• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

Agreed.
On your bike are very good and helpful. But they don't stock Specialized. (my steed of choice).

TdF tomorrow. And STILL no ORT.:cry:

Am looking forward to TdF, Prologue tomorrow, keeping my eye on Wiggins of course, but the head to heads with Evans on the Mountains will be worth the wait.

Hate the roads myself, I've a route to work that is five miles of bridleway over the the North downs and M25. So coming to work I get to stick it to the traffic jams and on the way home I've got 700 ft of one in four DOWNHILL to look forward to!

Agreed.
On your bike are very good and helpful. But they don't stock Specialized. (my steed of choice).

TdF tomorrow. And STILL no ORT.:cry:

mark will have a fit if you do a different thread best to keep it in here

Im hoping for a tony martin win tomorrow with wiggins up close. Then even though sunday is meant to be hilly with cavs new slim physique i epect him to be up there for the sprint but maybe it is made for gilbert, really interested to see just how much power cav has lost or if he is playing mind games to make some of the other teams do some chasing for the sprint finishes.

Would not be the first time he has played mind games.

GHod i love the tour de france, my favourite ever sporting event. I love Mark Cavendish so much i think i would act like a teenage girl at a boy band concert if i ever met him.

Two e/w bets for the Tour De France:

Jurgen Van Den Broeck @ 25/1
Ryder Hesjedal @ 50/1

Never had a bet on it before and I am new to the world of cycling. But Bradley Wiggins is near enough evens, and Cadel Evans is too short so just playing with a bit of e/w value for fun.

mark will have a fit if you do a different thread best to keep it in here

Im hoping for a tony martin win tomorrow with wiggins up close. Then even though sunday is meant to be hilly with cavs new slim physique i epect him to be up there for the sprint but maybe it is made for gilbert, really interested to see just how much power cav has lost or if he is playing mind games to make some of the other teams do some chasing for the sprint finishes.

Would not be the first time he has played mind games.

GHod i love the tour de france, my favourite ever sporting event. I love Mark Cavendish so much i think i would act like a teenage girl at a boy band concert if i ever met him.

Gotta agree about my love for the TdF. Not so with Cav.
I've been waiting 11 months and 1 week for this. Although I find prologues and TTT boring.

No way, I love the TDF, in my eyes those cyclists are the ultimate sports people

Im just teasing mate, you would be impressed with me today, 40 mile ride and a 5 mile jog, im fudging dog brick and jogging but im keeping at it. Also been clearing the garden, im as stiff as a virgins **** now.

Sagan looked awesome and followed up this seasons very good results, he really does look like the future. Im gutted for tony martin yesterday because after cav he is my favourite cyclist and the one i like to think i ride most similar to.

I wonder if sagan is going to dominate the sport over the next 10 years, when you think he can sprint the hilly stages like hushvold use to and he can also do the time trials. The fact that he is only 22 is amazing. Might be like the tennis when we all thought no one would be better then sampras and then roger came along. I think sagan could end up with as many stages as cav in future seasons.

Of course tomorrow is the big one, cav always starts badly, i remember having this conversation on a yearly basis with clarky(where has he gone to again?) i don't know how much strength he has lost it will be interesting to see. I just hate griepel and do not want to see him dominate the sprints.

I said at the time i thought team sky was the wrong move for cav, i guess we wont know till after net years tour as he seems to be almost writing this years one off because of the olympics. Though it was interesting to see him steal race for the points today, nto that it will matter the organisers will punish him for nothing again and dock him 25 points at some point.

Love the tour, my favourite sporting event of the year even if football is still my favourite sport.

Enjoy tomorrow fellas, i will not be watching live but watching the highlights package, long busy day for me tomorrow, get to see if the insurance pays up on my wreck of a house.

fudge you to evveryone fudge everyone and everything i was so nervous watching that bt my GHod is cav is not some sort of GHod then i do not know what. Love him love him love him.

What a sprint and to come from behind like that(dont get excited DHSF) he has shown he is the greatest sprinter of all time. Going to be a hard tour for him because im suprised at how little help sky offered him, think as the tour goes on they will have to offer him more then that. That really was his best sprint today as far as i could tell.

The pre stage favourite has won every stage so far.
Cav again tomorrow?

I hope so, got to say that sagan looks different quality, that boy is going to win a hell of a lot of stages in the future. Should be an awesome classic rider and seeing how wiggins has come on the last few years who is to say he could not win the tour in a few years time, of course we have to see how he copes with the real big stuff and not little hills in northern france.

I am shocked that sky have seemed to have let cavendish do it all on his own, imagine wiggins does win this year would it be the same next year and leave cav all on his own again. He is world champion and the defending green jersey winner. I am obviously a little biased but how they are treating him is not on at all. It shows what a great cyclist he is to still be winning a sprint like yesterday without any help what so ever, but i wonder if griepel leaves his sprint a little later or times it better if cav can beat hi without the help of a launch.

He really should not have been put in this position by team sky, i never thought it was a good move him going there and i still do not. He seems to want to defend the green jersey the way he is going for the sprint points early in the stage. But the way sagan can pick up points on the hilly stages it may cost cav.

How anyone can say cycling is boring with everything that is going on in the tour at the moment i don't know. Menchov losing time and my second favourite cyclist Tony Martin struggling with injuries but i still fancy him to do something in one of the long time trials.

