• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs finances

Maybe one more, highlights, stats and analysis that could drive a new business model around online betting.
The TV companies are in the weaker position here.

If BT/SKY refuse to pay up anything PL will sell the rights elsewhere - Amazon etc will buy them up - or they might just start their own network.

I’ve always thought it would end up that way - you could have 3 packages

Club only
All PL football
Pay as you go

It would appease the bigger clubs as well as they would get a bigger slice of the pie.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Absoloutely no chance games are played behind doors or otherwise as soon as May

I mean last few days of May, and assuming 3 weeks training is enough for teams. Might be a week or so out but the very end of the month (i.e Sat/Sun 30/31) I think is entirely plausible

Indeed. There will certainly be value out there this summer window (whenever it occurs) especially for players on high wages. Would we accept £30m for N’Dombele for example to get his rumored £200k a week wages off the books?

Other than Kane though do we have any players that the cash rich big boys would fight over?

By the time this is over I don’t think there will be ‘cash rich big boys’ left.

I mean last few days of May, and assuming 3 weeks training is enough for teams. Might be a week or so out but the very end of the month (i.e Sat/Sun 30/31) I think is entirely plausible

It’s generally agreed Italy and Spain are three weeks ahead of us; no sign of football teams starting back to training again in either country. In fact, Real Sociedad have just been told today by the Spanish government that they can’t start back to training next week.

I’d love you to be right but, with continuing pressure on public services - and the resultant likelihood that police and ambulance crews will be unavailable to be at football games for a long time yet - I’d be very surprised to see anything before July. And that’s probably optimistic.

Taken from today's official club statement:

All clubs will be facing different pressures. The cessation of our Club’s operations, particularly given our stadium’s use as a multi-purpose venue, has come at a challenging time for us.

In addition to the postponement of football, we have had rugby, concerts, boxing events and conferences postponed or cancelled. Since our results for the year end 30 June 2019, our net debt has risen, as anticipated, as we continued to invest in the team and completed budgeted capital projects.

In these uncertain times, we have to ensure we are in a position to meet our financial obligations and protect the Club’s ability to be able to operate when football returns.

All clubs will be facing different pressures. The cessation of our Club’s operations, particularly given our stadium’s use as a multi-purpose venue, has come at a challenging time for us.

In addition to the postponement of football, we have had rugby, concerts, boxing events and conferences postponed or cancelled. Since our results for the year end 30 June 2019, our net debt has risen, as anticipated, as we continued to invest in the team and completed budgeted capital projects.

In these uncertain times, we have to ensure we are in a position to meet our financial obligations and protect the Club’s ability to be able to operate when football returns.

Yes, I saw that too.
A gentle reminder that won't be heeded by many of those who really should take note.

The only thing I would say - and this stands for whenever it returns - is what happens as soon as one player gets the virus? We saw players and managers getting it when numbers were really low - and those low numbers are a long way off as discussed in the news conference yesterday.

Will it be classed as a normal ‘injury’ and a game goes ahead?

Or will team X now be unavailable for 2 further weeks while isolating?

The overall exit strategy to this virus will govern when football returns imo, football won’t be able to make its own rules.

The only thing I would say - and this stands for whenever it returns - is what happens as soon as one player gets the virus? We saw players and managers getting it when numbers were really low - and those low numbers are a long way off as discussed in the news conference yesterday.

The overall exit strategy to this virus will govern when football returns imo, football won’t be able to make its own rules.
I think that’s a big unknown
Surely the whole team is then quarantined and it’s game over again

I was reading an interview with Wes Morgan at the weekend. The article spoke about the return of football behind closed doors to complete the season saying “All players, officials and media would have to be tested for Covid-19 and kept in a so-called “bio-secure” environment sealed off from the outside world, with only people who are virus-free or had immunity allowed into the bubble.”
Morgan seemed to be endorsing this saying it wouldn’t be easy but is doable.

Even if that might just work for the remaining games of this season, there would still be quite a few challenges as there would be other people needed - security, cooks, cleaners, emergency services on standby etc., It will need to be a pretty big bubble.
it’s not practical to carry that through to next season however.

It's massively open for abuse, big game coming up and you don't have some key players available, ooh, sorry PL, just enough of our players to not have a squad, have a persistent cough and a headache, need to postpone this game for a few weeks whilst they isolate.

The UK is meant to be able to do 100k tests per day by the end of April, and that'll presumably continue to climb from there so by the time the PL resumes we'll be in the millions per week.

50 players + staff per club * 20 clubs = 1000 people for the PL team. Even 100 per club is 2000, so test everyone at a PL team once per week when they walk through the door on a Monday morning - if they fail the test, they go home. Then get them to continue to obey the rules which the rest of the country it observing.

What happens if a star player or two tests positive with zero symptoms? Would you trust them to send them home for 2 weeks?
Its gonna get a bit strange

The UK is meant to be able to do 100k tests per day by the end of April, and that'll presumably continue to climb from there so by the time the PL resumes we'll be in the millions per week.

50 players + staff per club * 20 clubs = 1000 people for the PL team. Even 100 per club is 2000, so test everyone at a PL team once per week when they walk through the door on a Monday morning - if they fail the test, they go home. Then get them to continue to obey the rules which the rest of the country it observing.
Testing people without symptoms is useless. The test (if negative) will only be valid for the exact moment the test was taken. A person could get infected seconds after the test was taken.

Testing people without symptoms is useless. The test (if negative) will only be valid for the exact moment the test was taken. A person could get infected seconds after the test was taken.

Of course but if you test all those involved and they then obey the same restrictions as everyone else, the risk is no greater than for the rest of the population. There will inevitably be risks when the world re-opens, and this will be no different

Seems a bit unfair. Say for example a team was relegated while their star player can't play as they test positive.

I'm a fan of cancelling the season (even going ahead behind closed doors loses home advantage).

Lets face it, the only reason they are even attempting to go ahead is because of £££.

Seems a bit unfair. Say for example a team was relegated while their star player can't play as they test positive.

I'm a fan of cancelling the season (even going ahead behind closed doors loses home advantage).

Lets face it, the only reason they are even attempting to go ahead is because of £££.
And £££ is all that matters to teams right now

What was net debt in that set of accounts? I know we had £657 of loans and £120m cash in bank, but how much was owed by us and to us for transfers?

Back