• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

That will never happen unless Froome is out of contention. But you could see that Landa wasn't happy when he had to come down and bring Froome up again on Sunday. When they caught up, Landa left Froome immediately!

Landa has previous though with attacking his team leader in the grand tour.
He ripped out his ear piece at the 2015 Vuelta http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/vuelta-a-espana-i-needed-a-win-so-i-took-my-day-says-mikel-landa/

I can see him going in the Alps. 3 or 4 days at war with his team would be easier for him than spending a week and half with them after attacking Froome.

Do not like the sky way of cycling but congrats to Froome he is very strong in the mountains.

Not followed as much as I would like of the cycling in Spain and UK the last few weeks due to a lack of time. Really really looking forward to the worlds though.

What I did catch of the Vuelta and I have to say that Colombian Lopez looks an absolute star of the future, lovely rider.

The worlds starting in Norway

Think Quickstep will win team time trial.

Want to see Sagan win a treble of back to back worlds, even if he should have been shot for assaulting Cav in the summer, Cav said he was targeting the worlds as well. I hope he can do it when it comes to Yorkshire next year.

That was damn cool, Lemonade. I'm not fussed about bikes, but that was cool. Also it is now showing me a link to a bike with triangular wheels... I gotsta click it. Down the rabbit hole I go...

Another elite athlete in prime physical shape who says he's got asthma. Amazing how many of them have conditions that require performance enhancing medication. ;) Maybe instead of allowing fat wheezy kids to bunk off Games at school, we should insist they take part - they will be our future Olympians. Sorry, I mean Olympic Heroes.

Never trusted this fudger. He’s the only person in the history of professional cycling who went from domestique also-ran in his mid-20s to multiple Grand Tour winner. His numbers dont stack up; just like Dave Brailsford’s credibility.

The was always something off about Froome, the way him and Wiggins transformed into elite GC cyclists was just not realistic.

I feel the sprinters are leading the way in the peloton in trying to clean up the sport. Kittel and the Germans are doing a lot of good work in this area.

I feel the British though might be able to get away with it and say they did not break any laws, they have been dishonest and played the system and I have no faith in them. I love cycling and spending an afternoon watching the cycling in a tour race or a classic is one of life's great pleasures and the sport could be clean but you have scumbags like Brailsford who will always try to cheat. It is also so sad because we have a lot of talented young cyclists.

Also should add that the 6 day racing in London is actually one of my favourite nights out in the year.

If Froome was cheating he got caught on purpose.

This offers no benefit and is guaranteed to be detected.

He’s done what lots have done - in a desperate situation in a race his team used a medical condition to try to gain an advantage. He had lost 47 seconds the day before the failed test and regained 22 of them on the day he was tested. Brailsford would call it a marginal gain, no doubt. Many would call it cheating as he exceeded the permitted level. If it wasn’t something to worry about surely Sky could have approached the race doctor, which makes you wonder if the asthma medication was masking something else too.

He’s done what lots have done - in a desperate situation in a race his team used a medical condition to try to gain an advantage. He had lost 47 seconds the day before the failed test and regained 22 of them on the day he was tested. Brailsford would call it a marginal gain, no doubt. Many would call it cheating as he exceeded the permitted level. If it wasn’t something to worry about surely Sky could have approached the race doctor, which makes you wonder if the asthma medication was masking something else too.

expert opinion here.

http://www.velonews.com/2017/12/news/anti-doping-expert-on-froome-it-doesnt-quite-add-up_453381

as to why that doesn't work with salbutamol

They thought it didn’t work with lots of other drugs in the Armstrong era - that was until the ability to test retrospectively and effectively caught up...and look at Lance now. Recent cycling history has shown that the cheats are usually a step ahead, at least in the short term.

Two scandals in a year in a team who were going to be whiter than white is odd at the least. Everything about the Wiggins’ Jiffy bag episode stinks too.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the British press has taken the moral high ground on the rest of the world on these things, but its all coming back to haunt us.

Sky are the new Motorola

Back