• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cryptocurrency

I hope this crypto brick collaps sooner rather than later. I need a new computer, but prices for graphic cards are plain ridiculous because of the mining brick. The newest model graphics cards used to be around £350-400, now they are more than twice that. The obsolete 1050 card is almost as expensive today as it was when released almost 4 years ago.

It's just plain stupid using so much resources on something that basically has no value, and is bound to collapse.

Better start shorting it then

check out Dig (Dignity) on Livecoin.net
Potential to double in coming weeks despite 600% growth already from early Feb,,..obvs can fall too, only invest what you can afford to lose blah blah.

will do bud thanks for the heads up

how easy is it to sign up to Livecoin. Some of these exchanges are a major ball ache.

i always get verified before putting any funds in, as many exchanges allow you to deposit, before verification.
I had to get a JPEG scan of passport, ie a photo wasn't sufficient. But i got verified within 24 hours.
cheers

If you Google "what is Initiative Q" you can see in 5 seconds it is a scam, why post it here?
Apologies but I have absolutely no fudging clue about this crypto/private currency malarkey and received an invite from a retired bank manager who I assumed would know a scam when he spotted one.

Now that my suspicions have been confirmed by ITK, I shall inform him that this is a load of twaddle next time I see him.

received an invite from a retired bank manager who I assumed would know a scam when he spotted one.
I've been working in cyber security and fraud prevention for 15 years.
People are not rational. The number of CEO phishing, spear phishing and other scams are sky rocketing! If people just used their brain, no one would be fooled.
And crypto currency is another "scam". It's not sustainable, it doesn't create Any value. It's just a way for criminals to get their hands on easy money from idiots investing in nothing.
The wannacry virus was created by Russian mafia to inflate the price of bitcoin.
I'm Just waiting for the next event of that type.
But people won't admit it, as everyone wants to rationalize and defend their investments.

People are not rational. The number of CEO phishing, spear phishing and other scams are sky rocketing! If people just used their brain, no one would be fooled.
And crypto currency is another "scam". It's not sustainable, it doesn't create Any value. It's just a way for criminals to get their hands on easy money from idiots investing in nothing.
The wannacry virus was created by Russian mafia to inflate the price of bitcoin.
But people won't admit it, as everyone wants to rationalize and defend their investments.
Crypto currency is not a scam, it was over inflated and should not have been used for investment but it has a great use.

If I want to send money to the US I can do it via bank transfer with a big charge and time taken or next to free and immediately with little risk .. Companies can do the same on a bigger scale.

The built in unsustainability is my problem with it. It’s designed to create perverse incentives to waste phenomenal amounts of resource on server farms for nothing but mining. That’s fudging ridiculous, and intolerable. Cryptocurrencies and their originators should be outlawed.

That's one of the strengths of cryptocurrencies- they can't be outlawed. It's impossible to disrupt the network on a worldwide level to the extent needed.

It gets banned in the UK then I'm just gonna book a flight to estonia and spend my meagre amount of bitcoin on a holiday* over there.

People make such a big deal about how much energy it takes to mine bitcoin but I'm pretty sure it's less energy than an equivalent value of gold. Gold has to be mined in remote areas or wherever the gold happens to be. At least crypto can be mined using excess energy from hyrdo or thermal plants.

*hookers and cocaine

The built in unsustainability is my problem with it. It’s designed to create perverse incentives to waste phenomenal amounts of resource on server farms for nothing but mining. That’s fudging ridiculous, and intolerable. Cryptocurrencies and their originators should be outlawed.
That's Bitcoin others do not have that

Crypto currency is not a scam, it was over inflated and should not have been used for investment but it has a great use.

If I want to send money to the US I can do it via bank transfer with a big charge and time taken or next to free and immediately with little risk .. Companies can do the same on a bigger scale.
Do you know who controls the majority of crypto currencies?

Back