• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Gotta admit, I struggled to see what made this guy so praiseworthy earlier in the season, but today, he lived up to his billing - him being back there suddenly made the defense seem almost impenetrable, like there was always someone around to make an interception, clear the ball, head away or spot the run. And it was usually him - or Sanchez, tbf.

And those fast, low passes to the feet of the forwards and the occasional sashay past the press were no mean feat either. Rolls Royce of a showing tonight.

His aggression will make him look rash and at times his decision making in those situations probably needs to be tempered just a bit. I think that will come.

He's aggressive with good reason, so good at winning the ball, physically obviously strong, but also good technique and control when tackling/challenging.

So confident too, composed, in control, seems to spread to those around him. And yes, that's in the first game back from injury. No settling back in, no nerves or adjustment, just right in with a solid, line leading performance.

Love his passing. Not quite the Alderweireld quarter back style passing, but crisp, accurate, purposeful. Not just a completed pass for the sake of it, but looking to play the most useful pass possible and making it happen most of the time.

Romero is absolute class. He is miles ahead of our next best CB, Dier. We need 2CBs at the Romero level next summer, if we are to challenge for trophies.

Agree about his quality. Wouldnt surprise me if in a year or two we're having to live with rumours or Real, Barca etc wanting to pay us £80m or whatever for him

I'm not sure we need two new CBs this summer. Getting a new LCB to play alongside Dier and Romero works fine, particularly as we also need a RWB, back-up GK, back-up CF and possibly a CM too. That could change if we get into the CL I guess but if Sanchez's form keeps up (and Davies too to be fair - he's been good since Conte came in) there might be more urgent places to spent the cash

Agree about his quality. Wouldnt surprise me if in a year or two we're having to live with rumours or Real, Barca etc wanting to pay us £80m or whatever for him

I'm not sure we need two new CBs this summer. Getting a new LCB to play alongside Dier and Romero works fine, particularly as we also need a RWB, back-up GK, back-up CF and possibly a CM too. That could change if we get into the CL I guess but if Sanchez's form keeps up (and Davies too to be fair - he's been good since Conte came in) there might be more urgent places to spent the cash
If I had my way Romero(first 11) and Dier(bench) would be the only CBs remaining at the club. For example at LCB I would want Bastoni as first 11 and Romagnoli on the bench. Romagnoli is free and Bastoni around £50-55 mil. We should get that from Sanchez, Tanganga and Davies sales. Overhauling the defense(CB and RWB) and a solid reserve for Kane should be our target. That and the usual Dybala offer of course.

Romero is absolute class. He is miles ahead of our next best CB, Dier. We need 2CBs at the Romero level next summer, if we are to challenge for trophies.
De Ligt or Bastoni would be amazing, if we manage to get Champions League football. I love how Romero strides out to intercept the ball and times it perfectly nearly every time. Magical to see.

Can someone tell me if we can lose Romero în the summer? We got him on loan with OPTION or obligation. Doesnt that mean that if some other team agrees a fee with Atalanta, they can technically sign him if he prefers them?

Can someone tell me if we can lose Romero în the summer? We got him on loan with OPTION or obligation. Doesnt that mean that if some other team agrees a fee with Atalanta, they can technically sign him if he prefers them?
In most of that deals, players permanent contracts have been completed with the loan deal.

I think Dier is going to have his work cut out getting the starting central role back because Romero both looks at his best in the centre as well as the most comfortable CB we have playing the central role.

Dier should be able to play the RCB role given his history as a RB. I guess we will see, but I'm hoping Romero gets the central berth.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

De Ligt or Bastoni would be amazing, if we manage to get Champions League football. I love how Romero strides out to intercept the ball and times it perfectly nearly every time. Magical to see.
Of course I would take De Ligt too, but I prefer Bastoni if I had to choose. De Ligt is more error prone and more expensive. Bastoni DeLigt Romero looks sick AF and all are young.

I think Dier is going to have his work cut out getting the starting central role back because Romero both looks at his best in the centre as well as the most comfortable CB we have playing the central role.

Dier should be able to play the RCB role given his history as a RB. I guess we will see, but I'm hoping Romero gets the central berth.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

I see no reason to think Romero won't be equally good as the RCB.

For me I think it's Sanchez that loses out if everyone's fit for a period long enough to settle on 3 first choice players at the back. Mostly down to quality on the ball.

Back