• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

if you like cycling and you like money, you need to back richie porte to win the tour de france, 10/1 with ladbrokes, 4/1 elsewhere.

Today is why I never bet on cycling, to many crashes.

I said Porte would not do it as he was a bottler. I think that was slightly unfair, is form was better then I expected and for the sport it is a shame he crashed.

Got to say it is starting to become a thing with Thomas now, he had so much going for him in terms of prospects at the Giro and also the Olympic road race and although he had to work for Froome he could have targeted the last time trial as well.

Yeah, quite a few potential stage winners and top 10 candidates have crashed out already. That's a shame, but there is still a long way to go, and Froome most certainly hasn't won it yet.

Today is why I never bet on cycling, to many crashes.

I said Porte would not do it as he was a bottler. I think that was slightly unfair, is form was better then I expected and for the sport it is a shame he crashed.

Got to say it is starting to become a thing with Thomas now, he had so much going for him in terms of prospects at the Giro and also the Olympic road race and although he had to work for Froome he could have targeted the last time trial as well.

It's a thing for Porte as well at this stage. The guy can't descent in the wet. He is always losing it around corners.

Dan Martin is another that if there is crash somewhere he's end up finding it. The team trial crash in the 2014 Giro was ridiculous.

Wasn't Froome known for being a bit rubbish on the scary downhill sections.. Has he improved or just being extra cautious nowadays?

Wasn't Froome known for being a bit rubbish on the scary downhill sections.. Has he improved or just being extra cautious nowadays?

That came out of him complaining about the safety of the descents in 2013.
Wiggins was the one that had the yips on the descents in the giro that year.

Froome now goes down in a crazy descending position that looks dangerous.

Sir+Cliff+Richard+2.jpg

That's the point!
Off to the French Alps this Friday, for a bit of that. Not as fast of course, but fast enough to brick myself.
A friend recently went mountain biking in LA. He's a pilot. I saw him last Tuesday, he flew out to LA on Weds. He rented a mountain bike Friday... hit some soft sand on a downhill and his wheel slid out. Dislocated his shoulder badly, really hurt himself. Flew back on the weekend. Found out yesterday he needs to have an operation with pins and a plate. Saw him on the school run today. He is not enjoying life right now.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/brailsford-launches-rant-against-cyclingnews-journalist/

Brailsford has refused to answer questions about that and the on-going investigation into wrongdoing at Team Sky by UK Anti-doping.

Last week Brailsford refused to allow Cyclingnews Editor in Chief Daniel Benson participate in an interview he gave after the stage to Chambery, insisting he move away.

This time he appeared angry about a special feature written by Ryan and published on the eve of the Tour de France called “Strong and stable? Dave Brailsford's year of saying nothing”.

When Ryan asked Brailsford what parts of the piece before the Tour de France he considered inaccurate, Brailsford replied: "I'm not getting into that. It was opinion, you write brick.

“We make ourselves available, we answer all the questions and you write this brick.”

The heated exchanged continued. Ryan suggested that the only other person to act like this (with the media) was Bruyneel when he barred Sporza at the 2009 Tour de France.

Brailsford replied: “Are you accusing me of running a doping programme as well?”

Ryan said: “Well, UK Anti-Doping are investigating that...”

At that point Brailsford said, “You can stick it up your arse” and walked off.

Team Sky refused to make an official comment on the incident. Brailsford refused to apologise or backtrack on his comments. He joined Froome and the rest of Team Sky on a training ride. The team made it clear to a number British print media that he would not be giving interviews on his return.

Best Tour De France ever for the GC so far, could be anybodys, would like Landa to go out and attack, he is leaving sky at the end of the season anyway.

Best Tour De France ever for the GC so far, could be anybodys, would like Landa to go out and attack, he is leaving sky at the end of the season anyway.
That will never happen unless Froome is out of contention. But you could see that Landa wasn't happy when he had to come down and bring Froome up again on Sunday. When they caught up, Landa left Froome immediately!

Back