• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Crossrail Piccies

I have seen some of the plans for the stations on the route and I am very impressed. Architecture impresses me and I find that sort of thing interesting.

Never been to Canary Wharf but always meant to get round to it because the tube station with the glass roof as you come up on the escalators looks impressive. Been on the docklands light railway once with the family when we went for an activity day at the Thames Barrier which was a lot more fun then it sounds.

They are already planning a crossrail 2 and am I right to think that would be up our way(Tottenham) ?

They are already planning a crossrail 2 and am I right to think that would be up our way(Tottenham) ?

Its been planned and the route decided its waiting to see if it will get Govt funding or not

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossrail_2

crossrail.jpg

You would think they could put in an extra stop near us, would make enough money on the 19 or so match days a year. Just 7 stops from the Kings Road, imagine the tourists getting on there and getting off in Tottenham, haha.

Future

In 2007 Haringey Council supported proposals for platforms for the Victoria Line to be built at Northumberland Park. These would be to the east of the main line platforms between the main line and the Northumberland Park Depot.[13] This was supported by the former Mayor of London, Ken Livingstone.[14] It is claimed that this would aid regeneration of the area, and that better transport links would have to be part of plans to increase capacity at White Hart Lane.[15]

In February 2013, the Crossrail task force of business group London First, chaired by former Secretary of State for Transport Andrew Adonis, published its recommendations on Crossrail 2, favouring a route almost identical to the regional option proposed by TfL in 2011.[16] The report was endorsed by Network Rail.[17] If this happens it is likely that few if any main line trains will continue to call at Northumberland Park.

This proposal will see four tracks restored through Northumberland Park to Tottenham Hale and direct links via central London to the South-West suburbs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northumberland_Park_railway_station

In February 2013, the Crossrail task force of business group London First, chaired by former Secretary of State for Transport Andrew Adonis, published its recommendations on Crossrail 2, favouring a route almost identical to the regional option proposed by TfL in 2011.[16] The report was endorsed by Network Rail.[17] If this happens it is likely that few if any main line trains will continue to call at Northumberland Park.

If there is a 60k football stadium there I cant imagine they wont have trains running to Liverpool St as well, it would be madness

Wonder if Crossrail will be able to match Tokyo’s legendary efficiency…

I'll meet your tokyo and raise you hong kong. Farebox recovery ratio of 187%. Very cheap fares but makes huge profits. Because they built skyscrapers on top of the stations and rent them out. Helping subsidise the metro and provide funds for the government. 99.9% efficiency too.

Back