• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cryptocurrency

From what I am reading Etherium is a blockchain platform and can be used for creating other blockchain apps (ether is the token used by the platform). Sounds interesting. I might have a think about that one, but the others I'll avoid as you have tainted them with your bad gambling jinx.
What did you use to buy them?

Anyone mining any of the cryptocurrencies?

Sounds like a sensible strategy, LOL.

The main advice I've been reading and getting, is to invest in cryptocurrencies with some sort of inventive purpose, and whose creators are clearly serious about what they're doing/smart people. There are scams out there for sure. I don't have the time to do as much research as I probably should unfortunately, which is why I rely on others and keep my investement low enough for meg to afford to lose it all. (while hoping to hit the jackpot)

Mining I have heard can be so energy consuming (in terms of electricity, bandwith, hardware, etc) that you don't really make much from it + it takes a lot of time too. Haven't looked into this in detail either, so I could be mistaken..

Maybe this and bitcoin should be merged.

Anyway I have my ethereum but no ripple, having trouble getting hold of it.

I am not looking to sell any of it but pass onto my son when I am gone. So hope it will be worth something in 15 to 20 years time.

Trying to get some but cryptopia seems a little suspect, why do you ask.

Was mainly interested to see how we’ll known it was

I have some and I’m mkning some with by business partner. It’s something we should do really well on

My business partner has several rigs for it

Im just financially involved and not from an IT side
Gotya.

I'm wondering is there any point using the windows desktop mining software they have made available for download (here) on a standard windows 10 desktop machine I have at home, or if the power consumption costs more than the electroneum mined.

Gotya.

I'm wondering is there any point using the windows desktop mining software they have made available for download (here) on a standard windows 10 desktop machine I have at home, or if the power consumption costs more than the electroneum mined.

Couldn’t comment mate
We have spent £21000 to get the gear we needed

Just sold a couple of ETH meaning just gambling on winnings now. Think ETH has replaced BTC as main method to transfer across exchanges meaning the 50% increase this week.

Young chap at work got me onto a new exchange, poloniex, showed me his account and all the news was that he was hearing when ripple gets sold on coinbase it will sky rocket so he is buying on poloniex also another crypto called Stella. Might show my age here but that will always be a french beer to me.

Anyway going into both for £500 and see where it takes me.

Young chap at work got me onto a new exchange, poloniex, showed me his account and all the news was that he was hearing when ripple gets sold on coinbase it will sky rocket so he is buying on poloniex also another crypto called Stella. Might show my age here but that will always be a french beer to me.

Anyway going into both for £500 and see where it takes me.
I got Stellar, took a big hit but it is rebounding so hope to get back into the positive- Not sure how high Ripple can go with the huge market cap it has 100 bn tokens (& centralised holdings) - from what I am reading the high predictions are around $10 not the $100's - i bought XRP at £0.56 and sold most at £2.

There is a mixture of no nothing idiots and useful information but I quite like www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/ if you can filter out the flimflam you may get some buy ideas before the herd, I have - unlikely to find the nothing coin before it goes up 1000% but may get you in when the price has risen 30% on its way to 200% (if that makes sense.

I am only playing around but must look at market cap as well as price to judge whether there is potential for huge growth.

I like some of the supply chain ones MOD /VEN/ WTC all close to a real workable solution - as well as them I have ETH / XLM / XRP.

Last edited:
Back