• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Covid Games/Tokyo Olympics

Whole podium running inside the old WR is a joke.
Seems to me that world records should come down by tiny margins in general... whenever WR's are smashed by a huge margin it seems something fishy is going on, unless they have changed the technique or equipment or track significantly.

Seems to me that world records should come down by tiny margins in general... whenever WR's are smashed by a huge margin it seems something fishy is going on, unless they have changed the technique or equipment or track significantly.
Michael Johnson was saying they’ve changed the track surface so there’s less friction

Michael Johnson was saying they’ve changed the track surface so there’s less friction
Kevin Youngs record stood for nearly 30 years. You don't totally obliterate it because of the track surface. It was beaten because Samba, Da Silva, Warholm and Benjamin Raj are incredible athletes that have been pushing each other for a couple of years, and it all came to a climax in the Olympics.
I think the lanes they got played a part too. Warholm usually starts really fast, and being 2 lanes outside Raj, he had no chance of seeing where he was, so was forced to just go full pelt and run for his life!
Had the lanes been opposite, I don't think it would be such an incredible time, as Warholm would see Raj, and just concentrate on beating him as he would see where he was in relation to Raj.

Kevin Youngs record stood for nearly 30 years. You don't totally obliterate it because of the track surface. It was beaten because Samba, Da Silva, Warholm and Benjamin Raj are incredible athletes that have been pushing each other for a couple of years, and it all came to a climax in the Olympics.
I think the lanes they got played a part too. Warholm usually starts really fast, and being 2 lanes outside Raj, he had no chance of seeing where he was, so was forced to just go full pelt and run for his life!
Had the lanes been opposite, I don't think it would be such an incredible time, as Warholm would see Raj, and just concentrate on beating him as he would see where he was in relation to Raj.

Track has helped, it's meant to be 1 - 2% faster - https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...-from-new-surface-as-records-fall-at-olympics

Some athletes are wearing those new spikes as well, Warholm slagged them off though.

He broke the WC a few weeks ago as well so it's not come out of nowhere.

You cant keep things the same for this new generation. If they aren't all seen to be making sweeping changes, grand gestures and smashing records then their feelings might be hurt.

I'll only accept this notion if Bolt gets his shoes back on and obliterates the WR, giving them all something to chase again.

/Grandad.

Last edited:
24th in the medals table for athletics is a pretty accurate reflection of Britain’s real status when you ignore the sports that public schoolboys got to practice from the age of seven with all the kit they wanted. I can’t really give a fudge about all our medals for polo and quidditch.

24th in the medals table for athletics is a pretty accurate reflection of Britain’s real status when you ignore the sports that public schoolboys got to practice from the age of seven with all the kit they wanted. I can’t really give a fudge about all our medals for polo and quidditch.
Oh chill the f.ck out...

I'm looking forward to the croquet from Versailles in 2024.:D

Not one of the boxers or martial art people came across as public school boy. Was humbling how a few had real jobs and did their training on top of work.

The rowing were down on their usual medals after sacking their East German coach who the very definitely public school boys moaned about.

This Olympic squad was noteworthy for having more female then male athletes, which is a great thing for improving the profile of women's sport and women's participation in sport.

I am a cycling nut, I know that none of the bmx or mountain bike gold's went to public school.

The is of course nothing wrong with public schools but I think it is unfair to talk negatively about so many hard working athletes who have sacrificed so much. Of course smearing a group of people who are usually white (public school pupils) is an accepted form of bigotry. What I find odd is that I imagine you would be one of the first to highlight bigotry if it were against other groups.

If you want to live in some Liberal huggy society, maybe lead by example.

When you see what a lot of these athletes go through for little financial reward and compare it to messi for instance, a player that has basically bled his club dry, then i can't help but admire and applaud them, whatever their sport or background.

and laura kenny, crashes, gets up and trys like fudge, misses out on a medal, first time away from her son, which has been really tough for her, asked what now? don't know, but nowhere near quitting. after winning just about everything she can, bloody marvellous, and a spurs supporter to boot.
why can't we sign people like that?

Back