• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Agger??? what is the world coming to????

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you are being honest. at the start of the window if both Lovren and Agger were available who would you of wanted at Spurs?

Surely that depends on which players you are looking to move on and how much you are prepared for Lovren

No it depends on who is the better player why complicate things? I'd have Agger.

If you have Vertonghen as one of your CBs then Lovren is a better fit. I'm not overly convinced by either though, Lovren had a strong six months and then looked pretty flakey after that, I also thought Charlie outperformed him at the WC. Agger's been a bit of a crock lately, was a decent player before that but haven't seen enough lately to say I'd be happy with us signing him(I don't see us signing him by the way).

Lovren is massively over rated Offa half decent season. He is a Decent centre back back but no more than that

Anger for me is very similar although more proven (and older) and now more injury prone.

I'd have brought Lovren for £12m max and I'd buy after for £6m max based on their recent track records

Always thought he was a decent CB. Wouldnt be my ideal choice however if the price is right then I dont think its a stupid signing

If Pochettino thinks he is good enough for Spurs, then thats good enough for me. There is a reason why is a football manager and I am not, so I will back his decision

Why pool would keep Skrtel over Agger is beyond me. The only thing Skrtel excels in is making huge mistakes and putting the ball in the wrong net.

The obvious answer is that Rodgers prefers Skretl and has played him over Agger fairly consistently.

The follow up question is then why does Rodgers prefer Skrtel? I'm guessing injuries and lack of form for Agger plays a large part in that. It's been a while since Agger was a consistent high performer.

Ron Vlaar for 4-8 mill would be a smarter buy than Agger too....would be a good partner for his fellow countryman Vertonghen

I would actually prefer Vlaar too. Cheaper, and not nearly as plagued by injuries. If we're replacing Kaboul it wouldn't be good to get another injury troubled CB as his replacement. If we're keeping Kaboul we'd have two potentially injury plagued centre backs.

I would also worry slightly about Agger seeing us as a step down and a sign that he's in decline. Doesn't he have some YNWA tattoo? And he's been linked with Barca and similar clubs in the past. Not sure he would be delighted about ending up with us. Vlaar on the other hand would see us as his chance at proving himself at the biggest stage, finally getting his opportunity.

If we could get Agger fully motivated, fit and in form he would be a fantastic signing though. Not sure about the likelihood of that though.

Poor lad, was a rare quality centre back from numerous brick ones at Liverpool. Would have been a good signing a couple of years ago if it wasn't for his injury situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back