• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Ceballos

So you say we only have two traditional wingers, one who thanks to AVB isn't a winger and Lennon who has come inside much more this season.

Your post hasn't done anything to suggest AVB likes his wingers to hug the touchline and cross the ball in?

to who? a huge part of the myth of Lennon's "poor final ball" has been we have nobody that gets on the end of it.

Lennon is still very much a winger that plays wide (see how we have no width when he doesn't play), he come in at the end and now attacks the far post a little more because it makes him more of a goal threat. Again Bale plays in because that's what has allowed him to score 20+ goals in a season where we desperately needed someone to help score.

It's all speculation, but imo under AVB the ideal team still is Bale - Sandro - Dembele -Lennon, which is using the width.

So a loan to a Championship team would probably be the next step in his development. We might not need to buy a Mata/Silva type player when instead we can develop Ceballos.

So a loan to a Championship team would probably be the next step in his development. We might not need to buy a Mata/Silva type player when instead we can develop Ceballos.

Over time yes. Saw you posted a very similar thing re Falque on another thread - agree with you this time but not re Falque!

Over time yes. Saw you posted a very similar thing re Falque on another thread - agree with you this time but not re Falque!

Haha Fair enough. I've seen a few games and i am impressed by his decision making and creativity. Would love to see him , Pritchard and Luongo on loan at QPR next season. The fact that he trains regularly with the first team will should mean that he is in AVB's plans.

Haha Fair enough. I've seen a few games and i am impressed by his decision making and creativity. Would love to see him , Pritchard and Luongo on loan at QPR next season. The fact that he trains regularly with the first team will should mean that he is in AVB's plans.

The thing is that a likely progression for these youngsters (Ceballos, Pritchard, Luongo) would be a season on loan in the Championship followed by a season on loan in the PL. That depends on us finding them the right club, them finding their way into starting line-ups and then them progressing as we're hoping that they do. If if all those things happen we're probably looking at 2 full seasons before they return to Spurs ready for our first team squad.

I would have course really like it if I'm wrong and one or two of them progress quicker than that, but from where I'm sitting they're all long term prospects that we should expect too much from too soon. It definitely seems premature to be talking about us not needing to sign a type of player for the first team because of any of these players.

For Falque I think it's last chance saloon, he must impress during the pre-season this summer or I don't think he will be around much longer. Although he's shown some positive signs he's 23 now, same age as Sigurdsson. For the club to put faith in him he has to start delivering.

The thing is that a likely progression for these youngsters (Ceballos, Pritchard, Luongo) would be a season on loan in the Championship followed by a season on loan in the PL. That depends on us finding them the right club, them finding their way into starting line-ups and then them progressing as we're hoping that they do. If if all those things happen we're probably looking at 2 full seasons before they return to Spurs ready for our first team squad.

I would have course really like it if I'm wrong and one or two of them progress quicker than that, but from where I'm sitting they're all long term prospects that we should expect too much from too soon. It definitely seems premature to be talking about us not needing to sign a type of player for the first team because of any of these players.

For Falque I think it's last chance saloon, he must impress during the pre-season this summer or I don't think he will be around much longer. Although he's shown some positive signs he's 23 now, same age as Sigurdsson. For the club to put faith in him he has to start delivering.

Yeah your right about Falque. Needs to impress this upcoming pre-season. Still sad that Gio was sold without every getting a chance to play under AVB. I was sure he would've been an important player for us had he stayed.

Can anyone explain the wisdom of loaning-out Ceballos for the season and then spending £7,000,000 on Nacer Chadli, as the two play almost identical positions?

Ceballos looked very promising indeed last season in our junior teams, so why wasn't he given a first team chance in 2013-14?

Can anyone explain the wisdom of loaning-out Ceballos for the season and then spending £7,000,000 on Nacer Chadli, as the two play almost identical positions?

Ceballos looked very promising indeed last season in our junior teams, so why wasn't he given a first team chance in 2013-14?

Ones a junior who is completely unproven at this level, and ones a full international in a very talented Belgian national side.

Without meaning to cause this thread to descend into another AVB thread, it was pretty clear to me that this season AVB wasn't interested in blooding our youth. We effectivley have two full 11's at this club right now so the sensible thing would've been to loan out players like Ceballos so that they could get competitive football instead of a season of cup appearances.

From that video, I'd be happy to see what Pritchard and Ceballos could do in our senior team in the next season or two because they both look to compliment eachother well with both being able to pop up in a variety of positions.

Without meaning to cause this thread to descend into another AVB thread, it was pretty clear to me that this season AVB wasn't interested in blooding our youth. We effectivley have two full 11's at this club right now so the sensible thing would've been to loan out players like Ceballos so that they could get competitive football instead of a season of cup appearances.

From that video, I'd be happy to see what Pritchard and Ceballos could do in our senior team in the next season or two because they both look to compliment eachother well with both being able to pop up in a variety of positions.
Is that fair though?

He brought through Townsend and Caulker. How likely as a percentage would you say Pritchard and Cellabos are to be good enough next season to hold down regular squad places. Bearing in mind injuries, and just how much they will be called upon.

How happy would you be for a top 4 chasing side to be reliant on those players. I would suggest they would need experience at other PL clubs like Caulker and Townsend got, to know they can hack it in this league. Otherwise it's too much of a risk to go into a season relying on youth like this.

Edit* just read that back and realised you said just that, loan those players. A PL loan would be ideal of course

Back