Cycling and the tour de france is amazing, they should force school kids to watch this.

I hope so, got to say that sagan looks different quality, that boy is going to win a hell of a lot of stages in the future. Should be an awesome classic rider and seeing how wiggins has come on the last few years who is to say he could not win the tour in a few years time, of course we have to see how he copes with the real big stuff and not little hills in northern france.

I am shocked that sky have seemed to have let cavendish do it all on his own, imagine wiggins does win this year would it be the same next year and leave cav all on his own again. He is world champion and the defending green jersey winner. I am obviously a little biased but how they are treating him is not on at all. It shows what a great cyclist he is to still be winning a sprint like yesterday without any help what so ever, but i wonder if griepel leaves his sprint a little later or times it better if cav can beat hi without the help of a launch.

He really should not have been put in this position by team sky, i never thought it was a good move him going there and i still do not. He seems to want to defend the green jersey the way he is going for the sprint points early in the stage. But the way sagan can pick up points on the hilly stages it may cost cav.

How anyone can say cycling is boring with everything that is going on in the tour at the moment i don't know. Menchov losing time and my second favourite cyclist Tony Martin struggling with injuries but i still fancy him to do something in one of the long time trials.

Cycling and the tour de france is amazing, they should force school kids to watch this.

Menchov got his time back as he was in the peloton with 3km to go.

If Sky sent a train up with Cav to contest the sprints then the other sprints team will get tinkled that they worked to get the breakaway back and Sky did nothing til the end. The next time they'd just let the breakaway go and make Sky to all the work like they used to HTC. They know they can't compete with Cav in a sprint when he has a lead out.

Griepel goes early that's his style. I can't see him changing that. What Lotto might try to do though is put one of their riders on his wheel, so no one can follow him, then peel off when he attacks.

I can't see Cav making it in to the 3rd week of the tour. The Olympics is that important to him. Sagan seems a certainty for the green jersey regardless. The Olympics was one of the main reasons he joined Sky. Sky are practically the British Olympic team with David Brailsford heading up both. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2013.

Sky Sports Olympics @SkyOlympics

Millar is joined by Mark Cavendish, Bradley Wiggins, Chris Froome and Ian Stannard in the five-man team.

Menchov got his time back as he was in the peloton with 3km to go.

If Sky sent a train up with Cav to contest the sprints then the other sprints team will get tinkled that they worked to get the breakaway back and Sky did nothing til the end. The next time they'd just let the breakaway go and make Sky to all the work like they used to HTC. They know they can't compete with Cav in a sprint when he has a lead out.

Griepel goes early that's his style. I can't see him changing that. What Lotto might try to do though is put one of their riders on his wheel, so no one can follow him, then peel off when he attacks.

I can't see Cav making it in to the 3rd week of the tour. The Olympics is that important to him. Sagan seems a certainty for the green jersey regardless. The Olympics was one of the main reasons he joined Sky. Sky are practically the British Olympic team with David Brailsford heading up both. It will be interesting to see what happens in 2013.

Reading cavs book he seemed gutted at being the only one not to get a gold medal so he has unfinished business there i guess.

Crashed today but does not look to badly hurt, the only way griepel can win is if he is not there. He would have slaughtered them in that sprint, i hope he can pick up a couple of other stages before paris, he came back from the crash in the giro and won so its possible.

According to a Dutch paper Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie, Christian Vande Velde and Jonathan Vaughters (all former team mates of Armstrong) have all confessed to doping, but USADA has made it so that they can compete this season and will only face a potential suspension at the end of it. Vaughters has retired, but the other 4 are riding in this year's TdF.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraaf.nl%2Ftelesport%2Ftour-de-france-2012%2F12494479%2F___Bizarre_deal_in_zaak-Armstrong___.html

According to a Dutch paper Levi Leipheimer, George Hincapie, David Zabriskie, Christian Vande Velde and Jonathan Vaughters (all former team mates of Armstrong) have all confessed to doping, but USADA has made it so that they can compete this season and will only face a potential suspension at the end of it. Vaughters has retired, but the other 4 are riding in this year's TdF.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraaf.nl%2Ftelesport%2Ftour-de-france-2012%2F12494479%2F___Bizarre_deal_in_zaak-Armstrong___.html

Just mentioned that on itv4 seems a bit sad, got to say the evidence is stacking up against armstrong, i stopped beliving him some time ago when i read the differences in times between his races and ones from years ago. I just worry whether cycling can take the bad press. We have enough of it already and i think things have gotten better recently.

The needs to be tougher punishment otherwise people will always think they can get away with it.

It's a mentality thing for many and more common in certain parts of the world. As long as they don't get caught it's okay.

Just mentioned that on itv4 seems a bit sad, got to say the evidence is stacking up against armstrong, i stopped beliving him some time ago when i read the differences in times between his races and ones from years ago. I just worry whether cycling can take the bad press. We have enough of it already and i think things have gotten better recently.

The needs to be tougher punishment otherwise people will always think they can get away with it.
Cycling needs to take the bad press for it to survive long-term IMO. Armstrong isn't a front-runner anymore, so the sting of the allegations would be a lot less than 5+ years ago. The truth has to come out eventually for the sport to move forward from the dark days - the popularity of the likes of Cavendish will certainly help that.

Back