Didier Zokora

his money..

13. Spurs7891

If a fringe player like Corluka can wear a watch worth 36,000, I guess nothing wrong with the club chairman wearing a watch worth 200,000 ! Today's football players get pampered too much. Just imagine, their only work is to just play football and earn millions !

14. GLENROYID

GLENROYID Ruel Fox

Thats only 1/4 of the cost of mine.

15. Boonie

Boonie Ramon Vega

Good investment too...if he bought the right one. Probably a Patek.

16. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

I would have thought a Patek Philippe myself.

Could be a gift from Scara

17. Spurs7891

I have never had any watch worth more than 50 and even that I consider too expensive. Why do you need an expensive watch anyway ? You only need to know the time !

18. GLENROYID

GLENROYID Ruel Fox

I think most people buy expensive watches to look flash, my watch cost me ?ú250 but i usually check my phone for the time!

19. Leeds Spur

Leeds Spur Banned

Why do you need an expensive house? Only a place to sleep. Why do you need an expensive car, only got 4 wheels and gets you from A to B?? Etc etc. rich people like expensive things. Deal with it.

20. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Michael Carrick

Been wearing the same ?ú5.00 Limit from our local market place for several years now. Much loved it is too. Had several new batteries and straps of course but it still keeps time and looks handsome if a little tarnished.

Frankly, expensive watches, jewelry etc suggest insecurity.