• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cryptocurrency

I had some VET a while back but I ended up selling a load of different coins and consolidating into my top 5 or 6 coins. That's one of the problems with crypto, there's always something else that's the next big thing.

If I wanted to get involved, what do I need to do, I have no bitcoin accounts, and what are wallets etc ??

Coinbase is the easiest place,relatively high commission compared to other exchanges but if your going to hold as an investment it is good. The crypto is held in wallets for you and the are offline vaults as well.

A wallet is like a digital wallet that only you have the keys to.

The amount of institutional investors into crypto is quite telling now. Whether you like it or not its here to stay.

I have about 40% bitcoin 30 % ethereum and the rest is split among what are known as altcoins like ripple stellar walton coin and vechain.

As bedford hinted at though vechain as a company are pretty much destined to be one of the biggest companies in the world in my opinion it might not necessarily reflect in their coin price.

Ripple is another example of that. I have 10 grand in crypto but that is just 20% of my investments. It is worth a punt but only as a portion of your investments not the whole hog.

Oddly football index is my best performing asset the last 12 months.

Should also add @markysimmo that a good place to look at is the stable coins that are linked to the dollar. Tether is the main one and has been doing very nicely this year, probably the most likely to become the money of the internet.

Coinbase is the easiest place,relatively high commission compared to other exchanges but if your going to hold as an investment it is good. The crypto is held in wallets for you and the are offline vaults as well.

The amount of institutional investors into crypto is quite telling now. Whether you like it or not its here to stay.

I have about 40% bitcoin 30 % ethereum and the rest is split among what are known as altcoins like ripple stellar walton coin and vechain.

As bedford hinted at though vechain as a company are pretty much destined to be one of the biggest companies in the world in my opinion it might not necessarily reflect in their coin price.

Ripple is another example of that. I have 10 grand in crypto but that is just 20% of my investments. It is worth a punt but only as a portion of your investments not the whole hog.

So do I need a coinbase account and also a wallet, or is my wallet in coinbase

Sorry for the dumb questions

So do I need a coinbase account and also a wallet, or is my wallet in coinbase

Sorry for the dumb questions

You can get a wallet through coinbase. If you were just putting in small amounts you could even use etoro who i think guarantees up to a few thousand should they ever happen to be hacked.

If your doing it purely as an investment as i am and not going to try and use the crypto as a form of payment then coinbase is best. Kraken is an exchange that holds a lot of different cryptos but is a pain to use.

With coinbase you have two step verification and i also had to scan my photo with proof of address.

Some people who buy bitcoin will have what they call an offline wallet. It is basically a small piece of physical hardware that you enter all your different bitcoins. It is quite expensive to own a full bitcoin so with coinbase it is easier to just buy and let them store it.

I’m about 95% BTC. The remaining 5% is across ADA/LINK and ETH. Use Etoro but mainly for stocks, etfs, commodities As the spread is quite large for Crypto unless there’s a fair bit of volatility. Use a Trezor for my Glenn HODL Stack and leave a small bit, ie the Alts, on various exchanges.

I’m about 95% BTC. The remaining 5% is across ADA/LINK and ETH. Use Etoro but mainly for stocks, etfs, commodities As the spread is quite large for Crypto unless there’s a fair bit of volatility. Use a Trezor for my Glenn HODL Stack and leave a small bit, ie the Alts, on various exchanges.

Bitcoin looks ready to moon again.

Link is very impressive. Im also liking stable coins as well at the moment. Im a believer in ripple and think it will come good as well.

i'm also a newbie to crypto/btc. why are you recommending coinbase if it has a high commission rate (even if one plans to hold btc rather trade it)? and are institutional investors getting into a variety of crypto currencies, or are they sticking to the main ones (btc, etherium etc)? thanks

i'm also a newbie to crypto/btc. why are you recommending coinbase if it has a high commission rate (even if one plans to hold btc rather trade it)? and are institutional investors getting into a variety of crypto currencies, or are they sticking to the main ones (btc, etherium etc)? thanks

The commission rate is offset by the high security and the fact that they store offline, so should the be a hack your safe.

Institutional investors have been massively getting into it the last few years. Whether it is a hedge or they believe in it.

I think the main ones are the cryptos people are investing in. Vechain is attracting a lot of interest from within Germany.

Back