• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

It's about 15 miles west of Windermere on the road to Eskdale from memory. It's a bitch of a climb with some brutally steep sections.

Steep????

Fcuk me I was walking some of it.

Brought my lad is first beer in a pub and we sat outside drinking it. The guys next to us were putting salt and sugar in there water bottles.

I must have lost so much weight this week. I love the lake district. The is some amazing riding up here.

Steep????

Fcuk me I was walking some of it.

Brought my lad is first beer in a pub and we sat outside drinking it. The guys next to us were putting salt and sugar in there water bottles.

I must have lost so much weight this week. I love the lake district. The is some amazing riding up here.
Ha ha you were warned. Beautiful part of the world and yes some really great riding.

I haven't had much of a chance to follow this year but what happened with the fella that was picked ahead of Cavendish? Has he had a good tour?

I haven't had much of a chance to follow this year but what happened with the fella that was picked ahead of Cavendish? Has he had a good tour?
Jacobsen?
Not good in a nutshell.

Only managed to stay on the tour by 15secs.

Won stage 2 in his homeland though.

It's hard to say whether Cav would have clocked up more stages?..it's not been a sprinters tour imo

I haven't followed it that much but it was discussed briefly yesterday and Fabio Jacobsen won the 2nd stage. I get the impression that there has been so many teams actually racing on every stage that Qucikstep haven't had the chance to get a lead out train working properly for him.

Yea there’s barely been a stage where the sprint teams have had an opportunity to launch. Think it’s made for a good tour. Don’t mind a sprint finish but sometimes you get 5 or 6 stages of it on the tdf and doesn’t make for great stages until the last 5k

Last edited:
It’s worrying, we know what Ullrich and Postal were up to.

I’ve always considered Cav clean, although the fact he wasn’t mentioned once in Friebe’s book, despite having some crossover with T-Mobile surprised me. Even more so with how close Friebe and Cav are.

Lance is Lance, he’s the public face of a generational issue.

Back