• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs finances

Why do we think Levy is the best person to do this? Where has he previously shown he is the right man for that? Has he been a CEO anywhere else other than Spurs and Mr Byrite?

You must be joking, look where we were when he first came here ( we had turned into a nothing club) and now look where we are. I will say it again it seems there are some fans who can not wait to question what Levy does or not do but as i say you must be joking if you can not see that he is probably the right man for the job.

You must be joking, look where we were when he first came here ( we had turned into a nothing club) and now look where we are. I will say it again it seems there are some fans who can not wait to question what Levy does or not do but as i say you must be joking if you can not see that he is probably the right man for the job.

When Levy arrived I believe we had the 5th biggest turnover in England. At the end of this season (whenever that comes) we will have the 5th biggest turnover in England. The end of this season will mark 19 years seasons under Levy's stewardship. We have won 1 league cup in that time. If we compare directly to the 19 years that proceeded him we won 1 league Cup, 2 FA Cups and a UEFA Cup.

Levy has done well to steer us back close to where we should be in the game after some poor decisions under Alan Sugar's stewardship after he had initially saved us from bankruptcy.

My question was why you felt that Levy restoring Spurs to about their rightful position in terms of fan numbers and size of club during 19 years of good times and increased revenue for football, makes him the right person to lead a company in £657 million of debt, with a turnover about to reduce by a significant amount through a probable huge Worldwide recession?

It was an unbelievably large task, take a look at what happened to other clubs of our stature at that time in the same time period, Forest, Villa, Leeds, Everton, only one of them is still in the PL, only Everton have appeared in the CL in recent times, The allowed investment by questionable groups and individuals have built a wall the likes of which have only been seen in the seven kingdoms.

220 people. At the max Furlough rate of £2,500 per month = £550k a month that we are saving. I suspect this will be for 4 months. So £2.2 million.

Topping up the 20% of these wages over the 4 months would cost the club £440,000.

I think the action the club have taken (especially the lack of making up the difference) over a reasonably small amount (<15% of Levy's bonus for last year for example) indicates to me that we are in a more worrying place financially than the rest of the league.

So why are so few other clubs doing this?

How 'alone' are we in doing this and not topping up?
I still think it’s because so few clubs have contributed to make a claim...
It gets glazed over but so few make any tax contribution the scandal behind them claiming would be even more gross
It’s why some are now just delaying the inevitable problem
Most in the league right now have no money and large debts for transfers owed

here you go
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ansfers-impending-financial-crisis-looms.html

I still think it’s because so few clubs have contributed to make a claim...
It gets glazed over but so few make any tax contribution the scandal behind them claiming would be even more gross
It’s why some are now just delaying the inevitable problem
Most in the league right now have no money and large debts for transfers owed
You don't need to contribute to make a claim Bedford.

Applying pure business logic to this, usually when I see a company tightening significantly tightening it's belt in a time when it's competitors are not I would be a seller of that company even if I was still buying or holding in that sector in general.

You don't need to contribute to make a claim Bedford.

Applying pure business logic to this, usually when I see a company tightening significantly tightening it's belt in a time when it's competitors are not I would be a seller of that company even if I was still buying or holding in that sector in general.
No you don’t
But as a public figure if you claim when your a loss making machine it looks much much worse

Pretty sure that most clubs in the PL made a pre-tax profit in the last financial year?
Don’t think so
Pretty sure most lose money
Everton for example who are a BIG ish club posted record losses again
People get obsessed with turnover nor profit
It’s was when we were 8th in the money league I laughed as the teams above us we’re mainly actually broke ...

When Levy arrived I believe we had the 5th biggest turnover in England. At the end of this season (whenever that comes) we will have the 5th biggest turnover in England. The end of this season will mark 19 years seasons under Levy's stewardship. We have won 1 league cup in that time. If we compare directly to the 19 years that proceeded him we won 1 league Cup, 2 FA Cups and a UEFA Cup.

Levy has done well to steer us back close to where we should be in the game after some poor decisions under Alan Sugar's stewardship after he had initially saved us from bankruptcy.

My question was why you felt that Levy restoring Spurs to about their rightful position in terms of fan numbers and size of club during 19 years of good times and increased revenue for football, makes him the right person to lead a company in £657 million of debt, with a turnover about to reduce by a significant amount through a probable huge Worldwide recession?

What is that old saying " there is none so blind as those that can not see" . If you REALLY think we have not progressed under Levy there is nothing more to say. :rolleyes:

What is that old saying " there is none so blind as those that can not see" . If you REALLY think we have not progressed under Levy there is nothing more to say. :rolleyes:
We have a fantastic stadium and training ground. We also have the biggest debt in the country. A debt that exceeds our revenue by a large amount

We have the 5th biggest revenue in the country (same as when he he took over). His 19 years running our club have been the leanest period in terms of trophies the club has known since before the 2nd World war, that is a fact.

I think Levy has done a reasonably good job. He hasn’t fcuked things up like Sugar did and he hasn’t bankrupted us so he’s 1 up on our last two chairmen. He doesn’t sh1t gold though as some on here seem to think.

Last edited:
We have a fantastic stadium and training ground. We also have the biggest debt in the country. A debt that exceeds our revenue you a large amount

We have the 5th biggest revenue in the country (same as when he he took over). His 19 years running our club have been the leanest period in terms of trophies the club has known since before the 2nd World war, that is a fact.

I think Levy has done a reasonably good job. He hasn’t fcuked things up like Sugar did and he hasn’t bankrupted us so he’s 1 up on our last two chairmen. He doesn’t sh1t gold though as some on here seem to think.

You asked earlier why i thought Levy was the man to lead us through this next stage i gave you the reason which you obviously chose to ignore. As for the "reasonably good job" then all i see is yet another dig at Levy which you seem to enjoy doing.

But as they say Stop! Hammer time and we will not agree on this one either.

You asked earlier why i thought Levy was the man to lead us through this next stage i gave you the reason which you obviously chose to ignore. As for the "reasonably good job" then all i see is yet another dig at Levy which you seem to enjoy doing.

But as they say Stop! Hammer time and we will not agree on this one either.
Sorry, what was the reason?

Actually parklane, let me ask me ask you a question. Where do you see Spurs in terms of size of club in England in terms of prestige and fan base?

Back