• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cryptocurrency

I forgot I had 50 quid in gala on coinbase. Looking very nice haha.

Honestly put a few quid into these smaller coins then forget about them. It is a nice surprise.

Love this for platform for order flow, Market profile stuff. Exocharts. Also use Sierra Charts but it’s quite clunky although has much more assets ghat have data feeds in. Exocharts limited to the main future exchanges for a few Crypto’s but Exocharts much nicer interface.

Attachments

• 037299A1-7933-427B-968C-A5EA8261E7A4.png
    037299A1-7933-427B-968C-A5EA8261E7A4.png
    928.4 KB · Views: 10
I was quite critical of crypto. I've always found it fascinating. most of its value is based on speculation. People seeing its growth and trying to cash in too. However, there are some, and growing uses for it. Real ways people can utilise a digital currency. For example, paying people in Russia. If you can't transfer monies using banks, people will embrace the alternative.

Last edited:
I was quite critical of crypto. I've always found it fascinating. most of its value is based on speculation. People seeing its growth and trying to cash in too. However, there are some, and growing uses for it. Real ways people can utilise a digital currency. For example, paying people in Russia. If you can't transfer monies using banks, people will embrace the alternative.

I imagine the situation in Russia will have a big impact on the SEC case against ripple. America I would think would want to keep some sort of sphere of influence over ripple. It really has the power to be the new reserve currency of the world.

Great to hear that the use cases have extended from bubble speculation and drug deals to sanctions-busting.

Great to hear that the use cases have extended from bubble speculation and drug deals to sanctions-busting.

Pfft I wish people would actually read about a subject before debating or commenting on it. The reason you will not see me in the computer games or wrestling threads or virgin threads as I call them are because I know nothing of those spaces.

Crypto and blockchain is the most interesting area of development and offers real break through in how we live fro. Business and banking to healthcare, also more secure elections which should please you and your hippy chums.

NFT's and crypto currency are mostly Ponzi schemes

yes, there are benefits to distributed ledgers, a blockchain can't lie, but it can be lied to

to use the broad term of web3, its full of scam artists thus far, just look how many rug pulls there have been already

Last edited:
Pfft I wish people would actually read about a subject before debating or commenting on it. The reason you will not see me in the computer games or wrestling threads or virgin threads as I call them are because I know nothing of those spaces.

Crypto and blockchain is the most interesting area of development and offers real break through in how we live fro. Business and banking to healthcare, also more secure elections which should please you and your hippy chums.
What on earth are you doing in the Spurs threads then?!? ;)

The drugs money narrative is one of the most BS myths ever. The estimate of drugs money as a percentage of GDP dwarfs the market cap of cryptos. Cash is the number one currency for this.
Additionally, other than some very low market cap privacy coins, eg Monero, Zcash, all other cryptos including Bitcoin, are on a public ledger!
It ain’t anonymous and the privacy coins are minuscule in terms of market cap.

The drugs money narrative is one of the most BS myths ever. The estimate of drugs money as a percentage of GDP dwarfs the market cap of cryptos. Cash is the number one currency for this.
Additionally, other than some very low market cap privacy coins, eg Monero, Zcash, all other cryptos including Bitcoin, are on a public ledger!
It ain’t anonymous and the privacy coins are minuscule in terms of market cap.

Isn't that the point/concern? Almost none of the cash invested into crypto has any fiscal use. 99% is pure speculation. If there isn't a use underpinning it, then you might call it a bubble.

Some said it was an alternative to Gold, but we've seen Crypto go down in uncertain times - which is the opposite of Gold - so I don't think Crypto is seen as a safe store of wealth, quite the opposite. It is a high-risk way to make money while the masses speculate.

The only way that changes is if/when people start using a currency for day to day trade.

Isn't that the point/concern? Almost none of the cash invested into crypto has any fiscal use. 99% is pure speculation. If there isn't a use underpinning it, then you might call it a bubble.

Some said it was an alternative to Gold, but we've seen Crypto go down in uncertain times - which is the opposite of Gold - so I don't think Crypto is seen as a safe store of wealth, quite the opposite. It is a high-risk way to make money while the masses speculate.

The only way that changes is if/when people start using a currency for day to day trade.

Pretty sure more countries will adopt it as a currency, in the same ways as El Salvador.
Agree Most crypto has very little utility, but I don’t think defi will be disappearing anytime soon.
I don’t view it as an alternative to Gold, it’s more closely correlated to the SPX and has been for some time. In risk off times, it gets smoked, like every tech stock does. It’s a different set of rules now you have institutions playing, to previous cycles.
I agree it’s speculative and high risk high reward, doesn’t make it a bad thing if you manage your risk accordingly. If you can manage the volatility or your time horizon is not short term, Bitcoin has given an amazing roi.
My previous point was related to the fact of the drugs, laundering aspect.

Back