• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cryptocurrency

How do you get good deals on these coins? I set up a Binance account to buy some VET but as there's no GBP market it must apply some conversions somwhere so you'd be 3-4% down instantly on buying it? Guess if it goes up 15% in a day it's not a major issue but still....

I'm using Binance, funded through my MasterCard (got Eurobonus points yay!) and wire transfers. Think it's 1,5% by card and 1,8% wire transfer.

Post a pic of yourself covered in custard.

I am long on vechain, it will be one of those that exists in 10 years time.

Sorry, don't have one. But here's a pic of my mum covering my hair in mayo.

MayoKillLice1Image1200x627.png

I am new to this Crypto thing. Read the article on VEchain that Danish posted and thought got a few quid sitting around so had a little dabble. Nothing major but I intend just to hold on to it as he suggested.

Was looking at wallets earlier as going to sit on the coins and add to it. Anyone got the Nano X ? Worth it or are the software ones easier to manage ?

Thanks in advance and excuse the newbie questions.

Just to add after reading various bits I brought some ADA and XRP also.

Was looking at wallets earlier as going to sit on the coins and add to it. Anyone got the Nano X ? Worth it or are the software ones easier to manage ?

If you are looking at holding for the long term then yeah, either a Ledger Nano or Trezor are the gold standard for hardware wallets. Make sure you only buy from the official sites though. Plenty of guides on YouTube to help with set up etc.
Don't leave anything long term on exchanges as every now and then one will disappear/get hacked etc. Not such a problem with the big boys like coinbase or binance but still not good practice to leave anything on them.

I am new to this Crypto thing. Read the article on VEchain that Danish posted and thought got a few quid sitting around so had a little dabble. Nothing major but I intend just to hold on to it as he suggested.

Thanks in advance and excuse the newbie questions.

Just to add after reading various bits I brought some ADA and XRP also.

I bought a nano x and it seems fine. Takes a little while to set up but worth the effort for the piece of mind and relatively low purchase price.

The swings are insane, could quite easily wake up tomorrow and it's down 30%. Always tempting to sell after massive swings but I'm just leaving things for a while to see how they do.

I have actually been going against conventional wisdom and been day trading compound just because of the mad swings. You see such obvious patterns with the compound coin, just been doing it on coinbase pro and started with £100 in there and now have £420 worth of compound.

Because my illness can have side effects which includes compulsive behaviour(never knew that about parkinsons before i got it) i have to run big decisions past the wife which is fair. I unfortunately cant get her to sell the flats we rent out to put the money into compound. Unlike say futures trading which can have a time limit on it with crypto you just buy compound at say £320 price, wait till it gets to £450 then sell it all and wait till it comes down to £380 then buy back and then sell again when it rises above, taking out whatever profit you want.

It is how I am going with compound as it seems to have the most obvious spikes, the others i am leaving be for 5 years or till i go back to china for more stem cell therapy, bit scared to do that though because last time i did a fcuking pandemic started.

If you are looking at holding for the long term then yeah, either a Ledger Nano or Trezor are the gold standard for hardware wallets. Make sure you only buy from the official sites though. Plenty of guides on YouTube to help with set up etc.
Don't leave anything long term on exchanges as every now and then one will disappear/get hacked etc. Not such a problem with the big boys like coinbase or binance but still not good practice to leave anything on them.

Thanks for the advice. Have been doing a lot of research and the two mentioned pop up
the most.

Was also looking at putting the VET into the vthor wallet. But thinking about keeping it all in one place . Due to all the passwords etc.

Seriously you nonces day trade Compound. put say £100 in it, if in a months time you are not at £300 your a thicko. We have a home office and a whitebaord in it, the wife has a lot of her work crap on it but the bottom left corner i write the price i sell at and wait till it drops 5 or 6 pound below it then whatever price that is i write it down and wait till it goes back above the original price.

She keeps rolling her eyes when she walks in and sees me doing this, though the amount I have made off crypto she has learnt to not actually say anything. Anyway in my new spirit of generosity this is making me money and building my overall fund in this coin. Clearly it is being manipulated by some whales but what do we care, i honestly would hold everything else and not touch for 5 years. Im increasing my stakes in Ethereum for the summer roll out and also Vechain but that will be the extent of my inputs now.

With day trading I guess if not disciplined you could lose but the difference between futures and this is you just have to hold your nerve be it a day or a week or a month. With Compound clearly something funny is going on, bloody lovely.

I love a good bit of scalping though, do it on the football as well. @awesome dawson do not know if it was you or the other aussie based poster but think you said you made some money on betting football. You want to have a look at copy bet a newish betting company that want to become the etoro of the betting world where average punters can follow you and pay to do so. As a long term betfair trader i am thinking of starting up an account for people to follow. I mainly do the goal markets. Could be another revenue stream.

Seriously you nonces day trade Compound. put say £100 in it, if in a months time you are not at £300 your a thicko. We have a home office and a whitebaord in it, the wife has a lot of her work crap on it but the bottom left corner i write the price i sell at and wait till it drops 5 or 6 pound below it then whatever price that is i write it down and wait till it goes back above the original price.

She keeps rolling her eyes when she walks in and sees me doing this, though the amount I have made off crypto she has learnt to not actually say anything. Anyway in my new spirit of generosity this is making me money and building my overall fund in this coin. Clearly it is being manipulated by some whales but what do we care, i honestly would hold everything else and not touch for 5 years. Im increasing my stakes in Ethereum for the summer roll out and also Vechain but that will be the extent of my inputs now.

With day trading I guess if not disciplined you could lose but the difference between futures and this is you just have to hold your nerve be it a day or a week or a month. With Compound clearly something funny is going on, bloody lovely.

I love a good bit of scalping though, do it on the football as well. @awesome dawson do not know if it was you or the other aussie based poster but think you said you made some money on betting football. You want to have a look at copy bet a newish betting company that want to become the etoro of the betting world where average punters can follow you and pay to do so. As a long term betfair trader i am thinking of starting up an account for people to follow. I mainly do the goal markets. Could be another revenue stream.

It wasn't me, I stopped betting on football back in my London years when I put 5 quid on a week and never won. Every single week there's an upset when you try and predict ten easy wins (City, Utd, Celtic etc at home). I don't even have a betting account these days, just a crypto exchange, which feels like the same thing some days.

I think I know what you are talking about though in relation to copy bet. Isn't that the one where last week PSG went up about 30% even though their second leg win against Barca was a formality with a 4-1 lead.

Tried a transaction with 1inch from ETH to PRQ and it failed. 1inch won't reimburse the fees because the miners get the fee whether it fails or not.

Can't really take it up with consumer affairs, so I guess I'm left holding a rotten potatoe on this one. Not only are the ETH gas fees insane, you can also get f'd in the a without as much as a thank you too.

Trezor T for me.

Back