• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Ceballos

I don't think AVB wasn't interested in blooding youth. He was only interested however, in blooding youth players that were ready and fit his system. The one strange thing for me, though is that AVB's system, tactics and team were crying out for a ball-playing midfielder. I'm surprised Carroll was sent on loan to QPR, although its been good for his development from what I can tell.

Sherwood blooded Bentaleb to help us keep possession, but to me, Bentaleb needed to go on loan to a lower Premiership club first, as I don't think he was ready, as shown by his inconsistency this season.

caroll is not good enough for top flight football. id have Bentaleb over him every day of the week

That's a big thing to say. From I've seen of him he is very promising.

a promising player but is too soft in the middle of the park. imo he doesnt have 'that thing'. who knows how he will develop int he future though

Last edited:
I don't think AVB wasn't interested in blooding youth. He was only interested however, in blooding youth players that were ready and fit his system. The one strange thing for me, though is that AVB's system, tactics and team were crying out for a ball-playing midfielder. I'm surprised Carroll was sent on loan to QPR, although its been good for his development from what I can tell.

Sherwood blooded Bentaleb to help us keep possession, but to me, Bentaleb needed to go on loan to a lower Premiership club first, as I don't think he was ready, as shown by his inconsistency this season.

I agree with the part about Carroll. Part of most people's argument that we should have kept AVB is based around the fact 'he didn't get his ball playing midfielder' yet the nearest thing he had to one, he sent out on loan. Maybe he just didn't feel he was ready.

Personally from what I've seen of him, I think he looks a very promising player, at least on a par with Bentaleb (who I also rate).

a promising player but is too soft in the middle of the park. imo he doesnt have 'that thing'. who knows how he will develop int he future though

Too soft? im pretty sure i have seen a stat where he has made the second most tackles in the Championship behind Joey Barton?

i had the pleasure/misfortune of going to see rangers vs Wigan a couple of weeks ago, have to say that you can't label Carroll as soft, he is small but that didn't stop him demanding the ball all the time. sure he mis-placed a few passes, but he never stopped wanting the ball and looking for the right pass, showed good confidence and strength on the ball

Cellallos is supposed to be good isn't he? I've heard people who watch a lot of youth team matches put him in the same bracket as Pritchard and Coulthirst as the very brightest of our prospects.

It would be nice to see him get a lower EPl/upper championship loan next season

Too soft? im pretty sure i have seen a stat where he has made the second most tackles in the Championship behind Joey Barton?

Absolutely. Pussies out of challenges and doesn't affect the game. Never going to make it at spurs.

Absolutely. Pussies out of challenges and doesn't affect the game. Never going to make it at spurs.

I haven't seen any of him in the Championship, but from his performances for Spurs, Carrol definitely has "it" for me. His vision, passing and movement reminds me of Modric's qualities (obviously not near the same class). The big question mark is whether he can cut it physically. He's a small lad. I don't agree that he pussies out of challenges though. He doesn't look to be afraid of a tackle to me.

Anyway...Ceballos?

Also worth saying that Carroll got plenty of sub apperances last season under AVB including being trusted to come of the bench away to West Ham when we desperately needed an injection to get us over the line.

No offence to whoever bumped the thread but it feels very much like the obligatory season going badly lets play the promising youngster who will solve everything.

Ceballos was back in the U21s today I noticed. Perhaps a sign his contract stand-off has been resolved?

Ehiogu talking him up as a match winner too

Seeing as Mason took longer to break through. I do not see why Ceballos can not do something it is possible.

Anyone know how Falque is getting on, they both seemed like moneyball signings to me.

Seeing as Mason took longer to break through. I do not see why Ceballos can not do something it is possible.

Anyone know how Falque is getting on, they both seemed like moneyball signings to me.

6 goals and 3 assists in 22 appearances for Genoa in Serie A.

I have no idea why Ceballos has not been given a chance other than he may be abit lazy? When ever I have seen him play he is always wanting the ball and wanting to be involved and he is obviously a technical player.

I have no idea why Ceballos has not been given a chance other than he may be abit lazy? When ever I have seen him play he is always wanting the ball and wanting to be involved and he is obviously a technical player.

Contract stand-off apparently. Nothing to do with ability

Not massively impressed with what I saw in the U21s game yesterday. He was involved in the general huff-and-puff, but in terms of goal-threat, there were a couple of speculative shots from distance that went over the bar, and one decent turn and burst of pace on the edge of the box that bought him a yard or two of space, but the resulting shot was disappointing, lacking power and straight at the keeper to boot, if I remember rightly.

Back