• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Agger??? what is the world coming to????

Status
Not open for further replies.

veron23

Banned
Wind Up Merchant
Tottenham launch Agger bid
Tottenham are staging a £12 million move for out-of-favour Liverpool centre-back Daniel Agger. The 29-year-old is fully expected to leave Anfield this summer and could join Mauricio Pochettino's Spurs.

Not a bad player , although I take it you disapprove. :p Seems like a completely unsubstantiated rumor, but I wouldn't mind if we got Agger instead of Musacchio, given the young talent we have at the club (Dier and Veljkovic) in the CB position.

Not a bad player , although I take it you disapprove. :p Seems like a completely unsubstantiated rumor, but I wouldn't mind if we got Agger instead of Musacchio, given the young talent we have at the club (Dier and Veljkovic) in the CB position.

its more the fact that he's a liverpool reject that would bother me and the fact they got Lovren and we subject ourselves to going for their second string. It doesn't sit well with me and solidifies the notion that the tides have turned. liverpool are getting their targets and we are going for 3rd 4th and 5th choices.

Last edited:

kaboul/dier/veljikovic---vert/agger/fryers

I'd be happy with that (sell daws and chiriches).

No idea what happened with Agger. Injuries caught upwith him I suppose,but when Skrtl is ahead of you, maybe it is time to move on.

I'd take Agger over Lovren every ****ing day of the week! Can't believe they want to get rid of him! Most pool fans are certainly not happy about it!

its more the fact that he's a liverpool reject that would bother me and the fact they got Lovren and we subject ourselves to going for their second string. It doesn't sit well with me and solidifies the notion that the tides have turned. liverpool are getting their targets and we are going for 3rd 4th and 5th choices.

When you put it that way, I agree, it's unfortunate that they've overtaken us in terms of securing the targets they want while we shop for their cast-offs, but it was always going to happen once they secured CL football again. But that doesn't mean that they won't make mistakes along the way, and in my opinion getting rid of Agger is a big mistake. And if they're willing to let us capitalise on their error, why not try to do so?

I'd say they are pretty much even, but Agger is more of a threat in the opposition box. Lovren has had one ok season, not been impressed, Agger has been a proven PL cb for years!

I'd say they are pretty much even, but Agger is more of a threat in the opposition box. Lovren has had one ok season, not been impressed, Agger has been a proven PL cb for years!

ok season? alot of pundits and ex players had him as defender and overall signing of the season!

Why pool would keep Skrtel over Agger is beyond me. The only thing Skrtel excels in is making huge mistakes and putting the ball in the wrong net.

Liverpool dont even want to sell him, its him who was begging to be let go to join Barca. But now Barca have signed Vermaalen, i doubt Agger will take a step down to join Spurs.

If Dawson is going to be sold, we need to bring in an experienced replacement. Agger more than fits the bill and I think would be an astute signing.

All I am interested in is will he improve our squad. I think that he would.

If Dawson is going to be sold, we need to bring in an experienced replacement. Agger more than fits the bill and I think would be an astute signing.

Lescott would have been a far more astute signing then. 12 mill for a 29 year old injury prone centre half is not smart imo. Heck even Rio Ferdinand would have been a better experienced signing. It seems Dawson has been for sale since Poch came in, so its not like we couldnt have gone in for those two earlier in the window

Ron Vlaar for 4-8 mill would be a smarter buy than Agger too....would be a good partner for his fellow countryman Vertonghen

They did at Xmas, his performance levels dropped after that. Had two pretty poor showings against us too.

if you are being honest. at the start of the window if both Lovren and Agger were available who would you of wanted at Spurs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back