• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Last week I was chatting to a friend - he is a journalist that covers the Tour de France - he says the winner only gets about EUR100k and it drops off massively so if you come 10th you only get like EUR10k... and you are supposed to share your winnings with your team... so you get almost zero prize money for slogging your nuts off for weeks on end. Crazy people

Last week I was chatting to a friend - he is a journalist that covers the Tour de France - he says the winner only gets about EUR100k and it drops off massively so if you come 10th you only get like EUR10k... and you are supposed to share your winnings with your team... so you get almost zero prize money for slogging your nuts off for weeks on end. Crazy people

They have contracts with their teams and appearance fees for one of races.

Rules: Take all the performance enhancing drugs you like - nobody actually gives a fudge.
They should just have a drug Olympics, see how far they can actually take it, without pussy footing around testing. I'd watch that. The kid you grew up knowing, who could do five purple ohms, a bag of speed and twenty doves in one night - world champ in the making.

They should just have a drug Olympics, see how far they can actually take it, without pussy footing around testing. I'd watch that. The kid you grew up knowing, who could do five purple ohms, a bag of speed and twenty doves in one night - world champ in the making.
I'd care about that. Well, maybe care is too strong but I'd find it significantly more interesting than the current format.

cycling aired it's dirty laundry in public, plenty of pro sports with their head in the sand over doping

Probably one of the cleanest sports the is.

The blood passport was a brilliant idea, finally. They are also tested a lot more then the junkies that play tennis. The will still be cyclists that try and get away with it but it is far cleaner then other sports.

It's ridiculous he is winning races at this age. He never even was on a racing bike until 2 years ago.
He was at PSV u16s and got injured and took up cycling.

But Quick Step are the dirtiest team in cycling right now.
He's the new Merckx and will win everything going. Grand Tours, Classics, the lot.

Yeah I have been aware of him since the junior classics, something very fishy but my GHod he looks to have it all. Decent grasp of tactics for one so young. Think he is a once in a generation type talent. Freaky.

Back