• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

He is spot on about the people that make these claims. But wiggins much like evans has the data to prove he does not dope, because nothing wiggins or evans do is out of the normal, there times on different types of stages are what you would expect and the improvements in there form has come steadily over years.

Unlike Armstrong who posted some at times odd results the is nothing to suggest wiggins or evans or even Schleck ever dope.

Got to say im suprised by what is happening with cavendish and some sort of deal must have been struck before the tour. Thing is with Froome riding so well and being younger next year might be the same with sky focusing on him. I think Cavendish made a mistake in going to sky. Anyone remember how long his contract is?

His bank balance will probably disagree.
Thing is, you listen to him speak and he is all about the team this time round. Think I remember his saying a tour win for Sky is more important that his own ambitions.
I won't be suprised if its a case of: Listen Cav, It's now or never for Wiggo, put 100% in this year, next year we'll make the focus on you to surpass Bernard Hinault's record of Stage wins. (Of which he's only 6 behind).

Its between Wiggins and Froome but Ultimately the race is over. Haven't seen this since the Indurain years.

Evans needs to beat Wiggins with at least 3 minutes on the remaining mountain stages. Never been a very aggressive rider.

There's only one way anyone could challenge Wiggins now and that's eating some huge steaks on the rest day.

I'm not one for road racing as its too long. Living the time trials though. Really grabs your attention. Wiggins looking great!

Sky have taken some stick over the Cav issue but look at their position now.

Last edited:
World time-trial champion Tony Martin has withdrawn from the remainder of the Tour de France ahead of Olympics

French rider Remy Di Gregorio was being detained for questioning by French police, a gendarmerie source said on Tuesday.

Cofidis rider Di Gregorio, who was on the Tour de France, was transferred to his hometown of Marseille.

The source added that Di Gregorio was being questioned with two other people after an investigation was opened into alleged doping substances trafficking.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/07/10/uk-cycling-tour-digregorio-idUKBRE8690LO20120710

French rider Remy Di Gregorio was being detained for questioning by French police, a gendarmerie source said on Tuesday.

Cofidis rider Di Gregorio, who was on the Tour de France, was transferred to his hometown of Marseille.

The source added that Di Gregorio was being questioned with two other people after an investigation was opened into alleged doping substances trafficking.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2012/07/10/uk-cycling-tour-digregorio-idUKBRE8690LO20120710

Tweet going around "Kudos to the French police who found Rémi di Gregorio because nobody watching the race has seen him."

According to L'equipe the French police have been tracking him since they did an investigation into the Astana team he was on last year. That him, Contador and Vinokourov all been caught doping while with Astana.

Interesting tweet from http://twitter.com/@jeremycwhittle who wrote David Millar's book

https://twitter.com/jeremycwhittle/status/222667610569981952
"I spent a day with Remy di G a few years back; he was a whippet climber, clearly anti doping and very wide-eyed. Sad news"

Sky have taken some stick over the Cav issue but look at their position now.

Sky are arseholes i hate what they have done to the greatest cyclist in our history in the history of the world i love mark cavendish and i wish i could give him a cuddle and tell him everything will be alright.

I may have watched the loneliness of the marathon runner to many times but i hope he is powering up the mall and then says "nah" puts down his bike and walks off, i would meet him for a coffee for sure and i dont even like coffee. The olypmics is brick and the tour de france is all that matters. Im disgusted with sky.

Anyone seen Nibali's dummy ? Tremendous. He suggests he does not repsect Wiggins. Goes on a solo break, gets caught and Wiggins looks back as he crosses the line after they catch him to give him a wave. The Tour does need some more excitement and it just got some. Yay. Nibali is so worried by Sky's strength he is desperately trying to form aliances with anyone who will help out to try to dent Wiggins and Froome. What a gaylord.

Anyone seen Nibali's dummy ? Tremendous. He suggests he does not repsect Wiggins. Goes on a solo break, gets caught and Wiggins looks back as he crosses the line after they catch him to give him a wave. The Tour does need some more excitement and it just got some. Yay. Nibali is so worried by Sky's strength he is desperately trying to form aliances with anyone who will help out to try to dent Wiggins and Froome. What a gaylord.

Nibali only had Sagan to help him through the mountains through. Not the best man to have on those gradients.
Wiggo has the whole team behind him, where the f^&% is Hincapie for Evans, where's the rest of the Cannondale team? I hope the rest pull out there finger or it could turn into a non-event.

It's Wiggo's tour to lose this year make no mistake. Just a shame we're not going to see a proper battle.

Imagine the Schlecks, Contador, Wiggo, Nibali, Menchov Hejedal all vying for top spot heading into the final week.

He is tinkling me right off, if he wants respect you earn it. He attacked but could not shake wiggins off so what does he expect for wiggins to sit back and just take it.

Evans just done a nice attack as i type. But team sky are looking ok so far and rogers is doing a great job for wiggins.

Nibali only had Sagan to help him through the mountains through. Not the best man to have on those gradients.
Wiggo has the whole team behind him, where the f^&% is Hincapie for Evans, where's the rest of the Cannondale team? I hope the rest pull out there finger or it could turn into a non-event.

It's Wiggo's tour to lose this year make no mistake. Just a shame we're not going to see a proper battle.

Imagine the Schlecks, Contador, Wiggo, Nibali, Menchov Hejedal all vying for top spot heading into the final week.

Evans couldn't keep up with Van Gerderan earlier!!!

I think Froom could have won the tour if he didn't have Wiggins to look after. Does a lot of work and still looks sharper in the climbs.

I think Froom could have won the tour if he didn't have Wiggins to look after. Does a lot of work and still looks sharper in the climbs.

I think the 2 time trials favour Wiggins and he would do it over Froome....but its great to have two great riders!!

That's the way it is I suppose, you do your time to earn the opportunity to be the senior rider

Back